TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll just leave this here

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    That does look very nice - and nothing like an Omega 😜

Journeyman
    Ehhhhh....... thought you said he wasn't going to do it now Omega themselves have reissued the design and its one of their current models ..... does just changing the colour make it a different design and not a copy ?? That is stretching the credibility of the Smiths name a bit much for me, though seems others are happy enough with it. Think it might open up a can of worms for Timefactors if it proceeds .... lets see a mock-up in a different case!
    Last edited by Drumcairn; 6th July 2020 at 18:50.

Master

I'll just leave this here

Quote Originally Posted by Drumcairn View Post
    Ehhhhh....... thought you said he wasn't going to do it now Omega themselves have reissued the design and its one of their current models ..... does just changing the colour make it a different design and not a copy ?? That is stretching the credibility of the Smiths name a bit much for me, though seems others are happy enough with it. Think it might open up a can of worms for Timefactors if it proceeds .... lets see a mock-up in a different case!
    The bezel is different, the lumed pip is different, the markings on the bezel are of a count down, rather than time-lapse and the bracelet is reversed - plus the dial is a completely different colour. The size is also different.

The Omega has a co-axial movement, this will not.

Last, but not least, there’s probably about £4,250 between them.

Quite a lot of difference really.

A number of people have expressed an interest in this. I probably won’t get it (my next will hopefully be the Navigator and the PRS-29) but if they want it why not? If you don’t like it you don’t have to buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KAS118; 6th July 2020 at 21:27.

I really like that in blue.
    Looks great.

It is worth adding that as a 60+ year old design it is outside any kind of protection.

Cream with the blue?
    Last edited by sweets; 6th July 2020 at 21:38.

Master

I'll just leave this here

Looks cool the blue.

My 2 pennies, colour of the blue across bezel and matte dial a bit washed out like a Tudor blue snowflake, perhaps the bezel insert a bit greyish blue.
    Last edited by ac11111; 6th July 2020 at 22:05.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Eddie
    I think the Blue looks very good.

With the Cream dial I can't help but think there's too many colours going on if I'm honest....

Master
    Never afraid to suggest something stupid - but for the cream face why not make that full lume - and do the numbers, indices and hands in blue - with the lumed inserts on the hands in the same lume as the dial?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I really like that in blue.
    Looks great.

It is worth adding that as a 60+ year old design it is outside any kind of protection.

Cream with the blue?
    My point was it may be an old Omega design but it is also one of their current models. The very minor differences are pretty irrelevant .... but of course its a different colour and (the one that was missed) its got a different name on it so of course its a totally different design ...LOL. I seem to remember a bit of a stramash recently about the perceived copying of Timefactors current model names - seems copying an entire current model watch is ok though!

Well, said my piece - if others are ok with it then there is no doubt its attractive (it should be - Omega charge a lot of money for theirs) ....maybe we'll get a Smiths Rolex Sub next!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcairn View Post
    My point was it may be an old Omega design but it is also one of their current models. The very minor differences are pretty irrelevant .... but of course its a different colour and (the one that was missed) its got a different name on it so of course its a totally different design ...LOL. I seem to remember a bit of a stramash recently about the perceived copying of Timefactors current model names - seems copying an entire current model watch is ok though!

Well, said my piece - if others are ok with it then there is no doubt its attractive (it should be - Omega charge a lot of money for theirs) ....maybe we'll get a Smiths Rolex Sub next!
    Sewills PRS-44

http://timefactors.com/sewillsprs44.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the cream but very much liking the blue.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

I think the cream (as others) might be improved by blued hands and black numeration? I would also be tempted to keep the black bezel on that, the blue looks a little lonely. If the numerals were blue, the bezel would fit better......

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Eddie
    I still think that the Cream dial version has too much going on.

I think my previous suggestion of a full-lume dial and blued numbers and indices might work (with your blued hands) but then again, until you see it, who knows.

But at the moment its just looks too much of a mess - sorry.

I also don't think the Blue hands work with the aged lume.

Eddie
    Stainless steel bezel / "aged"lume? ('scuse the crude edit)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Stainless steel bezel / "aged"lume? ('scuse the crude edit)

Yeah, the Stainless Steel Version looks a lot lot better with the Cream Dial in this one 😎

Master
    I love the look of this. As soon as I thought this, I also thought - bet it gets cancelled like the art deco one I liked... aaaand history.
    If it ever does get made it'd very likely see me buying one shattering my resolution not to spend on any more watches until I can afford the next UN i'm after. So kind of sorry, not sorry that it's been back burnered.

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    All good except for the minute hand.
    Together with the hour and seconds hands.