closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dad's CWC

Dad's CWC

I wonder if someone could help me identify Dad's CWC for him please? Don't get excited, it's not some original issue classic and it's not worth anything, but he's had it a few years and asked me which one it was. I know nothing about them really, and I can't see it as he's miles away and C-19 means he's not accepting visitors at the mo. He doesn't have a camera phone, but he tells me the back says:

CWC

Water resistant 5ATMs

[Nato arrow]
    W10/6645-99
    4398/12

If anyone can offer anything I know he'd love to know.

Cheers,

Jim

Army issue, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Army issue, 2012.
    Thanks, that's helpful. So I can tell him it's as issued? He'll like that.

Deeper explanation of it all here:

http://www.horologycrazy.com/2009/06...kings.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Fab, thanks. I presume the four digit number before the date (4398/12 in this case) is the batch number or something?

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Fab, thanks. I presume the four digit number before the date (4398/12 in this case) is the batch number or something?
    Ah, found it, it's the Serial or Item number.
    Thanks a lot for this guys - dad will be very chuffed (and it's father's day!)

Dad's CWC

It’s the unique serial number of that particular watch.

I think, but am not sure, that the last Army contract was 2006.

https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/show...Cwc+production

If that is the case, then I am sorry it’s not what you want to hear. Your father’s watch could be identical, newer and in better condition.

Buying old ex-military CWCs can be hit and miss. I have bought some duds in my time including an ex-navy one that had obviously been submerged and was full of rust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    It’s the unique serial number of that particular watch.

I think, but am not sure, that the last Army contract was 2006.

https://www.mwrforum.net/forums/show...Cwc+production

If that is the case, then I am sorry it’s not what you want to hear. Your father’s watch could be identical, newer and in better condition.

Buying old ex-military CWCs can be hit and miss. I have bought some duds in my time including an ex-navy one that had obviously been submerged and was full of rust.

Thanks Billy. He bought it new from Silverman's about seven or eight years ago. Never thought it had been issued, just wanted a beater. He'll be dead chuffed just to understand what all the numbers mean.
    Mind you, he also bought a Sub new in 1966, long before I was born, and sold it about 15 years ago. Can you imagine what a well-kept and unmolested '66 Sub would go for now? I may never forgive him for that!

Thanks Billy. He bought it new from Silverman's about seven or eight years ago. Never thought it had been issued, just wanted a beater. He'll be dead chuffed just to understand what all the numbers mean.
    Mind you, he also bought a Sub new in 1966, long before I was born, and sold it about 15 years ago. Can you imagine what a well-kept and unmolested '66 Sub would go for now? I may never forgive him for that!
    That makes sense if he bought it from Silvermans (I think they own CWC) so a perfect British army spec. watch sold direct to the retail market rather than MoD.

1966 Sub, we all regret selling some watches we’ve owned. I think a lot of Subs get put away in cases and safes. The CWC get used as it should.