closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What Itches did TZ help you scratch?

Master

What Itches did TZ help you scratch?

That you didn’t know needed scratching before joining here? Which ones do you still need to scratch?

Some have come and gone, some are still here, but tz gave me an itch I needed to satisfy for GS (thanks to Ryan) VC (thanks to Martyn) PP, Tudor and Panerai.

I’ve had an itch for AP for a couple of years and a very long slow itch for Blancpain which is now starting to burn (thanks to Tony)! Doubt I’ll get either of those scratched for some years (if ever) but it’s there.

The MM300. I bought it to see what all the fuss was about. Now I can’t see me ever getting rid of it. I had wanted to try one after seeing a great picture of one in the Seiko chapter of ‘The Watch’ by Gene Stone but I didn’t know what it was and never knew where to get hold of one until I came here

The Omega Flightmaster, I bought it on impulse after liking them for years but never thinking I would get one, it’s also a firm favourite now.

The recent purchase of a Precista 89 has caused another itch to develop - for more MOD Precistas.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 6th June 2020 at 16:33.

Itches that I didn't know I had, which are now persistent rashes

Craftsman
    GS for sure , not sure I would have been brave enough to pull the trigger on one sight unseen and what with lack of dealers they are rare things to see but bought my SBGN001 off SC on here and looking to add a snowflake to my collection this year

I am new to the forum, only a week or so but so far it has only given me lots of itch’s especially with all the great photography.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I had an urge to contact strange men off the Internet.
    It seems TZ was the perfect place to scratch this itch.

Craftsman
    None.

The ‘dangerous’ people here are the ones with the camera skills. Photos of Speedmasters, old subs and sea dwellers start the temptations. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the watch piggy bank is empty.

How long have you got?
    THIN is the new BLACK

Blog Entries
    This topic is on the wrong forum!

Interesting question.

On reflection I’ve come to the conclusion that of the 58 watches I’ve owned in 15 years (of which I still own 20), just three of them represented a real itch that I needed to scratch.

As a lover of dive watches, I became obsessed with the idea of owning an orange dial Doxa. That particular itch was scratched with the acquisition of a Sub 1500t, which I still own.

The second itch was the desire for a Panerai. Earlier on I bought a number of MM homages, but I needed to experience the real thing, and that itch was scratched by the purchase of an exquisite PAM00156.

Although I loved the PAM, I sold it to scratch the third itch - a Rolex DSSD, the first and only Rolex I’ve had (or probably ever will).

So there you have it... three itches scratched, 2 of the 3 still with me.

I have two itches remaining...

Although I don’t really buy into the idea of a grail, the closest thing to that for me is a Blancpain 45mm FF. it’s an itch I may never scratch, as I’m not sure how I could ever put the funds together to buy one unless I’m prepared to put a number of watches I love up for sale, and I’m not sure I’m prepared to do that.

The last itch is an odd one - for reasons I can’t really explain I’m slightly obsessed with the idea of the Linde Wederlin Spidolite Titanium II. Again, I’m not at all sure it’s an itch I will ever scratch...

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 6th June 2020 at 20:22.

MM300 is a watch I wouldn't have had on my radar without TZ. Likewise it's one I doubt I would have been able to buy without SC. I've had two different versions of it from here and one was sold back through here. I always associate it with TZ when I wear it.

Grand Master
    Dive watches. Never liked them before I joined TZ, ended up owning a few that have now been sold.

Master
    Dive watches I’d always had dress or sporty chronograph watches and I’ve had some belting divers from here
    Seiko skx007
    Halios Laguna
    Planet ocean
    They have been my 3 favourites

On top of that I bought my first tag heuer .. and my 2nd .... 5th... erm 9th? Too many to remember

The only one I bought and never bonded with other at all and was very disappointed in was my polar explorer. Lord knows why

Had plenty of eddies watches but my favourite one was my speedbird and second round lace either the smiths Everest or smiths seafire .. that may be about to change as I’ve got a dreadnought inbound

It’s been more than just a source of watches for me though I’ve learned to much from lots of the inmates here it’s proved a real education

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    For me, Zenith - I knew virtually nothing about them pre-TZ, i.e. little more than their transitory role in the Daytona etc. But the more of them I saw on here the more I liked them. So TZ gave me that itch, but also let me scratch it when I picked up a Tipo CP2 from Sales Corner, and it's one of my favourite watches of all time.

This forum has given me a ton of mild irritations (...) but the biggest itch I've caught here was German tool-watches. That's cost me about £6K so far - which for me is a very untrivial sum - and it could flare-up again at any time...

In fairness it's also made me reappraise at least some offerings from big, mainstream manufacturers like Rolex, Breitling, TAG Heuer, &c which I'd actively disliked previously. No real desire to own any, but my eyes are a little more open, and my mind a little less closed now...

Loads of watches I'd never even heard of or were only vaguely aware of before joining up including Damasko, Fortis, Dornbleuth & Sinn.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    This too of course & some of them have been extremely strange
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    This........................Pure quality!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    The ‘dangerous’ people here are the ones with the camera skills. Photos of Speedmasters, old subs and sea dwellers start the temptations. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the watch piggy bank is empty.
    I totally agree.

I have scratched so far since joining.

Pam 90
    A bronze (which I would never have considered until TZ)
    A number of microbands
    Seiko Sumo
    At least 4 other watches for my OH (Keep her onside)

Still a number to go including DSSD, GMT II (non batman) Speedy (bit still unsure which one)

It is a disease and a lot of people don't get it at all. Anyways, I'm happy and content.

At least you didn't have to come up with a very convoluted way of justifying why you want to take off all your clothes the moment you step through your front door.
    "A man of little significance"

I’m fairly independent of mind, but there are two watches that I have in my collection because of TZ.

Tony posted this photo:

and after futile resistance I ended up with this:

Justin ( JGJG) waxed lyrical about his B&R Geneva, and of course he was right about its qualities

Thanks guys

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helidoc; 7th June 2020 at 11:13.

Master
    An itch that was scratched that didn't work out.

On joining TZ i couldn't get what the fuss was about the Seiko brand...tried a number including the MM300 and still don't get the brand.

Yes the GS is nice and well built but at a price that dosen't work for me.

So an itch that was scratched but not for me.

However G-shock that is another story.