closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show us your TK-maxx specials

Show us your TK-maxx specials

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    There are a few Hamiltons listed today, they soon sell out so be quick if you're interested.
    That’s a good discount on the Khaki Chronograph. The base movement is an eta7753 modified to a 60hr power reserve.

Craftsman
    I always pop into TKMaxx when in town.
    So far I’ve picked up a couple of Gshocks for myself and my brother but found a nice Mondaine Swiss Railway watch for the wife last week for £73 as it had a damaged box.

I notice they have what I think is a Citizen f900 - which is a lot of watch for just under £600...

My Hamilton arrived yesterday, I'm rather pleased with it. The dial is rather paler than the photo indicates.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    My Hamilton arrived yesterday, I'm rather pleased with it. The dial is rather paler than the photo indicates.

Very nice. That’s a great buy for a 7750 (53) based chronograph. I always enjoyed the ‘7750 wobble’ on the wrist. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Very nice. That’s a great buy for a 7750 (53) based chronograph. I always enjoyed the ‘7750 wobble’ on the wrist. Enjoy.
    Indeed. It is a bit of a shame the black faced ones weren't offered, but I can imagine they weren't over produced, or whatever it takes to qualify for TK MAXX stocking. It's a nice thing with a display back and a bit of decoration on the movement.

Indeed. It is a bit of a shame the black faced ones weren't offered, but I can imagine they weren't over produced, or whatever it takes to qualify for TK MAXX stocking. It's a nice thing with a display back and a bit of decoration on the movement.

Didn’t realise these had a display back. I must resist 😀.

Didn’t realise these had a display back. I must resist .
    I particularly like it as the case is similar to my RAF chrono

A few Alpinas are online today at over 50% off RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    A few Alpinas are online today at over 50% off RRP.

That black and red looks tasty for £499.

Didn’t realise these had a display back. I must resist .
    Now £100 cheaper at £599, bargain, I just put mine on a Geckota matte mesh and it is even better.

My £600 Hamilton bargain arrived today! And I love it. It is much better looking in the flesh than on TK's website. Also the sizes on the website are totally wrong.

It is quite a chunky watch, about 15mm thick I think, but I find it is very comfortable on the wrist. The NATO, which I was ready to hate is, in fact, rather well made however I will get a couple of leather "aviation" straps for it in due course.

A

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    My £600 Hamilton bargain arrived today! And I love it. It is much better looking in the flesh than on TK's website. Also the sizes on the website are totally wrong.

It is quite a chunky watch, about 15mm thick I think, but I find it is very comfortable on the wrist. The NATO, which I was ready to hate is, in fact, rather well made however I will get a couple of leather "aviation" straps for it in due course.

A
    Mine on a mesh is much more comfy

Mine on a mesh is much more comfy

Actually that looks rather good, I'll give that a go I think. These really are an excellent bargain.

A

Actually that looks rather good, I'll give that a go I think. These really are an excellent bargain.

A
    Looks good, and a good entry price into that movement.

Is there a display case back on these?

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Looks good, and a good entry price into that movement.

Is there a display case back on these?
    yes there is, I'll post a photo tomorrow, reasonably good looking 7750 derivative.

A

yes there is, I'll post a photo tomorrow, reasonably good looking 7750 derivative.

A

Here's a rather crappy (sorry) photo of the display back of the Hamilton.

A

Here's a rather crappy (sorry) photo of the display back of the Hamilton.

A
    Thanks for sharing

their pictures are absolute dog-8888 but this seems a good deal?

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...RiJbP1LryhSYOw

That guy doesn’t pause for breath does he! Lovely watch at a very good price.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

that's some size according to the description.
    Stainless steel

Case width: 40cm

Case depth: 8cm

Clasp fastening

Water resistant

Chronograph

Boxed

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    their pictures are absolute dog-8888 but this seems a good deal?

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...RiJbP1LryhSYOw

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

AS a word of warning and it has been mentioned elsewhere, I returned this one to TK Maxx , as the chronograph wasn't resetting properly and was refunded in full, no quibbles there, however, my ex-watch is now on sale, appeared the very next day, in the store I returned it to, with the hands still incorrectly set, and a second one has now shown up , so, they are happy to be selling on faulty goods and, maybe, caution is required ??

Indeed, I was lucky a few months ago and picked up a titanium one from them for £134.00, very pleased and in some small way compensates for the faulty Hamilton I had to return recently.

Not TK maxx - but I notice with the watchshop - if you buy two watches in the 25% off sale, it takes another 20% off the cheapest...

I never knew that you could find this sort of thing there, I might actually pay more attention when I'm in there next time!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    I never knew that you could find this sort of thing there, I might actually pay more attention when I'm in there next time!
    The best deals seem to be on the website only. I’ve never seen anything decent in-store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    that's some size according to the description.
    Stainless steel

Case width: 40cm

Case depth: 8cm

Clasp fastening

Water resistant

Chronograph

Boxed

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    jeez, that's even too big for me!!!

Not TK Maxx but £240 for a GPS citizen?

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...racelet+watch/

SAVE40

Not TK Maxx but £240 for a GPS citizen?

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...racelet+watch/

SAVE40
    Shame about the lack of lume on the hands otherwise i would bite.

Some nice ecodrive promasters on there as well as bulova oceanographer automatic

Hamilton GMT Auto for £384. Seems a decent price for a swiss GMT on a bracelet (and a nato probably in the box)?

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...tch/p/76221394

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-gb/...ki-pilot.html?

Edit: GMT now sold out, hopefully someone got one!

Last edited by M1011; 30th December 2020 at 17:25.

£154 - get on it:

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...tch/p/76339438

(ignore that it says it's 38mm - it cannot be - they do not make the Inox V with a date).

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...tch/p/76270158

Found this deal on HUKD.

RRP - £1,080
    Price - £400

Master
    Spec'd as 39mm, but is actually 44mm.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    That Hamilton would give me a headache with the 0-60 numbers running in opposite directions - don't recall seeing that before but maybe it just stands out on this model.

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
    https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...tch/p/76270158

Found this deal on HUKD.

RRP - £1,080
    Price - £400
    Posted this 2 posts above yours when it was on clearance at £384, nobody seemed to buy one

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    That Hamilton would give me a headache with the 0-60 numbers running in opposite directions - don't recall seeing that before but maybe it just stands out on this model.
    For me, it's the way that dive watch bezels ought to be to make sense... if you are diving with 40 minutes dive time then you align the 40 on he bezel to the minute hand, and over the next 40 minutes the minute hand counts down to zero on the bezel. With a unidirectional bezel, it is gets knocked and moved it can only reduce, not extend the available dive time.

All of my watches with minutes on the bezel go the other way to the Hamilton, and someone may point out why that is, but for me the Hamilton bezel makes sense

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    .... All of my watches with minutes on the bezel go the other way to the Hamilton, and someone may point out why that is, but for me the Hamilton bezel makes sense
    I can get why count down bezels are preferable to count up but the former look less confusing to my eyes, especially on that Hamilton which has minute numbers on the dial.

Count up bezels are common to dive watches and count down for pilots/military watches. The count up being preferred as oxygen use varies based on exertion/depth and in a potentially oxygen deprived state it is safer not to have to remember what number you started on and only the elapsed time; it also makes more sense for timing ascents for that reason. Count up bezels are usually unidirectional for safety whereas count down (edited) are not. None of these reasons apply in my kitchen which is where my bezels get most use!
    Last edited by deepreddave; 15th January 2021 at 14:16.

I can get why count down bezels are preferable to count up but the former look less confusing to my eyes, especially on that Hamilton which has minute numbers on the dial.

Count up bezels are common to dive watches and count down for pilots/military watches. The count up being preferred as oxygen use varies based on exertion/depth and in a potentially oxygen deprived state it is safer not to have to remember what number you started on and only the elapsed time; it also makes more sense for timing ascents for that reason. Count up bezels are usually unidirectional for safety whereas count up are not. None of these reasons apply in my kitchen which is where my bezels get most use!
    I've read that several times and cant make sense of it

Master
    I've read that several times and cant make sense of it
    Apologies if I wasn't clear. In short, I think unidirectional countup bezels are preferred for diving in case the diver becomes confused due to oxygen deprivation. With a countup bezel the elapsed time is always clear (or reduced if knocked to err on the safe side) whereas a countdown timer allows for uncertainty if the start time was forgotten.

Apologies if I wasn't clear. In short, I think unidirectional countup bezels are preferred for diving in case the diver becomes confused due to oxygen deprivation. With a countup bezel the elapsed time is always clear (or reduced if knocked to err on the safe side) whereas a countdown timer allows for uncertainty if the start time was forgotten.
    See, this is where I get confused (and why it's safest that I only desk-dive).

With a countdown bezel like the Hamilton, you can set the bezel so that the minute hand is pointing to, say, 40 minutes when you are sat happily on your boat and know that you have 40 minutes worth in the tank. As time progresses, the minute hand counts down to zero. If it gets knocked, the time reduces.

It's possible that we have opposing views of what count down and count up bezels are, or my way of using a bezel is different.

Whatever, I always leave mine with the bezel zero at the 12 o'clock position and get annoyed if it's anywhere else, and all of my dive watches have bezel numbers which line up with the numbers on the dial. Which doesn't make sense to me but hey ho

Edit...

I think I'm getting it now, but a countup bezel relies upon the diver remembering how long he had in his tank when he started. Is this usually a constant? Is it always 30 minutes or whatever?
    Last edited by Gyp; 15th January 2021 at 14:37.

Master
    The countdown bezel on the Hammy is bi- directional BTW.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I think I'm getting it now, but a countup bezel relies upon the diver remembering how long he had in his tank when he started. Is this usually a constant? Is it always 30 minutes or whatever?
    As a fellow desk diver it may be better if someone more knowledgeable then me contributed. I understand tanks contain a set amount which might provide an expectation of say 45mins but dive times can vary based on depth/exertion. A count up bezel clearly indicates the time spent in the water from the start of the dive, rather than selecting a set dive time at the outset and having to remember what this was if you end up spending less/more time underwater. The unidirectional bezel can then only allow the underwater time to be lengthened if knocked as this errs on the safe side. which is again safer.

Craftsman
    Put this on today and I'd forgotten how much I love it. Two arrived in stock at the TK Maxx near my office and I waited until they were reduced and my Dad and I bought one each. We paid around £700 if I remember right and they apparently had an RRP of over £3,000.

Please tell me that wasnt £700 for the two, that's lovely!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Please tell me that wasnt £700 for the two, that's lovely!
    Unfortunately not, just checked the box and it was TK MAXX red stickered down to £725 each from an RRP of £3,580.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Put this on today and I'd forgotten how much I love it. Two arrived in stock at the TK Maxx near my office and I waited until they were reduced and my Dad and I bought one each. We paid around £700 if I remember right and they apparently had an RRP of over £3,000.
    Don't know if it's just an issue on my end, but I just see an 'X' instead of the image

What was it you picked up?

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Don't know if it's just an issue on my end, but I just see an 'X' instead of the image

What was it you picked up?
    It was there for me but has just come up with a cross too.

If memory serves it was an Eterna-matic 1948 moon phase triple date like this one https://www.keepthetime.com/product/...-date-8515-41/

Craftsman
    Another pic with a different hosting site:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Another pic with a different hosting site:

Damn, that is Nice, especially for the price! None of those made it onto the website, or I would have broken my "dry January" vow...