I have a Seiko sumo green dial and enjoy it, it's impressive for the money. Came on its bracelet which is good except for the clasp. I find the clasp is very long and with the divers extension at one end the inflexible chunk is too long. That is then a bit uncomfortable if doing energetic stuff as one end of of the clasp seems to dig in a bit. No problem I recently discovered seatbelt NATO straps, lovely soft feel, ideal for a diver, washable, lots of colours. So I bought 2 from George's straps, lovely. Although the extra height they add to the head not ideal on such a large watch as the sumo, otherwise all good.... Until the first time doing something more energetic and the weave tears wind m around the buckle pin despite the good quality buckle, flat wide pin and heat sealed wedges to the fabric. Hmm, maybe its an odd failure so contact George who agrees to replace and I pop a second one on.... Only for that to fail the same way just as quickly.
Hmmmm. Maybe a bad batch or maybe the heavy watch head is just too much weight or maybe George's seatbelt NATOs aren't quite as good as of thought. Not sure. I've had no trouble with a pelagos on one.

So I'm now considering....a different brand of seat belt? Or a two piece cordura or sail cloth canvas maybe. Hmmm.
While thinking I shoved the sumo on a tan buck leather....oooo, that feels comfy and looks good... But I'd better not get it wet or dirty. Still makes me think leather..... How waterproof is shark really? A Green shark could look amazing.

Or there's rubber. Hmm, tried the pelagos on a cheap rubber and found it sweaty by the end of the day so took it off again.

I'm after suggestions on type and source of strap. Ideally a green to match the dial, waterproof, washable, robust and yet comfy. I want to keep costs down while experimenting, have been paying £10-12, maybe ought to pay more.
Ideas?