closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Easyjet; so bad its good

Easyjet; so bad its good

Last week Easyjet kindly cancelled my and the wifes non refundable flights to Pisa later this month and offered us a voucher for a replacement flight in the next 12 months. Today they are inviting us to check in for our non refundable return flights.

We've made around 30 Easyjet flights in the last 5 years, their confidence in our goodwill is admirable.

Blog Entries
    If they cancelled the flight then you should get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If they cancelled the flight then you should get your money back.
    But if you value your time at anything approaching a resonable rate you know its not worth the effort.

its the ability to render their miserly voucher offer completely pointless that amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    But if you value your time at anything approaching a resonable rate you know its not worth the effort.

its the ability to render their miserly voucher offer completely pointless that amuses me.
    Very strange, they cancelled my flight to Italy a few months back and refunded the money within a couple of weeks. I thought the voucher was if you wished to change your flight to a different date rather than risk flying now.

Mine was cancelled at the weekend.

Had three options; voucher, book a different flight or money back.

The voucher is the first offer as they are trying to keep the airline afloat and save as many jobs as they can. They are pretty cash rich so survival isn’t going to be an issue. They’ve cancelled their order for new Airbus aircraft and this week started the consultation period for for redundancy of 30% of their workforce. They intend to shrink their destination network and as an organisation. Non profitable routes will not re-start.

If you are going to fly with them again then vouchers are ok, if your nervous about their survival then ask for your refund, they will refund you if they cancelled your flight

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    The voucher is the first offer as they are trying to keep the airline afloat and save as many jobs as they can. They are pretty cash rich so survival isn’t going to be an issue. They’ve cancelled their order for new Airbus aircraft and this week started the consultation period for for redundancy of 30% of their workforce. They intend to shrink their destination network and as an organisation. Non profitable routes will not re-start.

If you are going to fly with them again then vouchers are ok, if your nervous about their survival then ask for your refund, they will refund you if they cancelled your flight
    I value their service and would like them to stay afloat so I was actually happy with the voucher offer. I've vaugue plans to make the same journey next year .

However as the return flight, booked at the same time as the outward one, is going ahead i can't get a refund or a voucher for it .

I value their service and would like them to stay afloat so I was actually happy with the voucher offer. I've vaugue plans to make the same journey next year .

However as the return flight, booked at the same time as the outward one, is going ahead i can't get a refund or a voucher for it .
    drop a note to customer services. if both legs were booked at the same time on the same ref they will do something, did you pay on credit card? if so and they refuse, raise a section 75 claim with the card issuer given the full service (contract) cant be met because of partial cancellation

Craftsman
    That's strange, maybe its a personnel error, i.e. they vouchered the outbound flight, but didn't deal with the inbound one at the same time. Sounds like another call to Customer Services.

I had another email this morning about the inbound flight being cancelled.

I guess that last week only my outbound one was cancelled.

I have just had confirmation that our flights have been cancelled, so have applied for a refund. Will comment on how that proceeds. Hopefully in time to sort out a bit of a sortie in Blighty.

I have the same problem. My outbound flight is cancelled but my return one isn't. They are only offering me a refund or voucher on the outbound. How the hell am I supposed to fly back when they couldn't fly me out in the first place!!!

I had a call with them recently, they probably said 'voucher' 30 times in 5 minutes!

Just had an email to say our 1st July flights to Croatia have not been cancelled, but we still have the option of applying for a voucher valid for 12 months if WE decide we don’t want to travel.

They are being a bit cute as you can’t actually book the flights and there is a 98% chance that they will cancel.

Ignored the email and will claim a refund if they cancel. If they don’t I’ll still claim a voucher at a later date.

They promised us a full refund two months ago............still waiting

I finally received a refund today after they cancelled my flights on 11th March and I requested the refund the day after.

Got this from twitter but email esupport@easyjet.com. Got a reply within a day (I emailed Saturday) and they sorted. A few have mentioned this. It’s the exec support.

Worth a go for any of the issues

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I finally received a refund today after they cancelled my flights on 11th March and I requested the refund the day after.

Got this from twitter but email esupport@easyjet.com. Got a reply within a day (I emailed Saturday) and they sorted. A few have mentioned this. It’s the exec support.

Worth a go for any of the issues
    Thank you, email sent

Easyjet: I resorted to claiming back from the credit card (amex) for flights that were cancelled in march and refund had not been received yet...
    Couple of clicks from the mouse and all online - too easy if you ask me

Ryanair: My Venice cruise has been now cancelled so we're going to reschedule to next year, but flights were already paid for - this week they have communicated that the flights are still on but have changed the destination airport - so we can now cancel for a refund instead of get a voucher which is going to be fun

Our flights to Spain in April were cancelled two weeks before we were due to fly; the option to claim a refund online was only offered to me in early May - I tried in vain to ring the helpline but that clearly was a delaying tactic; it cut off every time. I suspect it will take a while to get a refund and will chase them up in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    Easyjet: I resorted to claiming back from the credit card (amex) for flights that were cancelled in march and refund had not been received yet...
    Couple of clicks from the mouse and all online - too easy if you ask me

Ryanair: My Venice cruise has been now cancelled so we're going to reschedule to next year, but flights were already paid for - this week they have communicated that the flights are still on but have changed the destination airport - so we can now cancel for a refund instead of get a voucher which is going to be fun
    The queue for Ryanair refunds is that way -->

Had a group booking with Ryanair for flights in April to Ireland which were understandably cancelled. They invited me to apply for a refund via a request page, which I duly completed but they've since tried the voucher trick - stating it is valid for 12 months. If after 12 months the voucher has not been redeemed they'll refund the full ticket price.

Won't be accepting that.

Contacted Ryanair customer service via echat and, after waiting 40-50 mins, they politely state all of their refund staff are office based and not currently working due to Covid. Then bomb the chat session to a survey before I can engage complaint mode.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We were due to fly to Berlin for a week end in August, I booked for my wife return trip and my sisters booked their families flights, my return flight has just been cancelled but not my sister (who are on the same flight?) and the out bound flight isn’t cancelled? I booked a few hours before my sisters and got the cheaper return leg. Have they bumped me for someone who paid more?

Master
    If any company has held on to the money for 6months, 12 months or whatever will they pay interest on the amount they’ve held hostage, I very much doubt it myself.

Master
    I heard Michael O'Leary speak at a conference a few years ago. His utter contempt for his customers seemed completely genuine.

Just had an e mail from Easyjet saying the refund of the full amount has been made today. Let's see in the morning, but sooner than I expected.

I had some flights-only booked with TUI that have been cancelled and in amongst the blurb they emailed me was the offer that if their packaged holiday (flights and accommodation) customers chose to take a voucher/credit they would have a further 20% credit added on. I thought that was quite decent of them.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I heard Michael O'Leary speak at a conference a few years ago. His utter contempt for his customers seemed completely genuine.
    If he could get away with charging passengers a fiver to spend a penny, he most certainly would.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Bit late to the thread but there is legislation that states that if an airline cancels one leg of your booked short haul flights they are obliged to refund all legs eg if they cancel your Bristol to Alicante flight they are obliged to refund your return Alicante to Bristol flight as well.

The Regulation is EC 261/2004

Quick précis on the CAA website here.

Easyjet; so bad its good

EasyJet cancelled my family flight 1-8 July flights to Dubrovnik on June 16.

Just received an email today saying my Amex has been refunded in full. So refund took less than one month for me.

Can’t fault that given the strange times we are in.

EasyJet - good guys in my book.

Just had a full refund for our cancelled trip to Santorini, so, I have to say "thanks Easyjet for doing the right thing".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk