closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show us your TK-maxx specials

Master
    I right fancy one of these Certina DS multis...

Very cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post

Very cheap...
    It's because they're so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    At this point we will need a "Spotted in TKMaxx" thread to give others the heads up of great offers.
    A good idea!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

There is currently a Tissot navigator on their website for £700 the normal retail is over a grand.

They had a Hamilton there a couple of days ago. Currently a few Mido watches and a few Rado.

Bit O/T, but re. the recent Eterna love-in - Drop have a very nice offer on the Eterna Adventic GMT / small seconds silver or grey dials - manufactory movement allegedly - $779 from $4000 rrp.

Amazing deals kinda scare me a bit. I recall going into Costco and seeing a pallet of yeti mugs. Those who aren’t familiar with yeti they make super expensive coolers and mugs etc and are placing themselves at the top end of the market. This is not a product that would want to be seen at Costco.

I grabbed one then quickly put it back... thinking it’s too good to be true. Sure enough a few weeks later yeti filed against Costco for selling counterfeit goods.

So I’m never sure what to do to be honest. I try to buy from places where I might be able to have a better understanding of the supply chain... and that doesn’t include tkmax. However for swimmers and shirts they can’t be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Amazing deals kinda scare me a bit. I recall going into Costco and seeing a pallet of yeti mugs. Those who aren’t familiar with yeti they make super expensive coolers and mugs etc and are placing themselves at the top end of the market. This is not a product that would want to be seen at Costco.

I grabbed one then quickly put it back... thinking it’s too good to be true. Sure enough a few weeks later yeti filed against Costco for selling counterfeit goods.

So I’m never sure what to do to be honest. I try to buy from places where I might be able to have a better understanding of the supply chain... and that doesn’t include tkmax. However for swimmers and shirts they can’t be beat!
    Some of the watches on sale when doing a google search of them to get a bit more information very little comes up. I can only assume some of them were short runs that were quickly discontinued and these brands are just shifting stock.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Some of the watches on sale when doing a google search of them to get a bit more information very little comes up. I can only assume some of them were short runs that were quickly discontinued and these brands are just shifting stock.
    The decent stuff is mostly ex-dealer unsold stock - I suspect they're mainly leftovers when product ranges change or are deleted, often seem to have signs of being showroom models, and usually from obscure or overlooked brands, not the sort of stuff that forgers would bother with in the first place. The "not-for-sale" Eterna earlier in the thread does look like a prototype, so I guess some manufacturers are directly offloading warehouse dregs too.

If a bunch of Big-name stuff suddenly showed-up, then you'd be right to be suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Looking at your profile - you are overseas - here in the UK, if we buy online, we can just send stuff back for no reason at all - so risk at all.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    The decent stuff is mostly ex-dealer unsold stock - I suspect they're mainly leftovers when product ranges change or are deleted, often seem to have signs of being showroom models, and usually from obscure or overlooked brands, not the sort of stuff that forgers would bother with in the first place. The "not-for-sale" Eterna earlier in the thread does look like a prototype, so I guess some manufacturers are directly offloading warehouse dregs too.

If a bunch of Big-name stuff suddenly showed-up, then you'd be right to be suspicious.
    I am guessing that because they are a subsidiary of a large US company that there might be some parallel importing from the US and the well established grey network?

Apprentice
    They've had the odd TAG as well recently

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I am guessing that because they are a subsidiary of a large US company that there might be some parallel importing from the US and the well established grey network?
    That would make a lot of sense, though I've not seen any evidence as such. They do have a big presence in Germany as well, and (like-it-or-not) the Germans are a more cultured lot than us and appreciate things like decent wristwatches, so wonder if some of it might derive from that much larger potential pool?

That would make a lot of sense, though I've not seen any evidence as such. They do have a big presence in Germany as well, and (like-it-or-not) the Germans are a more cultured lot than us and appreciate things like decent wristwatches, so wonder if some of it might derive from that much larger potential pool?

Could well be.

Master
    Bit O/T, but re. the recent Eterna love-in - Drop have a very nice offer on the Eterna Adventic GMT / small seconds silver or grey dials - manufactory movement allegedly - $779 from $4000 rrp.

Wow, they are a terrific buy!! Only thing that stops me buying is that as it is an in-house movement i suppose it would have to go back to Eterna for future work...

Master

ordered one, read the reviews, and cancelled the order!!! Phew, glad they have the facility to cancel within the first 2 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Wow, they are a terrific buy!! Only thing that stops me buying is that as it is an in-house movement i suppose it would have to go back to Eterna for future work...
    Depends on whether they make spares available to independents. No idea m'self I'm afraid.

ordered one, read the reviews, and cancelled the order!!! Phew, glad they have the facility to cancel within the first 2 hours...
    What did the reviews say? I can find very little about these...

Edit: ah - I think you mean on drop - yikes! Avoid.
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 15th June 2020 at 11:56.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post

I take reviews on retail sites with a pinch of salt - the very good and the very bad. The very good ones are usually premature, and the very bad ones are all too often down to halfwits not understanding what they've bought/failure to RTFM.

That said, Drop are distinctly unresponsive to communications, so I'd not be too confident of chasing-up warranty issues.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post

Very cheap...

Only £200 now..

£448... someone buy it before I do...

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...tch/p/76573674

Show us your TK-maxx specials

That’’s a great price and there are 4 of them available.

Edit: And sold out.

I just received this yesterday from TKMaxx. Quite pleased with it for £160.

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 16th July 2020 at 17:52.

It is not really my thing, but a Swiss 200m Automatic chrono with the 7753 movement, date and an internal bezel for under £700 from a recognized brand. Bargain, on a major scale.
    Dave

Apprentice

Anyone here received their Armand nicolet yet? I'd so, what's it like?

Master
    Just noticed on the TKM website a Mido Baroncelli (I think) 7750 auto chrono for £480, and some Wenger Swiss made quartzes with sapphire from under £40, if anyone needs a cheap sapphire glass beater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That doesn't appear when I go through the Tk Maxx menu and the link says "early access"....are you in a secret TK Maxx VIP club??! Very jealous.
    Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    That doesn't appear when I go through the Tk Maxx menu and the link says "early access"....are you in a secret TK Maxx VIP club??! Very jealous.

The best deal on that page is the 100ml bottle of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather...wonderful fragrance. It’s got me more compliments than any of my watches ever did combined!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post

Sign me up please - this looks like a good source. Also a nice looking watch, however I’m strictly at my upper limit for now (1 short of separation I think)

I have the orange-on-black version, and it really is a lovely watch in the metal - 80 hour power reserve, display back, really neatly inset indices. It wears big being an all-dial design, but is slim and very comfy. A real go-anywhere design. Stonking bargain at under £300

Thumbs up

Hi Alan, I saw that Air Race last night on their website so I went to hunt one down this morn, The TK nearest me only had absolute carp, Immitation chrono's that the buttons don't press and blingy stuff so repulsive that I almost puked

I looked on another TK website and all the same watches as the first were listed, It looks like all of them in the country use the same list of watches and probably none of them have these nice ones

EDIT-Doh!! The ones on the website seem to be delivery only, That's why I couldn't find them in the shops!!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 6th August 2020 at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Alan, I saw that Air Race last night on their website so I went to hunt one down this morn, The TK nearest me only had absolute carp, Immitation chrono's that the buttons don't press and blingy stuff so repulsive that I almost puked

I looked on another TK website and all the same watches as the first were listed, It looks like all of them in the country use the same list of watches and probably none of them have these nice ones

John
    They won't have them in stores, online only. And the Hamilton in question is currently only available as an early bird offer if you sign up free as a member.

This is the only watch I've bought from TK-Maxx so far. Good bargain although I ended up flipping it as it was just a bit to chunky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    They won't have them in stores, online only. And the Hamilton in question is currently only available as an early bird offer if you sign up free as a member.

It seems to work ok if you checkout as a guest, so no need to sign up as a member. Good deal at £299.

Craftsman
    I was just about to list my silver/blue air race , I paid over £500 for mine , hell of a bargain for £300!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    It seems to work ok if you checkout as a guest, so no need to sign up as a member. Good deal at £299.
    Even better, good shout.

The TK Max closest to me regularly has Hamilton, Certina, Armand Nicolet etc in store...so some do get the stock

Quote Originally Posted by MeachamLake View Post
    The TK Max closest to me regularly has Hamilton, Certina, Armand Nicolet etc in store...so some do get the stock
    Yes, we went into the Windsor store last year and there was a good selection of decent stuff there. In my nearest one though I've never seen anything like those, although they have had some good Casio and Timex models from time to time.

Get the odd Tag quartz appear online every so often .

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Master
    Just picked up this Wenger Avenue.

- 42mm case, SS
    - screw down SS caseback
    - quartz
    - 100m WR
    - sapphire crystal
    - date at 3
    - signed crown
    - red second hand
    - came on a white plastic/ rubber strap that I swapped for this leather.
    - looks like it normally retails at £80 or so.

£40. Couldn't argue with that. None left now, sadly.

Journeyman
    Wow I didn’t realize to maxx actually sold credible watches. Is that only online or in the physical shops as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rutger View Post
    Wow I didn’t realize to maxx actually sold credible watches. Is that only online or in the physical shops as well?

Online is best - I did pick up an Oris instore once but it's pretty random...

Journeyman

That’s too bad

Quote Originally Posted by rutger View Post
    That’s too bad

Apparently you could sign in as a guest and see it also. I dont know if it's still available, but a Hamilton chrono is listed online by them at the moment.

An Alpina chrono and a bunch of Festina's have come up today.

And another Alpina chrono and an Alpina auto diver on tropic.

Kept the Eterna & flipped the Frederique Constant to Watchfinder for a few hundred profit (although they subsequently put it on there site for considerably more).

There are a few Hamiltons listed today, they soon sell out so be quick if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
    There are a few Hamiltons listed today, they soon sell out so be quick if you're interested.
    Blimey, when did Hamiltons get so expensive? I remember buying a Khaki manual wind for £180 from a high street jewellers not that long ago...