closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New arrival - my grail....

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    The watch isn’t what you expected or want, so take the time to ensure the watch is right,
    Like checking it over next time when the seller delivers it to your door? Unbelievable frankly.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What a strange thread.

Master
    Best of luck resolving. Sounds like your seller is reasonable so far. Let's hope it doesn't turn sour before he refunds you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hope it goes through fine.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Lesson learnt. Private seller on C24. Never.
    I’ve never bought through C24, but I understood the escrow service was still available with private sellers? Does that not provide adequate / complete protection (under more typical circumstances perhaps than the OP’s situation)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I did let him know that £14k is unrealistic, even dealers on there are around the £12k mark. Fingers crossed for the refund and go again!
    How did it go? Did the guy refund you?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

The seller is pulling a fast one on you. The detail does not matter now and you should not have to deal with service faff. I think you should be safe via Chrono24 provided you’re within the return window.

Also if he hand delivered he is a little exposed himself - no tracking or delivery confirmation means he can’t get the cash out of escrow unless you confirmed the delivery your end.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Well i raised the issue four hours after receiving the watch and I did use credit card and their escrow service. I have not heard back from the seller yet, being the weekend now it might be a slower response time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    I’ve never bought through C24, but I understood the escrow service was still available with private sellers? Does that not provide adequate / complete protection (under more typical circumstances perhaps than the OP’s situation)?
    The escrow service works fine, you receive the watch and FULLY EXAMINE IT before agreeing to accept the Watch and release the payment to the seller. If you let the seller have his money without doing these checks they clearly could be over the hills and far away.

There is no issue with the system here.

Master
    I know finding a grail watch and having it delivered by hand can cloud your judgment in the excitement but I hope you get it resolved!

If it goes well, will you continue with the hunt for another or has this tainted your feelings on a grail watch?

Master
    The LV is definitely the watch for me. The money has not been released yet, as it hasn't not 'technically' been posted to me yet, there it is in the escrow account. I have not heard back from him yet, but I am certainly not going to release the money.
    Will

The LV is definitely the watch for me. The money has not been released yet, as it hasn't not 'technically' been posted to me yet, there it is in the escrow account. I have not heard back from him yet, but I am certainly not going to release the money.
    Will
    Have you contacted Chrono24 to record your concerns?

Master
    not yet, as it does not show as being delivered to me yet, so I do not think i have that option yet.

Presumably at some point you will be offered the chance to reject the Watch, but they will probably expect you to return the watch to the seller and for them to acknowledge receipt before they give you your money back.

Master
    Will
    I’ve never used this so have no idea how it works, but if they won’t release the money until you agree to it and presumably he would know that, surely it’s in his interests to get back in touch ASAP to get his watch back. As it stands you have the watch and are unhappy so won’t release the money. He’s got nothing.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’ve never used this so have no idea how it works, but if they won’t release the money until you agree to it and presumably he would know that, surely it’s in his interests to get back in touch ASAP to get his watch back. As it stands you have the watch and are unhappy so won’t release the money. He’s got nothing.

Is that correct or am I missing something?
    He’s got nothing - big mistake to deliver in person?

Master
    What price did you actually pay for the watch?
    Pretty sure you would get a full set off a bricks and mortar place for £12K
    I

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    He’s got nothing - big mistake to deliver in person?

He does have his address though....

Master
    I gave him a receipt that I have collected it from him, and we have been in good communication and I have his address as well, so I really do not think that there are any issues. He is clearly either going to get his watch back and I will receive the money back that I have paid hopefully!

He sent me a message today to say that he has not heard from them today and will call them on Monday if nothing is heard. I have contacted chrono24 as well, so they will have heard from both parties.

not yet, as it does not show as being delivered to me yet, so I do not think i have that option yet.
    How would it show as being delivered to you? Presumably you have to inform Chrono24 it has been delivered and you are happy with the purchase, or otherwise inform them that you are not happy?

What am I missing here?

Blog Entries
    So i have asked for a refund, and he seems happier to do that. He is going to contact chrono24 to cancel the transaction.
    Will
    Let us know how you get on - if he is true to his word he will cancel the transaction and you can get your money back from escrow. Else - he knows where you live.... you can’t keep the watch and the cash.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 6th June 2020 at 20:34.

Master
    I gave him a receipt that I have collected it from him, and we have been in good communication and I have his address as well, so I really do not think that there are any issues. He is clearly either going to get his watch back and I will receive the money back that I have paid hopefully!

He sent me a message today to say that he has not heard from them today and will call them on Monday if nothing is heard. I have contacted chrono24 as well, so they will have heard from both parties.
    From this I genuinely expect this to end well for both parties. Bet the seller is bricking it though as the op has both the money and the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    From this I genuinely expect this to end well for both parties. Bet the seller is bricking it though as the op has both the money and the watch.
    Actually, if the seller has a receipt for the watch then I doubt it’s as rosey as it might seem.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How would it show as being delivered to you? Presumably you have to inform Chrono24 it has been delivered and you are happy with the purchase, or otherwise inform them that you are not happy?

What am I missing here?
    I do not know. it is not like eBay when you can say that it has been delivered etc. I think he has to state that from his end. I have emailed chrono24 to confirm delivery and not happy with it, so will go from there.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If you return it in person get a photo of the watch next to his ID and immediately email ch24 your TC number and the photo and tell them that you've returned the watch to the seller as it had undisclosed damage to the case.

Do not F about resting on your laurels that it's not been marked as delivered because as soon as he enters hand delivery in person and uploads the receipt ch24 will release the funds.

Master
    so the refund is being processed, and i guess it will occur in the next day or two. The seller has been very good about it. He did say he would take money off of it, but has decided to replace the bezel for £212 +VAT and then relist at a price he thinks he can achieve.

So i am happy to get my money back, but a bit sad that I will not be the owner of an LV. I shall keep an eye out for one, but it is a hell a lot of money to shell out for one watch.,......

Craftsman
    Good Luck sorting it.
    If its a Grail Watch, you need to make sure its a really nice one as you will probably keep it forever. That doesnt look like it is, so maybe pay a bit more now and it will be worth it later.

Master
    He did say he would take money off of it, but has decided to replace the bezel for £212 +VAT and then relist at a price he thinks he can achieve.
    I'm hoping Haywood or someone else who's had an LV bezel replaced recently will chip in here, but last time I was in Rolex St James I was advised £450 for an LV bezel replacement, and they told me they wouldn't / couldn't do it there - would have to go back to the mothership.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    If you return it in person get a photo of the watch next to his ID and immediately email ch24 your TC number and the photo and tell them that you've returned the watch to the seller as it had undisclosed damage to the case.

Do not F about resting on your laurels that it's not been marked as delivered because as soon as he enters hand delivery in person and uploads the receipt ch24 will release the funds.
    V wise advice.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    so the refund is being processed, and i guess it will occur in the next day or two. The seller has been very good about it. He did say he would take money off of it, but has decided to replace the bezel for £212 +VAT and then relist at a price he thinks he can achieve.

So i am happy to get my money back, but a bit sad that I will not be the owner of an LV. I shall keep an eye out for one, but it is a hell a lot of money to shell out for one watch.,......

result. There are Kermits available from reputable resellers...... at a price.

Craftsman
    Good luck hope its all sorts itself out

Craftsman
    A refund would be the best result here. Unless the deal was right, it would always leave a bitter feeling in the back of my mind.

Oh Mate that is one heck of a score well done and wear it in very best of health.Oops just re read the rest of the thread well done to Seller as well.

Nice Hulk - feeling good wearing the beast?

Thanks
    S

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post

Thanks
    S

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    very good reply, in both senses

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post

Thanks
    S
    So you took the time to find a GIF but couldn’t be bothered to read the thread

Simon

I hope you get your money back - I wouldn’t be happy spending that sort of money on a watch and having that level of ‘wear’.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    So you took the time to find a GIF but couldn’t be bothered to read the thread

Simon
    I guess in theory they could have read it, but they don't know what a "Hulk" or a "Kermit" in Rolex-nerd vernacular mean, or don't know the difference between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Stunner enjoy your Kermit without doubt the best modern Rolex made, case size, maxi dial and flair of the green bezel. Not forgetting the short production run.

M
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I guess in theory they could have read it, but they don't know what a "Hulk" or a "Kermit" in Rolex-nerd vernacular mean, or don't know the difference between the two?
    It was spelled out in post #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Clearly doesn’t know the difference between the two and also didn’t read the thread!

Simon

Master
    So after much thought, i was very tempted to keep it at a good discounted price, I am delivering it back to the original owner today. I monitored the time keeping, and it lost around 10 seconds overnight, and perhaps 15 seconds over the time I was monitoring it. It is a shame, but the hunt continues!

Craftsman
    So after much thought, i was very tempted to keep it at a good discounted price, I am delivering it back to the original owner today. I monitored the time keeping, and it lost around 10 seconds overnight, and perhaps 15 seconds over the time I was monitoring it. It is a shame, but the hunt continues!
    Good luck, I hope all goes to plan. I find the hunt is half of the fun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    Ive never had a problem with chrono24. I have had a problem with sellers misdescribing though... Both times a return was made thru chrono24 and my money refunded.

Master
    I don’t understand why you feel tempted to keep what sounds to be an absolute munter of a watch. It’s been bashed to buggery and isn’t keeping time to COSC standard. Unless the seller is willing to give a substantial discount, it sounds like a potential money pit. Better examples are available.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I don’t understand why you feel tempted to keep what sounds to be an absolute munter of a watch. It’s been bashed to buggery and isn’t keeping time to COSC standard. Unless the seller is willing to give a substantial discount, it sounds like a potential money pit. Better examples are available.
    OP Totally agree with above:

Rolex would want to replace the case, bezel and the movement probably needs a fix after the bashing it took. Why would you be ‘tempted to keep it’.

Good decision returning the watch - I hope you dropped it off in person??? Has the seller cancelled the sale before you hand it back? I would want money back in my account from escrow...
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 10th June 2020 at 11:57.

Master
    Thanks for your messages. i am dropping it to the seller this afternoon.

I was originally tempted to keep it as I emailed a place to have the work done, laser welding and service and it would cost less than most others would, that has been recommended on here before.

We both have to email Chrono24 to confirm that i have given it back and that the seller has returned it. We will it do that there and then.

A grail with significant issues, and considered being kept?

Surely that's a forum first

Master
    Watch return and refund being initiated

Master
    Watch return and refund being initiated

Good result. Didn’t seem any logic in taking a risk on it. I’m sure you’ll find a good one.