closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People keep mentioning it so here are the new "Baby" range

Journeyman
    Is there a reason for not using the now standardised Smiths name and logo on the Baby Willard as per the other proposed homages (Navigator, Caribbean, Omega Seamaster ...)- or is it just to make it more Seiko-ish? Would look good keeping them all the same.

Apprentice
    Will the baby 68 have the same Water Resistance as the original PRS 68?
    Was considering a Helm Khuraburi but will definitely try and get this one instead!
    Been looking at it many times and feeling bad it was discontinued(PRS68) :D
    So I am really excited!

Quote Originally Posted by RulleK View Post
    Will the baby 68 have the same Water Resistance as the original PRS 68?
    Was considering a Helm Khuraburi but will definitely try and get this one instead!
    Been looking at it many times and feeling bad it was discontinued(PRS68) :D
    So I am really excited!
    Yes, it's 200 metres and should be available to order on 2 August.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Wow!! That’s pretty soon. Great to hear When will you publish the other details like price?

Eddie
    Exciting times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Wow!! That’s pretty soon. Great to hear When will you publish the other details like price?
    I expect to receive the Speedbird and Willard next Monday (20th) then I have to photograph them, design the booklet and update the website. The Willard is being shipped on the 24th so it will be tight getting that sorted for the 2nd of August.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I expect to receive the Speedbird and Willard next Monday (20th) then I have to photograph them, design the booklet and update the website. The Willard is being shipped on the 24th so it will be tight getting that sorted for the 2nd of August.

Eddie
    Did you mean the Dreadnought is being shipped on the 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Did you mean the Dreadnought is being shipped on the 24th?
    No, I meant to say that the Speedbird and Dreadnought will be delivered on Monday.

Eddie

Apprentice

Eddie

Thanks for the reply, Eddie!

Will try and get one August 2nd!

Already excited :D

Master
    No, I meant to say that the Speedbird and Dreadnought will be delivered on Monday.

Eddie
    Will you be offering Click and Collect :-)

Apprentice
    Looks like August 2nd is going to be a short opening again! I'll be there refreshing the page to get a baby Dreadnought.

I just read this written by a mod on another forum

"AFAIK the Dreadnought was basically the same watch as the Jacques Etoile "Atlantis", developed by Fricker (who went bankrupt last year). And there was a story at the time that Fricker promised both companies a unique design. Guess that was kind of an exaggeration."

Googling 'Jacques Etoile Atlantis' brought me to this clarification in a few seconds:

Following the success of the Dreadnought, Jacques Etoile got Fricker to make the "Atlantis" for him, using the same case, bracelet and hands. Jacques Etoile then claimed that the "Atlantis" was the first and the Dreadnought was a copy. Copying the hands was significant because until the Dreadnought used them, this style hadn't been used on a watch since the late 60s/early 70s.

Eddie
    Since rumour is being peddled elsewhere on the internet, I thought it would be good to refresh the visibility of this clarification.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 22nd July 2020 at 23:50.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I just read this written by a mod on another forum

"AFAIK the Dreadnought was basically the same watch as the Jacques Etoile "Atlantis", developed by Fricker (who went bankrupt last year). And there was a story at the time that Fricker promised both companies a unique design. Guess that was kind of an exaggeration."

Googling 'Jacques Etoile Atlantis' brought me to this clarification in a few seconds:

Since rumour is being peddled elsewhere on the internet, I thought it would be good to refresh the visibility of this clarification.
    That's really interesting. I prefer the design of the Dreadnought though.

Fricker made several watches resembling the Dreadnought and also made a few watches which he claimed were Comex prototypes and covertly put them on the market where they were qucikly snapped up at exhorbitant prices by unsuspecting collectors.

Eddie

Fricker made several watches resembling the Dreadnought and also made a few watches which he claimed were Comex prototypes and covertly put them on the market where they were qucikly snapped up at exhorbitant prices by unsuspecting collectors.

Eddie
    Ooof! Wonder why he went out of business...

Not sure if this has been asked previously, does the PRS - 52 Baby Dreadnought have spring bar's or does it attach to the bracelet with screws, can't see any any info on the web-page.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked previously, does the PRS - 52 Baby Dreadnought have spring bar's or does it attach to the bracelet with screws, can't see any any info on the web-page.
    The one in my hand has springbars and drilled lugs.

Eddie

The one in my hand has springbars and drilled lugs.

Eddie
    Top chap, now get to bed early - you've a busy day tomorrow

Top chap, now get to bed early - you've a busy day tomorrow
    After opening for half an hour he is going for be busy for a month.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Having never owned a Seiko 'turtle case' watch and before stumping up £1k for the new Willard I bought a Steeldive Willard to test the water so to speak, due to the shape of the case I really like it, however I can't get my head around a grand for a Seiko divers watch and am now drawn to the Smiths Baby Willard, but I'm of a mind set that thinks it would look more pleasing with the Smiths 'booby logo' - is this where it's heading?

Having never owned a Seiko 'turtle case' watch and before stumping up £1k for the new Willard I bought a Steeldive Willard to test the water so to speak, due to the shape of the case I really like it, however I can't get my head around a grand for a Seiko divers watch and am now drawn to the Smiths Baby Willard, but I'm of a mind set that thinks it would look more pleasing with the Smiths 'booby logo' - is this where it's heading?
    I'm going to buy one tomorrow if I can get in the site the 24 seconds it will be up lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The baby turtle and speedbird look great. I love my Voyager, it genuinely is one of my favourite watches and it feel right being a slightly bigger watch at 42.5mm. So really not sure on the baby Dreadnought. Dial size looks a bit small in a 38mm case. I'd have said maybe slightly upscaled to 40mm, but clearly there is a demand for sub 40mm. So intrigued to see how it looks on the wrist.
    I am still undecided myself - I did get one, but seeing it in the metal I keep thinking the dial is too small ..... haven't taken the watch in to the rotation until I make up my mind.
    That said, it is a beautiful piece, very nice heft to it, fit and finish looks superb.

The "dial issue" is akin to the 50th Anniversary Doxa 300 "Lung series" - still undecided on those too. I better make up my mind.