closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SEIKO 5 Brian May Limited Edition>>>

SEIKO 5 Brian May Limited Edition>>>

Thanks for posting, stunning photos highlighting the detail on the dial that otherwise goes unnoticed on normal photos of the watch.

Master
    Quite a long time coming this one, it was announced at the end of last year.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ht=Brian+seiko

I'm not hating it, but it's not at the top of my shopping list. Or near the middle for that matter. :/

Obviously the rest of the watch wont be up to GS standards including the hands and indices, but that dial finish certainly is. Thanks for sharing that.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Excellent photos. Wasn't sure about this watch when it was announced. Looks pretty good.

Great pictures as always, thanks for sharing. Dial closeups show great detail indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Photos, didnt realise the dial was so textured.

Sure to be collectable in the years to come

A lovely dial on that, congrats! I'd love to own one but I can't see me wearing it too much so I'm sure I could spend €550 more effectively elsewhere.

The coin Brian uses as a plectrum is a tanner (or sixpenny bit), his guitar tech has to ensure he has a supply of them on hand for when they go missing. He uses the coins edge on the guitar strings to produce particular effects.

Master
    Those really are wonderful pictures and the dial finishing is very impressive. Just to point out a couple of errors at the beginning of the text. The model he wears is a 7548-7010 also known as the transitional model between the 7548 and 7C43. It’s believed that Brian picked up the watch on a tour in May 1985 which was their only year of production I think. More info in the link below.

https://www.thewatchsite.com/attachm...ntid=14816&d=0

I eventually tracked one down a couple of years ago from 1985 and it’s one of my favourites and one I’ll never part with.

Cheers
    Neil

That red looks really great, however, I do feel it would work a lot better without the day or date.

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Just to point out a couple of errors at the beginning of the text. The model he wears is a 7548-7010 also known as the transitional model between the 7548 and 7C43. It’s believed that Brian picked up the watch on a tour in May 1985 which was their only year of production I think.
    An interesting hypothesis Neil but Seiko's marketing blurb says he's had the watch over 40 years and bought it on his first tour of Japan in the 1970's.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    An interesting hypothesis Neil but Seiko's marketing blurb says he's had the watch over 40 years and bought it on his first tour of Japan in the 1970's.
    I would respectfully suggest that the blurb is incorrect Duncan. He definitely bought it in the mid 80’s and I recall him confirming this in the past. Another fact that supports this is that the watch isn’t seen on his wrist at all in any live shows or photos until 1986.

Cheers
    Neil

I’m just waiting for the day he sends it over for servicing, we’ll know for sure then!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I’m just waiting for the day he sends it over for servicing, we’ll know for sure then!
    Just had a quick Google and this confirms that it's a 7548-7010 and these were only produced in 1985 so he must have bought it then or in early '86 as he seen wearing it then.

I think he should send it to you Duncan and you did a wonderful job on my 7C43 a couple of years back. Brian's has been worn extensively by the look of things and still going strong. I'm not that surprised that he may have got the years mixed up as to when he bought it. Queen toured the world with many trips to Japan in the 70's and 80's so it would be easy be unsure which tour it was.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    I would respectfully suggest that the blurb is incorrect Duncan. He definitely bought it in the mid 80’s and I recall him confirming this in the past. Another fact that supports this is that the watch isn’t seen on his wrist at all in any live shows or photos until 1986.

Cheers
    Neil
    This is getting like the Smiths/Rolex/ Everest saga...I need the true facts please..this thread is making me want one.....but, the real Brian May one.

Doesn't get more definitive than that

What ever happened to marketing department fact checking!

Thanks Jocke. The detail on that piece is amazing. I would, I would rock that.

The first time I saw one of these I weren’t too bothered,just shows what a decent picture can do ,why didn’t seiko bother to show the detail.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Why didn't Seiko bother to show the detail?
    They just did.

Craftsman
    The dial looks gorgeous.

I wouldn't personally buy or wear a Brian May limited edition, but if they made other dials like that, id be all over em.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    They just did.
    I thought they were jockes pics