closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breitling £475 service

I will quote my invoice from the great Mike Wood ( The old watch shop )

" 1 Breitling Emergency watch battery £5, 2 Breitling Emergency transmitter batteries £8, RMSD to return £10.50

Total £23.50"

Anything Quartz I do myself except for the Emergency... I'm not brave enough.

Hope this helps someone out.
    You might want to email Mike before sending anything as he's not opening the shop at the moment.

Best,
    James.

What is the aerospace case back like?

You may need a special tool to get it off, if you're thinking of doing it yourself.

That said, I just got my Certina DS-8 back from a local jewelers as I couldn't get the case back (press fit) back on...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 3rd December 2020 at 10:22.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    ..I'll continue to replace the battery with the correct Renata one myself for £3 a pop until I either sell it or it fails. As I've never had a quartz watch fail this is a risk I'm willing to take.
    That's exactly what I do with my Transocean Colt. Over twenty years old and its still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    I will quote my invoice from the great Mike Wood ( The old watch shop )

" 1 Breitling Emergency watch battery £5, 2 Breitling Emergency transmitter batteries £8, RMSD to return £10.50

Total £23.50"

Anything Quartz I do myself except for the Emergency... I'm not brave enough.

Hope this helps someone out.
    You might want to email Mike before sending anything as he's not opening the shop at the moment.

Best,
    James.
    Thanks! I have emailed Mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    What is the aerospace case back like?

You may need a special tool to get it off, if you're thinking of doing it yourself.

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    It's screw-down. The risk in doing it yourself, same as the X-33, is that the screws are titanium and rather fragile.

I have a vague recollection from a thread a number of years back where the advice if attempting this at home was when re-screwing the caseback on, don't go clockwise as this risks pinching and distorting the o ring - do it opposite to opposite.

Craftsman
    Timely as my airwolf raven is with Breitling and today had the service quote in. Battery maintenance service requested however full service ‘required’ with replacement glass advised - £633.

Watch was near immaculate and fully functional. I’ll be giving them a call to discuss.