closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New arrival - my grail....

Master

New arrival - my grail....

So I did a deal on Tuesday and he personally delivered it today to my home address. I could not be happier! IMG_6561.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Looking good!

Master
    Lucky man. Please upload a better photo.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    So I did a deal on Tuesday and he personally delivered it today to my home address. I could not be happier! IMG_6561.JPG

Was he a member here? Probably deserves a shout out. And a better pic

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Was he a member here? Probably deserves a shout out. And a better pic
    I'm guessing it was the one on SC a couple of days ago

EDIT: bad guess
    Last edited by gcleminson; 5th June 2020 at 13:35.

Master
    I really do not know how to upload pictures on here. I don’t think he is no. I’ve been looking at old threads to perhaps change the bezel as it is a bit scratched. He had it serviced by Rolex in 2017 and I have the estimated cost and the authorisation of payment but he doesn’t have the service warranty card or report. Do you think I could ask Rolex for the service sheet ?

Journeyman
    Congrats on this beauty.
    For images you can use https://postimages.org/: upload your picture there, copy the direct link and insert it here (using Insert Image icon)

Master

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kumm2004 View Post
    Congrats on this beauty.
    For images you can use https://postimages.org/: upload your picture there, copy the direct link and insert it here (using Insert Image icon)
    Thanks for your message! I have managed to upload one, this is very useful, I shall post more soon.

Master
    Much better pic. Enjoy it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Stunner enjoy your Kermit without doubt the best modern Rolex made, case size, maxi dial and flair of the green bezel. Not forgetting the short production run.

M

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Stunner enjoy your Kermit without doubt the best modern Rolex made, case size, maxi dial and flair of the green bezel. Not forgetting the short production run.

M
    Beautiful watch, looks amazing.

Journeyman
    Very nice, congrats.

And nice service delivering straight to the door and everything!

Master
    have noticed this, i guess nothing can be done, so will live with it, it certainly has been active in service

Blog Entries
    have noticed this, i guess nothing can be done, so will live with it, it certainly has been active in service

ouch! I hope the movement did not take too much of a knock when that happened. Maybe some laser welding can sort it.

Master

There’ve been two good examples for sale on SC in the last few weeks (admittedly one of them was mine).

Nothing wrong with a bit of wear and tear but hope you got that for a decent price, as from the photo that looks to be too big a ding to easily polish out.

Master
    Where did you source this watch from? That’s a pretty nasty ‘ding’ and the whole ‘no service card or receipt’ sounds odd tbh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Where did you source this watch from? That’s a pretty nasty ‘ding’ and the whole ‘no service card or receipt’ sounds odd tbh.
    I have the paperwork to show that it was serviced in 2017, just not the proper break down and card. it is a full set with all tags etc

It was bought from a private chap on chrono24 and in the report, it was described as very good condition.

Master
    I have the paperwork to show that it was serviced in 2017, just not the proper break down and card. it is a full set with all tags etc

It was bought from a private chap on chrono24 and in the report, it was described as very good condition.
    Ah OK, fair enough I mistakenly thought there was no documentation.

Everyone has their own idea of what represents very good condition. To me, this seems to be stretching that somewhat but you may feel differently. Also if you got a keen price (as someone suggested above) then all’s the better.

Enjoy wearing it!

Master
    it was more expensive than the one listed on here earlier this week, but unfortunately I was not quicker enough emailing in (i did, but people beat me to it) and I am based quite a distance away too.

I plan to keep it, it is just a tad annoying. I have emailed the seller, so not sure what/if any comeback there will be.

Journeyman
    Thanks for your message! I have managed to upload one, this is very useful, I shall post more soon.

Master
    So I got the reply back from the seller and he has said that he has never noticed it before. I have looked back through the pictures on the listing, and it is not at all obvious. One picture you can see a slight mark, but certainly not to the same level.

He has asked what I want to do, and to be honest, I am not totally sure. I know from dealing with Chrono24 before and private sellers, I do not have much comeback.

What do you any of you people think?

Will

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Return, refund. While you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    This would also be my next move.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I am not quite sure where i stand on that, having bought it privately on Chrono24. I will talk to the chap who i bought it from and see where i can go. thanks for all your advice so far.
    Will

Master
    You said he delivered it? Did you look over it together while he was still there?

You could ask him to refund the price for a service and then send it to WatchWorks in Bristol for a Rolex service and case laser welding, it'll be good as new then.

Master
    It can be fixed with laser welding
    I dropped a brand new rootbeer and put a similar ding on mine.
    Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol repaired it where you could not see any mark when finished.
    He tends only to do case repairs along with a service now which your watch doesn't need.
    You would be looking at between £200-£300 to repair but worth it if you are ever going to sell.
    I'd be asking for the cost of that refunded from seller

Post below beat me to it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodruffm View Post
    You could ask him to refund the price for a service and then send it to WatchWorks in Bristol for a Rolex service and case laser welding, it'll be good as new then.
    Even if Rocco would take that on (and I gather he's in the fortunate position of picking and choosing his work these days) a full service and case refurb with laser welding (which I think he outsources?) would not come cheap. Other members who've had similar done will have a better idea, but my guess would be in the £1,000 ballpark.

EDIT: Hood beat me to it.

So, 200 - 300 for case refurb and 400-500 for service?
    Last edited by gcleminson; 5th June 2020 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Even if Rocco would take that on (and I gather he's in the fortunate position of picking and choosing his work these days) a full service and case refurb with laser welding (which I think he outsources?) would not come cheap. Other members who've had similar done will have a better idea, but my guess would be in the £1,000 ballpark.
    I spoke with Rocco earlier this year about laser welding a 114060 I had that had been over polished and he said it would be £100 on top of the price of a full service. Admittedly the areas for welding weren't as bad as the OPs here but the whole case required attention. Obviously testament to the quality of his work that already three different people here have put his name in the frame.

Master
    Very good is only one down from unworn on chrono24...If I were you, I would get money back straight away.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to rain on your joy Buddy but time to send that LV back ASAP and source another. There are better examples around in decent condition with better bezel inserts.

Enjoy the hunt!

M

Master
    How on earth did you not notice that damage when the seller was there in person

… it was described as very good condition.
    Really? Did you not examine it before agreeing to pay the no-doubt ridiculous price?

Unless you're lucky, the seller could tell you to whistle, especially if he dropped it off and presumably gave you time to look at it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post

EDIT: Hood beat me to it.

So, 200 - 300 for case refurb and 400-500 for service?
    I would ideally want Rolex to do the work.

Thanks for your comments. They really are very helpful. To be fair, the chap I have bought off is being very good. He has suggested that he would take it back and get it sorted - case and bezel and then re-list for £14k, however, he has asked me for my best and final offer. What do you chaps think it is worth?

Will

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your comments. They really are very helpful. To be fair, the chap I have bought off is being very good. He has suggested that he would take it back and get it sorted - case and bezel and then re-list for £14k, however, he has asked me for my best and final offer. What do you chaps think it is worth?

Will
    Tell him to do one.

Master

Will
    Your describing of his qualities are as good as him describing the condition of the watch
    Ask for 1300 back to get it repaired and serviced by Rolex. He shouldn’t argue with that

Every chance I would have missed that mark on the side too in the excitement of buying. Get a quote from Rocco and ask the seller to give you that amount back (repair only) and maybe split the service cost if Rocco won't do it without the service. Alternatively return it - not as described.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Every chance I would have missed that mark on the side too in the excitement of buying. Get a quote from Rocco and ask the seller to give you that amount back (repair only) and maybe split the service cost if Rocco won't do it without the service. Alternatively return it - not as described.
    He turned up about 1 hour earlier than expected, so he caught me off guard a little, I had been out for a run, and literally got back to the house one minute before him. I had a look over, but as I knew about the bezel I was super excited about the watch.

I would want the work to be completed by Rolex really. I am going to ask for £1200 off the price that I paid or I can deliver the watch back to him tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Sorry to rain on your joy Buddy but time to send that LV back ASAP and source another. There are better examples around in decent condition with better bezel inserts.

Enjoy the hunt!

M
    Exactly this, stunning watch but the unknown history and ding...
    If it went to RSC the case ding would at least be commented on in the quote, probably with a recommendation for replacement. Perhaps the reason for the lost papers’? (also they’ve always emailed quotes so I have an online record anyway).

I can’t imagine owning and handling it without noticing...

Master

New arrival - my grail....

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t buy from a reputable dealer at £14k, so many to choose from. Watches.co.uk has full set mint one for 12,995 and you can haggle with them, they are not cheapest either.
    Last edited by ac11111; 5th June 2020 at 19:33.

As stated, Rolex won't repair the case, they will simply want to replace it and no doubt relieve you of £2k+ in the process. Repairing the existing case makes more sense than a straight replacement.

Get a refund...

Master

Will
    It all sounds iffy somehow. Just get your money back and buy from a trusted source

Master
    So i have asked for a refund, and he seems happier to do that. He is going to contact chrono24 to cancel the transaction.
    Will

I’d return it. I’d be worried about what other issues may be lurking due to the sizeable knock that watch has undoubtedly taken.

I know it was would be disappointing but there’s always another watch.

- - - Updated - - -

So i have asked for a refund, and he seems happier to do that. He is going to contact chrono24 to cancel the transaction.
    Will
    Ah, you posted just as I was typing. Good decision I think.

Master
    I know from experience that chrono24 are quite difficult to cancel transactions though, so i am hopeful he will be able to do so

Blog Entries
    IMO get your money back and source another one 14K if he realists tell him to do one.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    I did let him know that £14k is unrealistic, even dealers on there are around the £12k mark. Fingers crossed for the refund and go again!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lesson learnt. Private seller on C24. Never.

Will
    This is the correct course of action. The watch isn’t what you expected or want, so take the time to ensure the watch is right,

Lesson learnt. Private seller on C24. Never.
    I don’t think this is true, I’ve had one very positive experience. I do think that for high value transactions such as this you need either reputable bricks and mortar, or an SC seller with an excellent track record.

BW

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take more care next time.