closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Little Casio Edifice

Little Casio Edifice

I’ve been looking for a small ‘beater’ watch and stumbled upon this little Casio EFV-110D-1AVUEF. 35mm (also available in 40mm), 100m WR, screwdown caseback and crown. Also available as a blue or white dial.

Seems pretty good specs for £49.99 (or £45.99 with code from Watches2U on eBay.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Analo...1531446&sr=8-2

Gets good reviews (except for bracelet and lume) but I’ve ordered a yellow nato to put it on.

One review here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvIBPzVse8

I’ll update with my thoughts once it arrives.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 7th June 2020 at 13:27.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I’ve been looking for a small ‘beater’ watch and stumbled upon this little Casio. 35mm (also available in 40mm), 100m WR, screwdown caseback and crown. Also available as a blue or white dial.

Seems pretty good specs for £49.99 (or £45.99 with code from Watches2U on eBay.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Analo...1531446&sr=8-2

Gets good reviews (except for bracelet and lume) but I’ve ordered a yellow nato to put it on.

One review here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvIBPzVse8

I’ll update with my thoughts once it arrives.
    Sold my 40 mm,the bracelet is horrible but given the price is to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Sold my 40 mm,the bracelet is horrible but given the price is to be expected.
    Yeah, I’m not expecting much from the bracelet. I’ll be trying it on a Nato and leather. Think a dark grey perlon would be quite nice too.

Little Casio Edifice

So finally have this on the wrist. Nice little Father’s day gift!

Have to say, first impressions of are very good. The bracelet is pretty poor but I wasn’t expecting much. I’ve put it on a yellow nato for now. A nice dark grey nato/perlon will also be tried out.

It is a small watch but that was part of the appeal to me. Very comfortable on the wrist. The gloss dial is a nice black/dark grey with slight sunburst. The polished hands and indices contrast well and it’s very readable. Also the second hand hits the markers.

Overall I’m very pleased. At £45.99 for 100m WR in a nice little design, it’s a hard one to beat for the price!

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 21st June 2020 at 21:39.

Craftsman
    I really like this watch. I know a lot of you have slammed the bracelet but it is fine. It is a folded link bracelet and looks a bit cheap but once on wrist it is actually comfortable and doesn't rip all your hairs out. Better than most Seiko 5 bracelets. The watch head looks fab especially for the price. Great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it’s a hard one to beat for the price!
    Congrats. I'd say it's hard to beat at four times the price. Has a kind of Aqua Terra/Rolex OP vibe going on. Bought one of these a couple of months ago and paid £60 for mine. Rubbish lume but otherwise Casio have outdone themselves - they're also robbing themselves. It's baffling how they can produce such a fantastic watch for the money. Even under a loupe the details look good - and the seconds hand hits the markers bang on all the way round the dial. Case is really well done. 100m WR, screw down crown, screw down case back, applied indices, stepped dial (the minute track is slightly recessed - it even has tiny grooves!) and the date is perfectly centred in the window which is nicely placed. I ditched the bracelet and put it on a strap. Looks even better. One of those watches that you buy it as a beater and decide it's too nice so it's back to square one...
    Last edited by Geralt; 22nd June 2020 at 08:24.

I looked at the white dial one of these, deffo a great pick up at sub £50, very much a budget Aqua Terra I’d say! Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing. lovely looking watch and a bargain too. The white dial one is now very much on my list.

What is the lug width on these?
    Last edited by Dean Learner; 22nd June 2020 at 09:38. Reason: Lughead

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Learner View Post
    The white dial one is now very much on my list.
    Well that was quick....found one locally on eBay, guess it was meant to be

Craftsman
    Thanks for sharing. lovely looking watch and a bargain too. The white dial one is now very much on my list.

What is the lug width on these?
    18mm lug width 42mm lug to lug

There is also a 40mm case with 20mm lug width the reference for those is 100d rather than the 110d

Craftsman
    I have ordered a solid link 18mm bracelet and will see if I can coerce it to fit this. If anyone is interested in how it goes I can post an update on here at some point down the line. It was a purchase from China so may be a good few weeks before it pitches up.

So finally have this on the wrist. Nice little Father’s day gift!

Have to say, first impressions of are very good. The bracelet is pretty poor but I wasn’t expecting much. I’ve put it on a yellow nato for now. A nice dark grey nato/perlon will also be tried out.

It is a small watch but that was part of the appeal to me. Very comfortable on the wrist. The gloss dial is a nice black/dark grey with slight sunburst. The polished hands and indices contrast well and it’s very readable. Also the second hand hits the markers.

Overall I’m very pleased. At £45.99 for 100m WR in a nice little design, it’s a hard one to beat for the price!

This is a good looking watch that is set off well with the yellow strap. I'm not a fan of nato straps but this combo does look right.

It has a bit of a Tudor North Flag vibe with those hands and a bit of yellow. I do like the overall look of this one better than the Tudor though. Excellent pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    I have ordered a solid link 18mm bracelet and will see if I can coerce it to fit this. If anyone is interested in how it goes I can post an update on here at some point down the line. It was a purchase from China so may be a good few weeks before it pitches up.

Most definitely interested to hear how that goes. Yours does look good on the original bracelet though, I just can’t get a good fit with it.

There are some pretty tasty Edifice floating about - anyone had a Slim Line yet?

https://products.edifice-watches.com...EFR-S107D-1AV/

Craftsman
    Most definitely interested to hear how that goes. Yours does look good on the original bracelet though, I just can’t get a good fit with it.

You could consider getting a different clasp with more micro adjustments

Arrived today. Very happy. A lot of watch for the money (especially when you find one secondhand). I've brushed the centre links since getting home which has improved the look. I've also got a couple of straps in the post to mix it up a bit.

Thanks again for sharing yours OP

Arrived today. Very happy. A lot of watch for the money (especially when you find one secondhand). I've brushed the centre links since getting home which has improved the look. I've also got a couple of straps in the post to mix it up a bit.

Thanks again for sharing yours OP
    Glad you’re happy with it! I’ve played about with the links on each side and managed to get a good fit with the bracelet. Bit rattly but actually very comfortable. Well worth the full RRP let alone the discounted prices!

Craftsman

So the bracelet arrived and it isn’t bad.

The hollow end links are not quite the right shape and overhang the lug tip by about a millimetre. This is not really noticeable on wrist but can be seen from the side. The little bits that hold the spring bar in place in the end link don’t allow the link to fit into the lug holes so I had to bend them slightly to get it to fit. This sounds worse than it was and it wasn’t difficult. There is a very slight gap of less than a mm between end link and the watch case it is tiny but there.

The end links are male so it sits well because of the small watch size but would have been better with female end links

The bracelet itself is solid and looks good. It is five link and actually has five separate pieces. The finish is mostly satin brushed with two two small links being polished. There are a few almost sharp edges at the sides of the links it does not affect comfort on the wrist.

The clasp is a double pusher with fold over clip. The hold of the clasp is good but it is a cheap pressed clasp with a fairly big gap between the links of the bracelet and the top of the clasp. It has 3 micro adjust holes. I have removed 4 links and put it on the smallest micro adjust to fit my 6.5 inch wrist. There are no more links to remove so this is the smallest wrist size it will fit. The bracelet is adjusted with push pins

I bought it on AliExpress for £6.78 and for that price I have no problem saying give it a go. It looks good and is comfortable.

Sorry the photos are not the greatest.

The bracelet can be found at the address below.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTG4OX

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    So the bracelet arrived and it isn’t bad.
    Thanks for the update.

For £6.78 you’ve done well there. I’m sure it feels a lot more solid that the stock bracelet. In saying that I’ve reverted to the bracelet as I’ve managed to get a good fit and it’s very comfortable. Still very impressed with the watch.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

I've just picked up the blue dial version.
    It was a bit shiny but the careful application of a Garryflex block has extended the brushed finish.
    Superb value for £45

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

I've just picked up the blue dial version.
    It was a bit shiny but the careful application of a Garryflex block has extended the brushed finish.
    Superb value for £45
    Nice. How ‘blue’ is the blue? I was actually considering getting a blue one also.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Nice. How ‘blue’ is the blue? I was actually considering getting a blue one also.
    In bright light it is noticeably blue if that makes sense but most of the time it's a dark enough shade not to really standout.

Craftsman
    In the end I gave up on the bracelet and have mine on a phoenix grey NATO. I put that on about 3 months ago and haven't taken it off that strap since.

For those still playing along just sharing the addition of a cheap jubilee bracelet. Pretty happy with the look and comfort.

I missed this last year but what a great little watch and amazing at the price!

Thanks for sharing.