closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fishing / angling 16th June - who’s going?

Craftsman

Fishing / angling 16th June - who’s going?

Anyone off out next Tuesday for the start of the river season?

I’ve got the 16th & 17th off to head to the Avon in Warwickshire (BAA waters). Targeting barbel and chub and planning on a very early start.

Even treated myself to a new Thermos and waterproofs today.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Anyone off out next Tuesday for the start of the river season?

I’ve got the 16th & 17th off to head to the Avon in Warwickshire (BAA waters). Targeting barbel and chub and planning on a very early start.

Even treated myself to a new Thermos and waterproofs today.
    I fished up until I was about 35 and then for some reason just stopped- really miss just sitting there watching the world go by in piece and quite.
    I used to Fish the Avon in Wiltshire and have many a fine Chubb out of there especially in the faster moving parts or after heavy rain.
    What bait you using....Cheese?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I fished up until I was about 35 and then for some reason just stopped- really miss just sitting there watching the world go by in piece and quite.
    I used to Fish the Avon in Wiltshire and have many a fine Chubb out of there especially in the faster moving parts or after heavy rain.
    What bait you using....Cheese?
    I’ve returned 3yrs ago after a 15-year lay off. Absolutely love it now and been going loads since lockdown ends.

I do a fair bit of pole fishing but just love the river as it’s properly being at one with nature. Love it.

Bait will be castors, red maggot, 8mm pellet and DIY cheese paste which I’ve never used before. So yes is the answer :)

Lots has changed on the years and there is so much more kit available for all fishing styles. It also seams to be more affordable now but then again I didn’t have much £££ back in the day.

The boy has been pestering me for weeks about when we're going again so I'm hoping to take him next weekend.

We only do poles and maggots, nothing fancy, and will be looking for roach, rudd and possibly some bream in the River Lea. It will be a welcome break from the current routine.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post

Lots has changed on the years and there is so much more kit available for all fishing styles. It also seams to be more affordable now but then again I didn’t have much £££ back in the day.
    Wow! I had no idea:

£3,200 reduced from £5,500

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/Pole...ir-Z-Poles.htm

I think we bought our poles from Decathlon for about £12 each.

Craftsman
    Any website throws up expensive products if you sort by Price Desc.

Pulled my gear out of the garage a few weeks ago for the lad to see .. haven’t been for a decade .. and I have a river the back of my garden lol
    Need to get out soon :)

June 16th has always been a key day in the year for me, as a kid/teenager my friend, Dad and myself always went on our local river, the Bristol Avon.

I looked forward to that day so much back then in the 80's, me and a mate would sneak a beer in our bags and put it in the keep net to keep cool, it was a celebratory way to start the season, also back then all the lakes were shut for the close season so you really didn't do any fishing if coarse was your thing.

I haven't been for years, but I have all my gear and now my Dads as he has unfortunately passed so I might get the tackle out again and get it ready for the new season.

Tight lines