closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silver Wedding Celebrations?

Silver Wedding Celebrations?

Another 'help me with my thinking' thread...

Assuming all this Covid-19 nonsense goes away... we will be celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss next spring. It will also be a significant birthday for Mrs MCH who got married three days after her 25th birthday. We want a celebration (and frankly our families are expecting one too) but we don't know what we want.

We got married before most of our friends, siblings, cousins etc (and those that married before us no longer are) so the last wave of silver weddings 'dos' we went to were our parents' generation. These tended to be a sit down meal in the function room of a conveniently located hotel followed by a crap disco.

We know what we don't want but we're not sure what we do want.

Have you had or been to a silver wedding, significant birthday or other similar 'do' recently that you really enjoyed? Tell me about it.

At the risk of being accused of reviving TZ-UK's most boring thread...

Anyone had/been to a good silver wedding do recently? Tell me about it. We really don't know what we want to do.

We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary yesterday, with a curry. We went to Zanzibar for our 25th. Amazing place. Just the two of us. It was bliss.

Silver Wedding Celebrations?

I wouldn’t have a do, just go away yourselves.

If people expect one let them organise it.

Master
    We celebrated our 25th and 40th anniversary's and are due to celebrate our 50th in June next year,
    The best bet is to keep it simple such as a BBQ in the back garden with the family and a few close friends where you can all do what you want for as long as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I wouldn’t have a do, just go away yourselves.
    If people expect one let them organise it.
    It's tempting but we do actually want to celebrate it with the two families and our friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    The best bet is to keep it simple such as a BBQ in the back garden with the family and a few close friends where you can all do what you want for as long as you want.
    The only problem with that idea is that we've had quite a few BBQ/do/parties in the garden over the years, often for kids birthday parties in August. Actually there's another problem - my mum has mobility issues and we have very steep stairs (and no downstairs loo). I'm sure we could make it work though.