closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haveston canvas delivery

Haveston canvas delivery

Well, the 22mm I got from my WTB having met and exceeded expectations, I ordered two 20mm versions, a Forecastle and an M-1918 C. It seems they don't come in the nice tins any more, rather a fancy folding cardboard affair. It's a shame, as the tins are perfect for storing a couple of Natos. I bought these specifically for my Damaskos, and I think they swap between the DA37-DC56 and look good on either. I'd already taken the precaution of buying some 20mm curved springbars from Cousins as the gap on the 37 is tighter then the 56, but it turned out that the 56 needs curved bars as well. However with the curved bars fitted there's no drag at all on the hole stitching when fitting/removing. With 1.5mm shoulderless fitted to my 40mm Everest there's a little drag, so I'll be getting some curved for that as well shortly. The colours in the first picture are fairly accurate, the others are a little darker than in reality. The 56 was already wound and set, so that's what I'm wearing now, on the Forecastle. Of course every solution has a problem, and I now need a 22mm Forecastle as well.

F.T.F.A.

Looking good there. Interesting about the packaging, the Forecastle I got a couple of weeks ago came in the tin, so they must have just switched.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I'll be ordering some this weekend so will report back on packaging. I'll also be getting the 1918C for my landmaster.

What you think for the Dreadnought Voyager Bob, the Flightdeck or the quarterdeck. I'm leaning to the darker flightdeck at the moment, but seem to flip flop....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Looking good there. Interesting about the packaging, the Forecastle I got a couple of weeks ago came in the tin, so they must have just switched.
    Thanks! The stiff cardboard envelope they came in had a customs declaration sticker on the back dated June 11th with a value of $40, but I only ordered on the 10th and the actual value would have been $45, so I doubt they were shipped from USA and saving weight as the tins can't weigh much more than the cardboard (if at all). I've sent an email to ask the question, so we shall see.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I'll be ordering some this weekend so will report back on packaging. I'll also be getting the 1918C for my landmaster.

What you think for the Dreadnought Voyager Bob, the Flightdeck or the quarterdeck. I'm leaning to the darker flightdeck at the moment, but seem to flip flop....
    Between those two Junaid definitely the Flightdeck, they will certainly be a little lighter than the website shows. I'd check the case/springbar gap on your Landmaster in case you need to get curved bars for it. Here's a quick shot of the Voyager with the 20mm Forecastle fitted, the colour isn't quite accurate . . .

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Between those two Junaid definitely the Flightdeck, they will certainly be a little lighter than the website shows. I'd check the case/springbar gap on your Landmaster in case you need to get curved bars for it. Here's a quick shot of the Voyager with the 20mm Forecastle fitted, the colour isn't quite accurate . . .

Thanks much appreciated, yea I was worried the quarterback maybe too light coloured.

The normal NATO’s pass no issues with the Landmaster so hopefully the canvas should be too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Haveston I got a few days back came in a tin,they are handy for dog treats on our walks.

The normal NATO’s pass no issues with the Landmaster so hopefully the canvas should be too.
    That's what I thought re my DC56, but I had to fit curved bars, they make quite a difference.
    F.T.F.A.

The more I see the colour of that tan one, the more I like it.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I just had an email back from Haveston re packaging.

"Thank you for your email. It is great to hear the parcel has arrived to you safely.
    As with the products themselves, as we expand our range of designs, we are always looking refine and update details to enhance and diversify the product experience. Our latest product sleeves are based on the 1940s packaging and print, with a modern layout, and are being introduced to select lines, parallel to the tins for the time being."

Reading between the lines, I guess the tins cost more, but if what you want is already sitting in a tin you're ok, otherwise it's "1940s cardboard".
    F.T.F.A.

I thought these would be a really good match for my PRS-5 Broadarrow, but had forgotten the lugs are 19mm, no way will they squeeze in. :-( However all is not lost. The 22mm version in my other thread has shrunk slightly to @ 21.2mm and is also considerably softer and more pliable after a month of accelerated wear, so I'm sure these will fit in the Broadarrow in a while.
    F.T.F.A.

I have just bought a couple of these straps based on the pics on this thread.
    Looking forward to receiving them

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have just bought a couple of these straps based on the pics on this thread.
    Looking forward to receiving them
    I look forward to seeing what you got and what you put them on.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    I'm glad I saw this thread as I am looking for a canvas strap and was just about to order a M-1918C strap which I would like to fit to a Timefactors PRS10. The gap between the bars take a nato ok but I was wondering if the Haveston strap might be a tad tight - any ideas before I buy?

Also, re curved spring bars - I guess this would be a solution on my PRS10 with a thicker strap but can I order from Cousins or do you need a trade account?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    I'm glad I saw this thread as I am looking for a canvas strap and was just about to order a M-1918C strap which I would like to fit to a Timefactors PRS10. The gap between the bars take a nato ok but I was wondering if the Haveston strap might be a tad tight - any ideas before I buy?

Also, re curved spring bars - I guess this would be a solution on my PRS10 with a thicker strap but can I order from Cousins or do you need a trade account?

Thanks
    A 22mm spring bar (or a longer 20mm) squeezed between 2 spoons would probably work and save time

I just realised that I didn't show in the OP how the Voyager looks on the M-1918 C, albeit the wrong size . . .

Also the buckles of the 2 new straps have different markings, the Forecastle is the same as my other 5 with HAV, and the
    M-1918 C has the haveston logo . . .

F.T.F.A.

Well they’ve arrived. They are very, very nice. Just feel nicer to wear than the standard NATO and no doubt better with a bit of breaking in. Sorry Bob, sucks to be you because I got all the boxes

And three of the watches that will get a lot of use with the canvas. Especially the Seiko SARB which I’ve struggled a long time to find a nice suiting strap. Mission accomplished!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Very nice Junaid! Did you need curved bars for the Seikos?
    F.T.F.A.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Very nice Junaid! Did you need curved bars for the Seikos?
    Yes to the SARB, no to the Turtle - but I will try the curved 22mm to see how they are, to give some extra space and better bending. But very happy, had the SARB on all morning and very comfy.

So the 22mm 1.5mm spring bars far too thin for the turtle. Maybe the 1.8mm curves would be good, but honestly pretty happy with the current clearance on both turtles. Gratuitous wrist shot of the SARB

So the 22mm 1.5mm spring bars far too thin for the turtle. Maybe the 1.8mm curves would be good, but honestly pretty happy with the current clearance on both turtles. Gratuitous wrist shot of the SARB

You will, I am sure, appreciate that I now need a 22mm M-1918C for my Voyager (as above) and 40mm Everest . . . ;-)

F.T.F.A.

I look forward to seeing what you got and what you put them on.
    Well they have arrived.
    One in a tin and one on cardboard
    I suppose it depends on what model you order

Very well wrapped

The Fllght Deck

The Forecastle

They look well on the Omega. I look forward to seeing how the colour fades on the Flightdeck after some wear and washing.
    F.T.F.A.

Yes. Of the two I think I prefer the Flightdeck

I have a few of these with the green being my favorite colour. Curved springbars is a good idea as they do tend to grab on the holes as you pull them through. I tend to remove the springbars when fitting now which kinda defeats the object somewhat!

Nice comfortable straps though.

Sorry Bob, sucks to be you because I got all the boxes

Ha! Due to a delivery this morning I now have one more tin!

F.T.F.A.

Superb! The tan strap is probably my favourite colour. Let’s see some of the voyager whenever you get a chance.

I have the forecastle on the voyager today. I have to say, best strap I’ve found to balance the weight of the DN. Definitely better than their NATOs. Whenever I can get my Panerai out of the safe, I’m getting a M1918C for it.

Gratuitous shot -

The tan strap is probably my favourite colour. Let’s see some of the voyager whenever you get a chance

Presto!

F.T.F.A.

Presto!

That looks very good as well!

The two new 20mm canvas straps and the 22mm M-1944C all go through the bars of the Voyager no problem, albeit with a tiny bit of drag on the stitching around the holes. Strangely the 22mm M-1918 C wouldn't go straight in, I had to offer it at an angle where the gap is bigger due to the curve of the case and feed it in sideways, not a problem once you know you need to do that. Curiosity and my Mitutoyo digital guage showed that although the straps are listed as 1.5mm thick, they are in fact 1.8mm, and the first 6-8mm of the M-1918 C is 2.1mm, hence the "problem". Of course we are talking about a difference of 0.3mm in a canvas strap, so it's just manufacturing and material tolerances.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Here's my M 1944C in 18mm on my Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    Here's my M 1944C in 18mm on my Explorer.

Great match. Looks like the strap had plenty of room between case and bars.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Great match. Looks like the strap had plenty of room between case and bars.
    Yes,indeed.Just me but found prefer bit of room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    Yes,indeed.Just me but found prefer bit of room.
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. I actually meant sliding the strap through the gap to fit it, rather than the Bondesque look you have achieved. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Oh I see.Took some encouragement but had a lot worse
    John

I ordered one of these (M1944C) along with a watchgecko vintage canvas for my CWC diver. Soon as I opened the Haveston, the watchgecko one went straight back. My first haveston and doubt it will be my last - very impressed with the quality and delivered next day.

Blog Entries

Haveston canvas delivery

Yet another rabbit hole this place has led me down...

z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yet another rabbit hole this place has led me down...
    Perhaps, but it's a nice hole to be in. ;-) Very handsome combo there z.
    F.T.F.A.

So finally trying the 1918C on the Landmaster - liking the combo. Managed to just get them in without curved - once I got the tail through it was fine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    These straps complement any watch, good looking combo there!

Perchance, I have the same strap on right now . . .

F.T.F.A.

Love these straps and as above they work on everything i've tried them on

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I think it possibly doesn't work on the Hamilton, as it slightly over-powers the watch, but the rest look great!

Any idea if you can still get the dark brown one? Brown on their site at the minute seems a lot lighter than this

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Any idea if you can still get the dark brown one? Brown on their site at the minute seems a lot lighter than this

I don't believe they've ever done a brown canvas. The picture you quoted looks like an M-1944C, it just looks brownish in that picture. What you are thinking is brown on their site is the M-1918C, which looks darker than it is in reality. All of their straps look darker on the site than they actually are.
    F.T.F.A.

As above but it’s a brownish green

As above but it’s a brownish green

I agree. I edited the picture below in GIMP (to get a reasonable rendition of the actual colour of the strap) for inclusion in the Haveston longevity thread I started. It's a little bit lighter now after a dozen or more washes during a month of 24/7 wear, and buttery soft.

F.T.F.A.

Ah thanks I’ve got the M1944C and thought this looked like a nice alternative as the current brown they offer is a touch light for me. Looks like I might be due an eye test!