closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fiverr Pro - Anyone used it?

Craftsman

Fiverr Pro - Anyone used it?

So I need a website creating to run along side my marketplace, I am thinking Wordpress initially for the ease of use and that fact the project is relatively straight forward so no need to go O.T.T.

The problem is finding someone who you can trust and do a good job, I put a job on Codeable which seems to provide some kind of cover and vet their members but only one reply so not much to choose from.

I know Fiverr is normally full of lower skilled indian developers which I would prefer to stay away from (bad past experience) but there is now Fiverr Pro which like Codeable they seem to vet their members and only 1% actually get the 'pro' label.

Has anyone used it before and if so would you recommend it?

The site I need developing will need some custom work but other than that 5-6 pages (text) so not a huge ecommerce shop.
    Previous quotes seem to be around 1300USD.

Cheers

Master
    Have you looked at SquareSpace? Given half (or more) Youtube video I see promote it with a 10% off voucher you should be able to get that for a start. £1300 worth of their hosting is probably a fair while if it easily provides what you need.

Craftsman
    I haven't actually but just had a browse on their site and it could be an option providing I can find a developer to do the custom work on there.

Its not really a company I have any experience with so I presume they are OK with third party payment gateways/plug-ins etc?

Thanks for the heads up!

No experience with fiverr and don't know any professional freelancers (like myself) that use it. I know a wordpress experienced web designer who's got plenty of time on his hands at the minute so if you want to send a brief over to me I can put you in touch.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Just sent you a PM buddy as my wife does websites and is a good balance between being very capable but not charging agency prices. She’ll also talk you through it all once finished so you can make changes instead of being at the mercy of perpetual fees!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I may be able to help. Check your PMs.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys. I will reply to DMs soon and hopefully keep work within the forum :)

I tried Fiverrpro and the quotes came back much cheaper but I’m not looking for the cheapest, rather the best value and someone reliable.

It will likely lead to more work as well as I run a couple more sites.

Thanks

Master
    What makes you look on Fiver for a site for your business?
    Surely you would want a proper company to do it which you knew were reliable and could support and update it as time went on.
    For transactional stuff like logo designs or posters then fiver is cool but otherwise you are taking a big risk.

My company build websites and although you will pay more at least you will get a good product and support.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    What makes you look on Fiver for a site for your business?
    Surely you would want a proper company to do it which you knew were reliable and could support and update it as time went on.
    For transactional stuff like logo designs or posters then fiver is cool but otherwise you are taking a big risk.

My company build websites and although you will pay more at least you will get a good product and support.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Fiverr/Toptal/Codeable were just a base, they give me the option to upload my project and get some quotes and reviews/history on the developer.
    There is that many people/companies doing it now its hard finding one who is up the job, reliable and reasonably priced. I think a lot of developers on the above sites charge OTT knowing that a lot of people coming to them for a Wordpress site are usually small companies/start ups with little knowledge of Wordpress so take advantage.

I will reply to the PM's today, sorry its taken a bit longer.

If anyone else would like to message me their info I will email you a copy of the project.

Thanks