closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your TK-maxx specials

Show us your TK-maxx specials

Unlike the US, here in the UK we don't see to have much choice with grey dealers - the nearest on the High Street is TK Maxx with its largely random collection of tat and some decent Swiss made watches.

I picked up this Oris for less than £300 (and currently am considering a very nice Mido Chronometer..) - Anyone else picked up something decent from TK Maxx?

https://imgur.com/a/xMRpsKK
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 8th June 2020 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Unlike the US, here in the UK we don't see to have much choice with grey dealers - the nearest on the High Street is TK Maxx with its largely random collection of tat and some decent Swiss made watches.

I picked up this Oris for less than £300 (and currently am considering a very nice Mido Chronometer..) - Anyone else picked up something decent from TK Maxx?

A few bits here and there! A load of Thomas Pink shirts but my best find was in the City of London TK Maxx I found a Matchless Han Solo leather jacket...considerably cheaper than the £1300 rrp!!

Craftsman
    I've never seen any nice watches in TK Maxx tbh. Timing is everything I expect.

Got lucky recently and picked-up the exact Armand Nicolet J09-3 I've had my eye on since they came out, at a very keen price:

Bit surprised when I got it, because the drying-up of ETA movements recently forced A-N to bring-out a new version - for some halfwitted reason they didn't market it as "J09-4", even though the movement is now Sellita, the dial is a completely different texture and shade, it no longer displays the day as well as date, and the bracelet and clasp are revised. I expected to get the older version as unsold stock that had been hanging-around (which would have been fine), but I got the very latest version (which is better all-round IMO), so double-chuffed TBH, as the price was frankly incredible for the quality of watch on offer.

Older version, FWIW:

Still some silver and black-dialled versions, plus S09 divers' watches on there.

Craftsman

These were about £500 a few months ago but gone whenever I looked. I got mine for less than that on eBay, but mine is a bit of an oddity - marked ‘not for sales’ on the caseback and the hands are much darker than the gilt on the regular version. I still really like it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Wow you guys are really lucky to find those watches in TKMaxx, my local one has nothing but fashon watches.

Master
    Here's my TK Maxx purchase. I wouldn't usually buy a fashion watch but I really like this and it's even got the venerable ETA 2824.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Lol I was going to post some bargain ck boxers that I found 😂

I got one of these from TK Maxx for a lot less than Eterna wanted for them.
    I pointed it out here (along with other Eternas previously, some Hamiltons and so forth) before I bought, then decided I wanted one.

It is unlike anything else in my collection for shape and style, so well worth it.
    Love the gilt numerals and hands, the brushed case front, crispy transition to polished sides, and the mint green lume. A really nice watch that sits very low on the wrist due to downturned lugs, and had a nice dome to the crystal.
    I wear it a surprisingly large amount
    Dave

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I pointed it out here (along with other Eternas previously, some Hamiltons and so forth) before I bought, then decided I wanted one.

It is unlike anything else in my collection for shape and style, so well worth it.
    Love the gilt numerals and hands, the brushed case front, crispy transition to polished sides, and the mint green lume. A really nice watch that sits very low on the wrist due to downturned lugs, and had a nice dome to the crystal.
    Dave
    Thanks for posting the pictures. Note the difference in the hand colour compared to mine above - the DLC is meant to use those gilt hands as well, so mine is definitely an oddity.

I love how light it feels on the wrist as well

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    Thanks for posting the pictures. Note the difference in the hand colour compared to mine above - the DLC is meant to use those gilt hands as well, so mine is definitely an oddity.

I think I looked at these when they came out.

Aren't they quite large cases, from memory?

Craftsman
    They size up really nicely, 40mm versus 38mm on the original

Craftsman
    They size up really nicely, 40mm versus 38mm on the original

Oh cool, thanks. For some reason id got it into my head they were 42mm or bigger.

40mm sounds very reasonable.

yup, 40mm, 48mm lug to lug.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Wow you guys are really lucky to find those watches in TKMaxx, my local one has nothing but fashon watches.
    I dont think you do find them in the stores but online. There were some nice Hamilton's the other week for about £300 down from £900 rrp. I dithered too long, they were quickly gone. Often see nice Certina, Rado, Tissot etc on there.
    They use my Hermes as courier if that's a concern.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Found these over the past year or so, all quartz sadly, so bought as "holiday " or "knockabout " watches. The Alpina and Inox came on different straps. All bought "in store".

Last edited by notnowkato; 9th June 2020 at 13:10.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Found these over the past year or so
    Like the Alpina. Do you know the model?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    One of these I think.

AL-372BGR4S6

You can't beat them when discounted.

^Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    They call it a Startimer Big Date. I liked it so much I bought an automatic version as well but not fro.m TK M.

Thanks Kato.

Very nice indeed.

Craftsman
    They call it a Startimer Big Date. I liked it so much I bought an automatic version as well but not fro.m TK M.
    They look great, but they're massive. I find that with a lot of Alpinas.

Does it wear as big as the specs suggest? What's the lug to lug?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Here's my TK Maxx purchase. I wouldn't usually buy a fashion watch but I really like this and it's even got the venerable ETA 2824.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I think it depends on market area, but I believe that for US and Europe, Timex manufacture Versace-branded watches. As the owner of a couple of Timex and a couple of Nautica-branded watches, I'll attest that's usually a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    They look great, but they're massive. I find that with a lot of Alpinas.

Does it wear as big as the specs suggest? What's the lug to lug?
    Not as big as you would think, I wasn't sure I would keep it but once on the mesh it was just fine. I will measure it if you like ??

Craftsman
    Not as big as you would think, I wasn't sure I would keep it but once on the mesh it was just fine. I will measure it if you like ??
    Thanks, but it's alright. I can probably Google up the full dimensions somewhere.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Thanks, but it's alright. I can probably Google up the full dimensions somewhere.

Cheers!

Too late , I just checked 53mm , so not excessive , even for my slender wrists !!

Master
    Blog Entries

Dave
    I bought the same stainless steel version. I paid £500 as well. I didn't bond with it even at that price. I think it. Hankered after an original despite the huge price difference. Offered it on here for £500. no takers so I returned it to TK maxx for a refund. IIRC I think it was 1mm wider case size than the original. If it had been the same size I think I'd have hung on to it
    Last edited by trident-7; 9th June 2020 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    One of these I think.

AL-372BGR4S6

Never seen anything that good in TKMaxx, will make more effort to pop in and have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    One of these I think.

AL-372BGR4S6

I have never seen anything this good in TK maxx, will definitely make more effort to have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

only tat in Sunderland tk max

Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Same everywhere, maybe 1 visit in 20 reveals anything worth having, not just watches, but it is a bit like being a bad angler, every now and again one gets lucky....

Another one of these. Sold out now I think.

Craftsman
    Too late , I just checked 53mm , so not excessive , even for my slender wrists !!
    Ah nice one. Thanks. I still probably count that as too big for my preference.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Hahahahah That made me laugh and reminisce. I was there in January and can totally agree!

Apprentice
    I got one of those eternas too.... Only came with watch, box and international warranty piece of paper... So ordered another 2 to see if I'd get any extra bits like a credit card warranty or instructions....all I got extra was a swing tag! Not worth the effort involved with taking them back and being viewed with suspicion...

Master
    I stupidly decided against a spur of the moment purchase in TK Max when I spotted an Eterna Super Kontiki for £450. It was this one:- https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...1742a4f9&_ss=r.

Tried it on, liked it.. decided I didn’t need it. Went back the following week but it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    I stupidly decided against a spur of the moment purchase in TK Max when I spotted an Eterna Super Kontiki for £450. It was this one:- https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...1742a4f9&_ss=r.

Tried it on, liked it.. decided I didn’t need it. Went back the following week but it was gone.
    Hmm, that looks good for £450!

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Hmm, that looks good for £450!
    Dam always wanted that one ! Total bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    A few bits here and there! A load of Thomas Pink shirts but my best find was in the City of London TK Maxx I found a Matchless Han Solo leather jacket...considerably cheaper than the £1300 rrp!!
    After a Foo Fighters gig a few years ago, one thing led to another and I ended up sleeping on some wicker furniture in a cold conservatory in Brixton.

I had an 11am appointment at Omega in Old Bond Street and no time to get home and back, so as wandered into town with my sweat-stained Foos t-shirt still clinging to me, I was the first through the doors at Tk Maxx in Charing Cross.

Can of Hugo Boss pit spray - £2, Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt - £12, pair of Calvins - £6, Ted Baker messenger bag to put my dirty clothes in - £6.

Hotfoot it to over to Fortnums, nip into the loos and change. Squirt of Penhaligons on the way out, via the food hall to grab some lunch.

Met with friend outside Omega, we go in and he spends £8k on a gold Aqua Terra and some strap options. Job jobbed, he treats me to lunch. Thanks TK Maxx!

Craftsman

My TKMaxx DLC version with gilt hands, to complete the collection here:

Craftsman

Show us your TK-maxx specials

Quote Originally Posted by BaBa View Post
    My TKMaxx DLC version with gilt hands, to complete the collection here:

That’s really nice. I got mine from eBay so didn’t know it was different until it arrived. Still a very nice watch. I don’t think it’s worth the retail price, but at the TK Max price it’ is a bargain.

Craftsman
    That’s really nice. I got mine from eBay so didn’t know it was different until it arrived. Still a very nice watch. I don’t think it’s worth the retail price, but at the TK Max price it’ is a bargain.
    It would be interesting to know how many of the type that you have were made. I’d expect it to be very few and maybe quite collectible in future? Your watch appears to be a closer representation of the original from what I can see, just by the subtle changes to colours used on the dial and hands.

It would be interesting to know how many of the type that you have were made. I’d expect it to be very few and maybe quite collectible in future? Your watch appears to be a closer representation of the original from what I can see, just by the subtle changes to colours used on the dial and hands.
    They were an LE, mine (the plain steel one above) is number 51 of 1939.
    I guess another 1939 of the black ones were made too
    D

Craftsman
    They were an LE, mine (the plain steel one above) is number 51 of 1939.
    I guess another 1939 of the black ones were made too
    D
    Mine is something of an oddity. The hand colour is different - not gilt but much darker, and Not for Sales is printed on the caseback. I think it is 1 of 25 with 08-25 printed there too (sorry for the shoddy photo).

Craftsman
    At this point we will need a "Spotted in TKMaxx" thread to give others the heads up of great offers.

Craftsman
    Mine is something of an oddity. The hand colour is different - not gilt but much darker, and Not for Sales is printed on the caseback. I think it is 1 of 25 with 08-25 printed there too

Is the black strap original? My DLC came on an eterna dark brown leather strap with black buckle.

Ps. mine is 269 of 1939, and the number is etched into the centre of the caseback along with some other words, where yours has no markings.
    Last edited by BaBa; 12th June 2020 at 11:05.

Mine is something of an oddity. The hand colour is different - not gilt but much darker, and Not for Sales is printed on the caseback. I think it is 1 of 25 with 08-25 printed there too (sorry for the shoddy photo).

I also noticed the lume tip on the second hand.
    Maybe one of 25 prototypes circulated to the press for review????
    D

Master
    My local one had a large range of TW Steel Yamaha Racing and Valentino Rossi "VR46" models last year.
    RRP was about 200 quid but they reduced them to £29.99 (some of them even went to £19.99 if they didn't have the right boxes). I bought one of each - some in frighteningly garish colours! All sat unworn for months. A couple were given away as Christmas pressies and the rest went on eBay for basically money back.
    I'm not to be let loose in TK Maxx now. Last visit I bought some Tad Baker blue suede shoes (really!). Mrs made me return them.

Craftsman
    Is the black strap original? My DLC came on an eterna dark brown leather strap with black buckle.

Ps. mine is 269 of 1939, and the number is etched into the centre of the caseback along with some other words, where yours has no markings.
    Yeah, it’s original with the Eterna buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    My local one had a large range of TW Steel Yamaha Racing and Valentino Rossi "VR46" models last year.
    RRP was about 200 quid but they reduced them to £29.99 (some of them even went to £19.99 if they didn't have the right boxes). I bought one of each - some in frighteningly garish colours! All sat unworn for months. A couple were given away as Christmas pressies and the rest went on eBay for basically money back.
    Like this:-

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...ilot-45-tw-279 ?

My favourite purchase from TKMaxx was the candles the missus once bought, but they are more suited to the Bear Pit than Watch Talk