closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it a yea or a nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypjon View Post
    I must admit to liking it but would like to see how it glows. Unless of course I'm being a complete gluesniffer and missing something?

I love the inspired look but would prefer a slightly bigger case than 36mm. At a minimum 38mm is a last resort for me.

Cheers,

J
    With you on the size, 38mm still I reckon falls into the vintage vibes zone but would be more wearable for a wider audience.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    With you on the size, 38mm still I reckon falls into the vintage vibes zone but would be more wearable for a wider audience.
    Yes, absolutely 100%. I reckon the ugly lug debacle has been put to bed and that was my only other issue. Another surefire winner from Eddie. I'll have one!

This is a good-looking watch:

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    This really isn't; enough's been said about the lugs, not enough about the out-proportion bezel - it's too wide. The whole thing looks like a 1950s dial crammed into a 1930s-ish case. Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Apprentice
    Dial, hands and size are beautiful, lugs are horrible. And please, after several 36mm watches with 18mm lug width, give us another 36mm watch with 20mm lug width.

Quote Originally Posted by TomasC View Post
    Dial, hands and size are beautiful, lugs are horrible. And please, after several 36mm watches with 18mm lug width, give us another 36mm watch with 20mm lug width.
    I don't know about all the other things but I am all up for that. I am every day admiring my 26mm Smiths Expedition and thinking that, those 20mm lugs are really what is stopping the watch from looking like a small watch.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Tool watch dial and hands, Dress watch case. Not for me.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Back to the drawing board. It wasn't inspired by the Railmaster, it was inspired by the Ranchero which was only made for 2 years in the 50s.

Eddie
    A watch with railmaster / ranchero inspired dial and hands is a great idea. Like many others I'm not a fan off the lugs, but have never seen that type of lugs on a real watch, so might be difficult to judge from the drawings. Maybe this time a 38 mm. version, and some white hands rather than mirror shine hands.