closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: No recession for Omega

Master
    What a beauty.

Craftsman
    Beautiful item.

Jesus, I wasn't expecting that price tag. I won't spoil it for others, but a little bit out of my budget.

Interesting the prices of Tourbillion watches considering Moser brought one out for I think 30 or 40k and Frederique Constant have one that can be bought in steel for around 15K. Bit like the minute repeater watches made by Nivrel for 12k.

Journeyman
    I tried a Deville Tourbillon on at the Oxford St Boutique a few years ago. It was about 38K IIRC.

Nice looking and no doubt well made etc. But if I was dropping that kind of money I’d prefer a PP, VC, FPJ or Lange.

I wonder how many they sell of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Further proof that the more expensive a watch gets, the harder it is to tell the time on it.

Master
    wow, that is quite a price tag! I am assuming there is a bit of a mark up involved in that one?

Gold normal Omega's seem to be the first that go into the 30%-50% sale, even if this did, i cannot imagine there would be a queue out of the door

Master
    Impressive horological work, but wow, that price tag is special

Craftsman
    Full marks for creating something unique and different to the mainstream designs.

I quite like it, not sure the crown design compliments but would need to see it. Interesting reverse as well.

Certainly would not have expected it to be at that price level, ouch!

Journeyman
    Maybe the price is a typo? Two years ago a Deville Tourbillon was 38K. I can’t see them charging an extra 100K for a limited edition..

It is beautiful but that price, way way out of most leagues. Other than the premier league of course

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/...82/item/124681

Decent looking thing but I doubt anyone will actually pay rrp,but even at 50% off I’d rather have something else .

Thing with a Halo Product is you don't need to sell them, you just need to make them breathtakingly expensive and get people talking about your brand.

So already 100% successful.

This exists to make people feel a little bit better about buying thousands of Speedys, Seamasters etc. That's where the money's made.

Selling a few dozen of these to recreational-drug-wholesalers, third-world dictators &c is just gravy.

Craftsman
    Wow, that is stunning. I understand the price, it looks like a difficult watch to make and I bet they don't expect to sell many, but it looks worth it to me.

Not another moon reference!... well the price has been there and back for sure!

Why does this always seem to be the case?

Richard Mille seem particularly difficult to read (not that I’d ever get close enough to read one)

I guess if you can afford a 130k+ watch then your butler can tell you the time

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Further proof that the more expensive a watch gets, the harder it is to tell the time on it.

Complimentary delivery

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Thing with a Halo Product is you don't need to sell them, you just need to make them breathtakingly expensive and get people talking about your brand.

So already 100% successful.

This exists to make people feel a little bit better about buying thousands of Speedys, Seamasters etc. That's where the money's made.

Selling a few dozen of these to recreational-drug-wholesalers, third-world dictators &c is just gravy.
    Yes, I was going to post something similar. I can't see many punters thinking that an Omega at that kind of money is a sensible use of funds (whether to wear or as an investment), but it's a lovely thing.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 13th June 2020 at 08:10.

Personally think the central tourbillon looks great - as if the watch gas been designed around it rather than being an add-on to a standard watch.

Googled the DeVille mentioned above and whilst of similar design it doesn’t look good at all. Not sure why massive price difference though...

There are people so wealthy that when they break down in their Ferrari, they phone their servant to bring them one of their other 30+ Ferrari`s.

I know an ex jockey who used to ride for people like that all over the world and the stories of the money these people had are mind bending.

The super rich can buy watches like this for a laugh if they wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    ...it's a lovely thing.
    Agreed, and I'm really glad that barmy + clever Haute Horlogerie stuff like this is being made at-all

Journeyman
    Just watched the Omega video- totally mesmerising, I could stare all day at that.

I lobe the new Bond, brown Seamaster, but would struggle with the price

You can buy an actual piece of horology for that price. It's like BMW making a gold plated m series and the masses thinking it's something special.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    You can buy an actual piece of horology for that price. It's like BMW making a gold plated m series and the masses thinking it's something special.

What a ridiculous statement, Omega are quite capable of ‘actual pieces of horology’ as a look into their history of watch making will tell you, it always amuses me how people look down their noses at Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post

Doesn’t make sense unless you’re saying the BMW M is not proper engineering, in which case (actually in both cases) you’re completely wrong...