closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden hose fitting question

Craftsman

Garden hose fitting question

Hello all,

Looking for a wee bit of advice on a subject that, for some reason, causes a total brain fart for me.

Can anyone tell me what this hose fitting is called so I can find another one. It’s for my new garden hose which for some reason only came with 1 of these and a strange nozzle attachment at the other end which doesn’t fit my power washer.

Thanks in advance

Master
    Tap connector?

Hi,
    thats a bit of an odd one IME.
    Can you put up a photo of what your power washer does have coming out of it? Also, what do you have on the supply end wrt connecting the hose to?

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 16th June 2020 at 14:41.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

Garden hose fitting question

Sorry I probably should put that into perspective, it screws to this

To make this:

Resulting in this:

Which is fine but need one for the other end too
    Last edited by Fraz01; 16th June 2020 at 14:51.

That's a typical connector to screw onto an outdoor tap.

It's not clear from your photo, but is that connected to an expanding hosepipe?

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 16th June 2020 at 14:52.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz01 View Post
    Sorry I probably should put that into perspective, it screws to this

To make this:

Resulting in this:

Which is fine but need one for the other end too
    You should consider putting some lagging on the pipe.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Those types of expanding hoses are usually not recommended for connecting to power washers, in fact I've been told that's why they come with a non-standard connector on the appliance end. Is the connector you've pictured the same on both ends of the hose? It would also be helpful to photograph the water inlet connector on your pressure washer.

R

It looks like a 3/4 female bsp to 1/2 male bsp connector.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Those types of expanding hoses are usually not recommended for connecting to power washers, in fact I've been told that's why they come with a non-standard connector on the appliance end. Is the connector you've pictured the same on both ends of the hose? It would also be helpful to photograph the water inlet connector on your pressure washer.

R

Hi Ralphy,

Here’s the power washer end. I’ve emailed the seller and they’ve said they will send another fitting so it may all work out in the end.

I’ve expandable hoses on power washers in the past with no problems but I’ll keep that in mind - thanks.

Any possibilities...link?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    It looks like a 3/4 female bsp to 1/2 male bsp connector.
    www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153526526927...any good?
    Last edited by PickleB; 18th June 2020 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz01 View Post

Hi Ralphy,

Here’s the power washer end. I’ve emailed the seller and they’ve said they will send another fitting so it may all work out in the end.

I’ve expandable hoses on power washers in the past with no problems but I’ll keep that in mind - thanks.
    OK, good luck.

R

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    When I used an expanding hose on my pressure washer the hose connector to the pressure washer just got blown off every time the trigger is released (not pulled). The solution seemed to be to close the tap on the connector a little and it didn't pop off. (in the picture the hose is connected to the hose nozzle)