closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The big 4-0. Double grail incoming...

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s a lot of blue! Would love all three in my collection! A blue VC of some sort would make a fair holy trinity collection....

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post

My final grail is a Patek 5170p. I started a project a few years back and at the start decided that, if successful, I would get myself a 5170p. The project is going extremely well and I am hopeful (but it is far from guaranteed) that I’ll be in the position to tick that final grail off in 2021.

Happy birthday!
    It’s a nice way to celebrate the milestone
    I am thinking of a nice watch for my 40th next month, not made my mind up which though.

Master
    Belated happy birthday Cliff, two absolutely stunning watches for your 40th. ALMOST as nice as the one you got for your 30th if I remember correctly..........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    Belated happy birthday Cliff, two absolutely stunning watches for your 40th. ALMOST as nice as the one you got for your 30th if I remember correctly..........
    Thanks mate! Almost as nice. The downside of these ones in, comparison, was having to pay for them!

Master
    congratulations! I'm a little jealous!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Missed this one due to losing my watch and forum appetite a little during these Covid times! Didn't last too long - hah!

Amazing incomings for your bday and yes that 5170P is amazeballs - wasn't it discontinued last year??? Remember not that long ago they were on WatchCentre at a nice price. The blue on that dial is something else!!!

Decided that my BLRO and 5167 is going to be turned in for a 5164 somehow soon if I can swing it with greys - I just cant get rid of the urge for that Aqua and convinced its my grail!!!!

Master
    Thank you.

Yes, the 5170p was discontinued. I suspect there are still a few floating round the Patek AD system, but whether that will still be the case by the time I’m ready to buy is another matter. If not, grey market will oblige, I’m sure.

If you have an urge for a 5164 I would strongly recommend it and I’d think that your 5167 and BLNR should get you there. For me, I always had an urge for the 64 and despite the ludicrous premium over the 67 for a GMT function, always knew deep down that it was the one. For me, the extra chunk of the 64 just makes sense on the rubber.
    Last edited by cmcm3; 10th August 2020 at 07:33.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Thank you.

Yes, the 5170p was discontinued. I suspect there are still a few floating round the Patek AD system, but whether that will still be the case by the time I’m ready to buy is another matter. If not, grey market will oblige, I’m sure.

If you have an urge for a 5164 I would strongly recommend it and I’d think that your 5167 and BLNR should get you there. For me, I always had an urge for the 64 and despite the ludicrous premium over the 67 for a GMT function, always knew deep down that it was the one. For me, the extra chunk of the 64 just makes sense on the rubber.
    Never thought about 5170P's still floating around PPs inventory - I remember during the height of SS sport grey dealer craziness it would of been easy to cash in my Aquanaut and Daytona for one!!

I sent another message to the London Salon regarding the 5164 for shits and giggles (fully expect to be told to do one) and I will enquire about the 5170P when they reply lol

Yes the 5164 takes the Aquanaut to another level and I do use the GMT compilation often even though I could whip out my iPhone. I find having both the 5711 and 5167 a bit too simple dial wise and one of them needs to change and its not going to be the Nautilus!