closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moser on Rubber B Swim Skin Cuff

Master

Moser on Rubber B Swim Skin Cuff

Thought I’d try something a bit rugged on my Pioneer Center Seconds. There’s a lot of strap going on, but I like it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to like it - it’s a bit like a different interpretation of the bespoke GGB straps, but with more going on.

I imagine how well the strap sits on the wrist will depend on the lug to lug length, between the springbar Position. E.g. two watches, both with the same lug width may have quite different L2L.

What I think would definitely look good is a fully fitted end rubber strap, rather than the usual Pioneer rubber.

Master
    It would have to be a blue croc strap for me on such a nice dressy watch.

Blog Entries
    Sorry mate but not for me it’s the type of watch that IMO requires something a lot classier as mentioned an up market blue croc maybe? Moser and rubber not in the same breath but this the real beauty of our little hobby we can and should please ourselves.
    Stay safe back in my old hometown.
    Last edited by mart broad; 4th June 2020 at 15:03.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    I'm struggling to see the point or advantage of this arrangement - can someone enlighten me??

Doesn't work for me. Lovely watch, but the strap is just wrong on it IMHO
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I'm struggling to see the point or advantage of this arrangement - can someone enlighten me??
    +1, I don't get the point.

Sorry gladders, this is a bit weird of a setup.

I'm not convinced it goes with that watch (which is a stunner) but to each their own.

I don't understand why there's a quadruple layer of strap material on the underside of the wrist though?

Journeyman
    I don't think it's quite 'right' for my tastes but dislike it less than others seem to. I have a fondness for exceptional watches dressed down with less flashy straps.

If you have one it could be interesting to see a less zoomed in shot. In the current set of pics the strap utterly dominates to view, the impact might be reduced if we saw a head on with full dial in view, giving a more natural perspective as would be seen on the wrist. Or just a wrist shot.

Master
    Here’s a less zoomed in shot. I’m not 100% myself, but people on the FB Moser Owners Group seem to love it.

looks fine on that to me, its a "sports watch" so should be on a sportier strap.

I tried the black matte croc strap (which is off the pioneer PC), and it never looked right on it, so ended up in the spare parts bin.

Ye gods

Master
    I’m considering taking a scalpel to that strap to remove some of the internal cuff. I only have tiny wrists, so there’s a lot of overlap.

Simon

Craftsman
    It looks like it would be way too think on the wrist. All those layers...

I think you should have to submit an application form when buying a strap to show what you’re putting it on. An independent body can approve or deny purchases on the grounds of good taste. Denials will be issues alongside community service, or, in this case, hard jail time. Abroad. Maybe in Libya.

I’m still deeply confused by it - as far as I can see there’s a normal (?) strap on the outside with another Velcro strap inside that... why?

Simon

Craftsman
    Put it on a nice Kudo and its job done!

I like this as something to try for a few days or a weekend BBQ or something, it’s different but it works. Longer term it probably wouldn’t be the strap I’d have it on

Love the watch though

Apprentice
    Colour looks good to me and the fabric really suits the sporty look of the Pioneer. Not sure about the different layers. What’s the plastic seal on the lug for?

Master
    Well, I’ve stick with it

I cut off a lot of the excess cuff and ludicrously long trail, and, despite the naysayers, I rather like this look.

There’s no plastic seal on the lugs, ChetBaker, could you be referring to the scalloped lugs?

This is my sub-6.5” wrist...

Sorry, no. Not for me. Far too elegant a watvch to put on a faux-butch cuff like that.
    And if you were going to, Gasgasbones is the person to get one from, not spend $300 with RubberB. Sorry, but no.
    Just my opinion, of course
    Dave