closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First generation Omega x33 needs a service in Bienne. Any advice?

Blog Entries

First generation Omega x33 needs a service in Bienne. Any advice?

My first generation Omega X33 stopped working. A new battery didn't get it going again, so I think it needs a service at Omega's. The local dealer will not touch it, so he's suggesting that it should go to Bienne for a service. Sadly I consider my local Omega dealer to be a 'bag of wind': only trying to sell expensive watches, but no real craftsmanship and knowledge when I ask them a straight question. The dealer isn't my first port of call, so to speak.

Has any of you any experience regarding a 'Bienne service', especially with the X33?

Kind regards,

Menno

Menno, I left my X33 at Wesselink & Vreeker. They checked it themselves first (as an Omega service center) and then sent it to Brussels I think, not Bienne. turnaround time was acceptable. Send me a PM if you need any details.

Blog Entries
    You can send to Omega UK and they will pass on as needed. Contact them direct via customer services on the website. Always done a good job with my Omega’s including an X-33 MK2. They’ll probably swap the movement out as part of the service so you’ll get a SQ module into the bargain 1666C

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    Menno, I left my X33 at Wesselink & Vreeker. They checked it themselves first (as an Omega service center) and then sent it to Brussels I think, not Bienne. turnaround time was acceptable. Send me a PM if you need any details.
    Perhaps that's a good idea. Only, I'll have to wait for a few months: I'm 'grounded' after undergoing emergency eye surgery in the UMC (Utrecht University Hospital). Things will be alright again, but no driving for 3 months to Alkmaar!

Are they still located at that 'iffy' shopping center?

Menno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    You can send to Omega UK and they will pass on as needed. Contact them direct via customer services on the website. Always done a good job with my Omega’s including an X-33 MK2. They’ll probably swap the movement out as part of the service so you’ll get a SQ module into the bargain 1666C
    Thanks, I'll check Dutch addresses first!

Menno

Your son or your wife can drive you. We can testify it is an essential journey!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

Thanks, I'll check Dutch addresses first!
    ah - in that case the Dutch swatch group customer services ! All the best.

Menno

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Your son or your wife can drive you. We can testify it is an essential journey!
    We’re allowed to go where we want. There was never a restriction on travelling by car *)

On the other hand, I have a Sinn EZM2 that needs the same sort of service as the X33. Last winter I'd figured out that I can get on a train to Frankfurt directly from my hometown! A 2x/day train into Germany.

I had it all planned: get on the train at 7:30 AM and arrive in Frankfurt at 11:30 AM. Take an Uber to Sinn, drop of the watch, do a tour in their museum, and head home around 3 PM for a 4 hr journey back home. Brilliant day out and I wanted to take a lot of pics for here, on the forum. We are allowed to travel by train, but I don't fancy a 8 hr trip in a confined space wearing a face mask etc.

So yes, sadly Covid-19 threw some spanners into the works... I'll send the watch to them by mail.

Menno

*) We're a little ahead of you, I think. Holidays abroad are allowed again as well, apart from the fact that traveling to the UK and Sweden is not recommended: when one returns, he/she needs to go in isolation for 14 days.
    Last edited by thieuster; 5th June 2020 at 19:47.