closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-40 / Marine Nationale Elastic Nylon Strap Combination??

Banned

PRS-40 / Marine Nationale Elastic Nylon Strap Combination??

Hello all. First post here so forgive me if this is the wrong place for it. I've just received my Smiths PRS-40 and I was hoping to pair it with a Marine Nationale style Elastic Nylon strap. The one I had my eye on was the Classic from The Watch Steward. I was wondering if anyone on here has made this pairing before, or with any MN style strap?? I'm concerned that the fixed hardware on the strap (combined with the bulk of the strap itself) won't fit through the fixed fixed strap loops on the PRS-40 which are a smidge under 4mm high by my measurements.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not this pairing,but I’ve had straps from the watch steward and Nick Manky.Both are well made and worth the money.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Not this pairing,but I’ve had straps from the watch steward and Nick Manky.Both are well made and worth the money.
    And on my watches as I type. Brilliant straps.

Master
    Don't have one of the straps you describe but having had a look at some images online and examined my own PRS-40 carefully - I don't think you'd get the hardware through the slots in the case (assuming you need to, you wouldn't on a NATO but I'm not familiar with the Marine Nationale straps).

I had a PRS-40 and managed to fit a Watch Steward strap to it. The hardware did go through the lugs, although you needed a bit of force and to push it through at an angle. Unfortunately, the combination of the strap design and the lug-to-lug length on the PRS-40 and my wrist size just didn't work together. With a bigger wrist than mine I think it would work (my wrist is 17.5cm).
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I had a PRS-40 and managed to fit a Watch Steward strap to it. The hardware did go through the lugs, although you needed a bit of force and to push it through at an angle. Unfortunately, the combination of the strap design and the lug-to-lug length on the PRS-40 and my wrist size just didn't work together. With a bigger wrist than mine I think it would work (my wrist is 17.5cm).
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by DickMille View Post
    Thanks for the input. I think I'll give it a go.
    I think it's worth it, it's a good combo. The PRS-40 was just a touch too big for me, lug-to-lug, but I thought the strap and watch were a good match.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day