closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another 996.1 GT3

Another 996.1 GT3

Further to my recent post in Mike's long running thread, I got my GT3 back yesterday. It's been on SoR for quite some time with a fair bit of interest, but no sale despite me dropping the price. I've just spent quite a lot on it getting it mechanically & cosmetically all up together & I'm going to keep it for the foreseeable.

Boy was it good to to drive the old girl again yesterday despite the relatively heavy traffic.

I've had this car since Feb 2006. I absolutely love it. We've had so many adventures together.

Not the best pic, but the current stable looks pretty good to my eye.

I'm a luck boy.

I know there are plenty of Porsche detractors around, but the GT3 is not like other 911's at all. Bags of character and especially in 996.1 Club Sport guise it's a pure, raw driving experience - Comparatively light at 1,350kg with the cage, no driver aids bar ABS & PAS & virtually no sound deadening with an engine noise to die for once above 5000rpm.

Looking forward to getting back out on track with this as well as the Exige.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Slightly jealous,out of interest what was it worth in 2006

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Lucky boy indeed!
    Would love to see some more pictures, especially any of the work/improvements you have made.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Oh no not another one!!

Excellent news that you have it back and have decided to keep it, the end of an era when it comes to analogue cars with such amazing feedback.

When you realise how rare these MK1’s are it’s quite something that there are 2 on the forum, they only made 103 UK RHD cars of which 88 are left.

Absolutely beautiful car. Both this and DV's. Hopefully one day when I've given up motorbikes I'll be able to have one of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Oh no not another one!!

Excellent news that you have it back and have decided to keep it, the end of an era when it comes to analogue cars with such amazing feedback.

When you realise how rare these MK1’s are it’s quite something that there are 2 on the forum, they only made 103 UK RHD cars of which 88 are left.
    Mine is a left hooker, but as a CS it’s rare anyway.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

Three of the best handling cars of the last 30 years. Awesome.

Rear, mid and front engine bases covered! That's a fine trio, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Not the best pic, but the current stable looks pretty good to my eye.
    Not very into cars but a fine looking SOTC.

Glad you are keeping it, been on track with it a lot over the years, although less recently.

Interestingly the C2 996 only weighed 1317kg, compared to today’s cars that’s still really quite light and you can feel it when driving them.

That is a lovely trio of cars.

Thanks for all the nice comments.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57