closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Haveston canvas delivery

This thread has inspired me to get a Forecastle for my PRS40.

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    This thread has inspired me to get a Forecastle for my PRS40.

That's a great match!

Master
    I've been inspired by the fantastic photos and have ordered a Forecastle with a PVD buckle for my CWC diver.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I've been inspired by the fantastic photos and have ordered a Forecastle with a PVD buckle for my CWC diver.

I look forward to seeing them together, and I hope the strap will fit. I tried one on my 2004 CWC and it didn't want to go through the bar/case gap. I probably could have dragged it through with some force applied but it wouldn't have done the strap any good, and probably the case neither.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I look forward to seeing them together, and I hope the strap will fit. I tried one on my 2004 CWC and it didn't want to go through the bar/case gap. I probably could have dragged it through with some force applied but it wouldn't have done the strap any good, and probably the case neither.
    Arrived today. Good news is the strap fits though the fixed bars, just, but it fits. Bad news is that I was sent an A12 instead of a Forecastle, but I'm sure they will sort that out. Quality seems excellent and I love the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Arrived today. Good news is the strap fits though the fixed bars, just, but it fits. Bad news is that I was sent an A12 instead of a Forecastle, but I'm sure they will sort that out. Quality seems excellent and I love the packaging.

I had a small problem with one of their nylon Nato straps a while ago, Alex sorted it out impeccably.

Master
    I had a small problem with one of their nylon Nato straps a while ago, Alex sorted it out impeccably.
    Alex was great. He is sending me the correct strap and told me to keep the A12. I feel I should pass the kindness on.

If anyone want an unworn A12 with a PVD keeper, please PM me, then make a donation to the fundraiser. I'll cover postage. If there is no interest here by Monday I'll put it on SC for the fundraiser.

Master
    This is the CWC diver with the Forecastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Forecastle matches the CWC beautifully. Great gesture re the A12.

Master
    The A12 is now on SC for the fundraiser.

This is probably the best place to ask - does anyone have a Parade NATO? I have a particular watch I think it'll go well with. Apart from general thoughts, wanted to ask if the strap is thinner than the canvas/normal NATOs. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    This is probably the best place to ask - does anyone have a Parade NATO? I have a particular watch I think it'll go well with. Apart from general thoughts, wanted to ask if the strap is thinner than the canvas/normal NATOs. Thanks!
    Haveston quote the thickness as 1.3mm, the same as the Service series but with a much finer weave, so my guess is that it may feel thinner due to this. The canvas straps are 1.5mm but feel thinner as they don't have the woven edge of the other series.

Haveston quote the thickness as 1.3mm, the same as the Service series but with a much finer weave, so my guess is that it may feel thinner due to this. The canvas straps are 1.5mm but feel thinner as they don't have the woven edge of the other series.
    Jup I was thinking the weave being finer will help. I assumed was same thickness as the canvas (the watch definitely can't take the canvas), I didn't go into the fine print. When I find another strap to take advantage of the discount, I'll go order one I think.

Jup I was thinking the weave being finer will help. I assumed was same thickness as the canvas (the watch definitely can't take the canvas), I didn't go into the fine print. When I find another strap to take advantage of the discount, I'll go order one I think.
    Would curved springbars help? The canvas was too tight a fit for my liking on my DA37 until I fitted some. Quite cheap from Cousins too.

Would curved springbars help? The canvas was too tight a fit for my liking on my DA37 until I fitted some. Quite cheap from Cousins too.
    It had curved spring bars already.....very tight lug clearance!

It had curved spring bars already.....very tight lug clearance!
    By George! I thought my DA37 was a tight fit! Have you a standard Nato to try in? That should give you an idea as to what might fit.

By George! I thought my DA37 was a tight fit! Have you a standard Nato to try in? That should give you an idea as to what might fit.
    So people know the watch - its the Ming Diver, it is bloody tight! I've tried one of Eddie's NATO and it JUST about fits. Perlon is pretty good, but I think the Parade black would be a better match.

For comparison I just measured a few straps with my trusty Mitutoyo. Eddies Coyote Brown, standard Nato, is 1.35/1.4 mm. Haveston Service (22mm) 1.55mm measured on it's long axis, 1.6-1.7mm across the strap to include woven edge. Haveston canvas (3 samples of 20mm) at pointed end 10mm from tip 2.0/2.1mm across straps, measured at various places across the straps 1.8/1.95mm depending on which strap and whether across flat part or stitched hole. Given your description of the watch you'll do well to get a Haveston Parade in!

For comparison I just measured a few straps with my trusty Mitutoyo. Eddies Coyote Brown, standard Nato, is 1.35/1.4 mm. Haveston Service (22mm) 1.55mm measured on it's long axis, 1.6-1.7mm across the strap to include woven edge. Haveston canvas (3 samples of 20mm) at pointed end 10mm from tip 2.0/2.1mm across straps, measured at various places across the straps 1.8/1.95mm depending on which strap and whether across flat part or stitched hole. Given your description of the watch you'll do well to get a Haveston Parade in!
    Thanks - yea it is tight! I couldn't find another strap, so just ordered the one black parade (last black brushed in stock!). Will report back.....

Well itís arrived!!! Just about fits through and I have to say I do like this finer weave. Another excellent haveston! Only annoying thing is these have the Ďextra bití underneath. At some point Iíll probably chop it but itís not too offensive so will stay for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to black given the colours of your watch! Nice pairing. Grey would also probably look good. Looks like the usual speedy delivery time.

Had to black given the colours of your watch! Nice pairing. Grey would also probably look good. Looks like the usual speedy delivery time.
    Jup, ordered Thursday evening, arrived today! Definitely had to be black - perfect with the bezel. Grey is indeed in the agenda whenever I next order - liking the comfort of the parade actually.

With a newly arrived PRS-68 and only a few old 18mm grey Natos on my W10s to use, plus a light khaki in the box it was time to order some curved 18mm springbars from Cousins. That done, off to the Haveston site . . .