closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brushing your teeth- it all adds up.

Brushing your teeth- it all adds up.

No I haven't got a bubble on the brain but was just stood brushing my teeth before bed and it dawned on me of the mundane things we all do that all add to a huge amount of time. I’ve been on this planet 48 years and let’s assume I’ve been brushing my teeth daily since I was 10. Simple maths works out that I’ve spent 53 days brushing my bloody teeth which is 0.40% of my life since the age of 10. Christ on a bike, if someone told me years ago I’d spend 53 days brushing my teeth I don’t think I’d have bothered. If only I’d have spent a minute less each time I’d have got back 17 days!
    Anyway sorry for the weird post just thought it was crazy how we’re only on this Planet X amount of years but commit so much time doing utter rubbish.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 12th June 2020 at 07:21.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you're in that mood Dudley, for God's sake don't work out how much time you've spent on the throne. Literally chucking your life down the toilet...

Blog Entries
    Haha excellent stat! Sooo many things we do in life that are ridiculous, I fly for a living and we have a 3 monthly currency of actual instrument flying in clouds, I realised the other day I’ve spent 5 days of my life purposely flying in cloud to practice doing it, just in case I need to do it......

I hate to think how much of my life went on looking at TV adverts. I want the time back lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I hate to think how much of my life went on looking at forum watch adverts. I want the time back lol
    There, fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    If you're in that mood Dudley, for God's sake don't work out how much time you've spent on the throne. Literally chucking your life down the toilet...
    My immediate thought as well. Not sure what that says about us. Time I've spent doing things, Dynamic positioning - 12/day x 190 days/yr x 22yrs = 50160 hrs / 2090 day!! Still it pays the bills. I'd hate think of time wasted queuing at security in airports waiting for numpties to throw their bottles away / empty electronics etc. Waiting at understaffed bars to be served, toast to be ready, sitting in the car at the petrol station for the person ahead to sort their life out before moving off

What about flossing though?

Blog Entries
    Not to mention sleeping. OMG - who thought that one up! If we lived on a planet with two suns....

Shaving is another waste of time, but yes sitting on the toilet is up there.

You can do the same calculations with money. A newspaper or a coffee probably equate to a brand new Rolex if enough years are included.

Best not to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    What about flossing though?
    Most people who say they haven't got time to floss, still find the time for the occasional Arthur J Rank
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Most people who say they haven't got time to floss, still find the time for the occasional Arthur J Rank

Think of the time to be saved if you flossed and w****d at the same time. Flanking no less!
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    No I haven't got a bubble on the brain but was just stood brushing my teeth before bed and it dawned on me of the mundane things we all do that all add to a huge amount of time. I’ve been on this planet 48 years and let’s assume I’ve been brushing my teeth daily since I was 10. Simple maths works out that I’ve spent 53 days brushing my bloody teeth which is 0.40% of my life since the age of 10. Christ on a bike, if someone told me years ago I’d spend 53 days brushing my teeth I don’t think I’d have bothered. If only I’d have spent a minute less each time I’d have got back 17 days!
    Anyway sorry for the weird post just thought it was crazy how we’re only on this Planet X amount of years but commit so much time doing utter rubbish.
    Yes - but think of how much pain and expense that might have saved you in the dentist's chair...

Apologies, but my Dad was a dentist, I had this drummed into me and at 45 years old I've escaped with only one minor filling.

Hello

Best diet i ever had when i got bacterial dysentry in Goa. 2 and a half stone in a week!

When i went back to work i had to sit in the office nearest the toilet as there were still the odd incident....

Always poo at work. Never poo on your own time.

Craftsman
    I always thought that when you die you should get given your life stats that'll answer all of this!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Always poo at work. Never poo on your own time.
    No wonder I could never find an empty trap...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Haha excellent stat! Sooo many things we do in life that are ridiculous, I fly for a living and we have a 3 monthly currency of actual instrument flying in clouds, I realised the other day I’ve spent 5 days of my life purposely flying in cloud to practice doing it, just in case I need to do it......
    I don't know anything about flying but as a passenger in the back I'm rather glad you do 'practice flying in clouds'!

I wouldn't like to estimate the amount of time the average man pulls one.

No I haven't got a bubble on the brain but was just stood brushing my teeth before bed and it dawned on me of the mundane things we all do that all add to a huge amount of time. I’ve been on this planet 48 years and let’s assume I’ve been brushing my teeth daily since I was 10. Simple maths works out that I’ve spent 53 days brushing my bloody teeth which is 0.40% of my life since the age of 10. Christ on a bike, if someone told me years ago I’d spend 53 days brushing my teeth I don’t think I’d have bothered. If only I’d have spent a minute less each time I’d have got back 17 days! Anyway sorry for the weird post just thought it was crazy how we’re only on this Planet X amount of years but commit so much time doing utter rubbish.
    Has house arrest just hit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Has house arrest just hit you?
    Yes 🤣

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny Marco View Post
    Yes - but think of how much pain and expense that might have saved you in the dentist's chair...

Apologies, but my Dad was a dentist, I had this drummed into me and at 45 years old I've escaped with only one minor filling.
    Agree. My wife's a dentist and it will cost you a lot more in days at the dentist and not to mention the £££££. 50+ days well spent id say

I'm the same age as you and have brushed my teeth at least twice, sometimes thrice, over the same period. So I'm looking at maybe 110 days, more than three months! I see it as a great investment of my time.