closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-6 MK II???

Master

PRS-6 MK II???

Am I the only one who would love to see the return of the PRS-6; perhaps using a Sellita SW216-1?

I note it doesn't appear on the TimeFactors site - so here's a link to a review if anyone doesn't know what it is https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...highlight=pRS6

Craftsman
    I was not aware but looking at it I must say I rather fancy it. It looks a lot like one of the Dirty Dozen which are my favorite military/field watch. I backed the Timor Heritage Field watch on Kickstarter and it should be out around November, so I would very much be interested in a return of it. I think it would be awesome if Eddie did a Smith's rendition of one of the Dirty Dozen as Smith's probably would have been considered by the Ministry of Defense in the production of a watch but at the time Smith's was fully engaged in the war effort making gauges for military aircraft and the like.

Master
    Blog Entries
    it is one watch the is hardly ever mentioned I quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I was not aware but looking at it I must say I rather fancy it. It looks a lot like one of the Dirty Dozen which are my favorite military/field watch. I backed the Timor Heritage Field watch on Kickstarter and it should be out around November, so I would very much be interested in a return of it. I think it would be awesome if Eddie did a Smith's rendition of one of the Dirty Dozen as Smith's probably would have been considered by the Ministry of Defense in the production of a watch but at the time Smith's was fully engaged in the war effort making gauges for military aircraft and the like.
    The one I've fancied doing for a while is the Omega WWW with sword hands but in 38mm.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The one I've fancied doing for a while is the Omega WWW with sword hands but in 38mm.

Eddie
    Now that would be a hands down winner!

Craftsman
    The (quite rare) Omega 2179 'US army' with the radiating numerals would be a nice project too. Like so....

Master

Eddie
    If you’re talking about this one - fantastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Eddie
    That would be awesome Eddie. I know that there were varying case diameters as the Timor was 36.6mm. Was the Omega 38mm, I am not sure what all the case diameters are. I really prefer 36-37mm which I am glad that the reissue of the Timor is true to the original at 36.5mm. It would be an awesome watch. Is this another that you will just leave it here in the future, I am up for that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post

Now that is what I am talking about, but I would prefer a 36-37mm case, but I can only dream at this point. The Dirty Dozen are by far my favorite group of any designs of watches.

Hubba hubba- Omega WWW

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Now that is beautiful! What’s driving the decision on the 38mm sizing? Would it be the availability of a sub seconds movement?

Master
    That would be a sure fire winner and 38mm would be a great size for me. That image with the aged lume is stunning if that can be recreated.
    Last edited by StuS; 20th June 2020 at 20:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StuS View Post
    That would be a sure fire winner and 38mm would be a great size for me. That image with the aged lume is stunning if that can be recreated.
    The lume on the PRS-82 is a close match - I wonder if they’ve done an updated version?

Edit - I think they have; I note that the proposed Conquistador uses X1 OR, I'm sure that would look good

Last edited by KAS118; 21st June 2020 at 09:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Now that is beautiful! What’s driving the decision on the 38mm sizing? Would it be the availability of a sub seconds movement?

The Sellita SW216 is small seconds but it has a date position. Not cheap and quite a wait.

http://sellita.ch/scripts/calibres/i...1_produit2.jpg

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    The Sellita SW216 is small seconds but it has a date position. Not cheap and quite a wait.

http://sellita.ch/scripts/calibres/i...1_produit2.jpg

Eddie
    Yes, but apparently they will remove the date feature if required (see what Timor say?).

The issue is that there is no real obvious alternative's - unless you have a source for Unitas? (What would be great - I'd love a 18,000bph in there - but I also thought they were quite large too).

Miyota's all have the subseconds at a 4-5 o'clock position don't they?

As far price - I'm sure an 'enthusiast/collector' would be happy to pay a reasonable amount more than your usual price range.
    Last edited by KAS118; 21st June 2020 at 11:43.

Craftsman
    Yes, but apparently they will remove the date feature if required (see what Timor say?).

The issue is that there is no real obvious alternative's - unless you have a source for Unitas? (What would be great - I'd love a 18,000bph in there - but I also thought they were quite large too).

Miyota's all have the subseconds at a 4-5 o'clock position don't they?

As far price - I'm sure an 'enthusiast/collector' would be happy to pay a reasonable amount more than your usual price range.
    You are right about the Timor. I backed the Timor Heritage Field and it has the Sellita SW216 with the date feature removed, but like Eddie said there is the wait and I am sure that there is also an added cost of the modification. A ETA/Unitas 6497/6498 would require a larger case.

I am not sure which movement by Miyota having a subseconds. Are you referring to a hand wound or an auto. I had the 6T33 hand wound movement but it had no subseconds just center seconds and I believe the 8N33 is also center seconds. I do not know the availability of them but with the Sellita's are available if you can wait and plan on spending a bit more. Personally I don't mind waiting for something good, but of course that come from the old saying "Good things come to those who wait".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    You are right about the Timor. I backed the Timor Heritage Field and it has the Sellita SW216 with the date feature removed, but like Eddie said there is the wait and I am sure that there is also an added cost of the modification. A ETA/Unitas 6497/6498 would require a larger case.

I am not sure which movement by Miyota having a subseconds. Are you referring to a hand wound or an auto. I had the 6T33 hand wound movement but it had no subseconds just center seconds and I believe the 8N33 is also center seconds. I do not know the availability of them but with the Sellita's are available if you can wait and plan on spending a bit more. Personally I don't mind waiting for something good, but of course that come from the old saying "Good things come to those who wait".
    I was referring to their 8 series.

I'm highly confused about what movements Miyota produce at the moment - because although I believe they did do hand-winds this https://miyotamovement.com suggest they only do Auto's now???

The point is that there's not much of alternative other than Sellita in any event.

Of course there is an ETA 7001 - but again where do you get then from. Mercer use a NOS France Ebauche FE 233-68 - but again there's likely to be supply problems (and I'm not sure how good it is). If money is no object then you have Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier https://catalogue.vauchermanufacture.ch/en/

So if you're not going to go Sellita and want something fairly competitive - then you're looking at a Chinese Clone of an ETA, and to me that's moving away from the 'Heritage' of this watch.