closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SEO and web data

SEO and web data

Hi all,

I'm trying to help an old friend.

He's writing himself a website to launch a product and asked me if I knew of any free analytical tools to help him get the wording right.

Although I know my way around comms, I'm not that up-to-date on what Google likes / dislikes these days.

There are hundreds of sites that profess to know the secrets but in reality they don't say much unless you engage them.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

TIA

AO

Depending on how you build the site, the web builder software (wix is the one I have used) will have SEO built in, you follow the steps and hey presto...Still no one finds your site! I will watch this thread with interest.

From an analytics perspective he should use Google Analytics and he can manage the tag on the pages using Google Tag Manager. On the SEO optimisation, I am not sure what’s about now. By the way the two I mentioned are free.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Hi all,

He's writing himself a website to launch a product and asked me if I knew of any free analytical tools to help him get the wording right.

Although I know my way around comms, I'm not that up-to-date on what Google likes / dislikes these days.

There are hundreds of sites that profess to know the secrets but in reality they don't say much unless you engage them.

TIA

AO

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    From an analytics perspective he should use Google Analytics and he can manage the tag on the pages using Google Tag Manager. On the SEO optimisation, I am not sure what’s about now. By the way the two I mentioned are free.
    They are not only free, they are also essential must-have.
    For the rest, one word: content.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Hi all,

TIA

AO
    What product is your friend launching the site for? The first thing to start is the formation of a semantic core. Keyword selection has been and remains a central challenge in creating a viable and competitive website. This can take a very long time. In addition to competence, experience and time, he will need a tool that will facilitate and speed up the process. At one time, when I launched my personal site, I used the keyword grouper from SE Ranking https://seranking.com/keyword-grouper.html The tool is pretty handy and useful. Your friend simply enters his search queries, chooses a search engine, his location, sets the method for grouping keywords and the accuracy of the grouping, which will determine how many search queries will be placed in one group. As a result, the analytics is quite indicative and with its help he will be able not only to segment keywords for further distribution on the site, but also get higher quality scores and save money on his advertising campaigns using PPC grouping.
    Last edited by bobocat; 28th October 2020 at 08:52.