closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSSD Owners - Opinions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Lovely collection and indeed good company indeed. My likely trio will end up being 114060, 126600 and 126660 D-Blue. I would be ditching the BLNR to make way for the D-Blue although it's the most comfortable Rolex I own. I don't like the PCLs, never use the GMT (it just makes setting the date harder) and overall I think it's a bit flash for me. Or maybe I'm just convincing myself of anything to get a new watch. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Cheers buddy and agree with you on the BLNR I only wear mine indoors when I on the rare occasion have everything off deposit and back home together.

Good luck and I am positive you will have fun with that trio.

Pitch

Craftsman
    You have to live with a DB 126660 to get it IMHO, it doesn't help that it photographs terribly with the compression ring "original gas escape valve" always showing up.

It must be a trick of the domed crystal is it just isn't noticeable when wearing.

I swapped mine for a Sub Anniversary to go with my SD Anniversary but I really miss it.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I loved mine. The 126660 has very much improved the balance of them from the 166600.
    If I were to get another ceramic it would be the new Cameron.
    I preferred it to the sd43 by quite a long shot.

Master
    I'm so excited for the shops to reopen! I'm a staid civil servant who won't see 50 again but I seem to have been taken over by a hyperactive spaniel who's off his head on e-numbers & Skittles...

Ok I think my mind is made up and I'm to go back on the list. Frustrating as I was just offered one during lockdown and went for the SD43 instead whereas if I had my act together I could have taken both. Thank you to everyone for your comments.

Master
    Ok I think my mind is made up and I'm to go back on the list. Frustrating as I was just offered one during lockdown and went for the SD43 instead whereas if I had my act together I could have taken both. Thank you to everyone for your comments.
    Good luck, hope you get one soon.

Master
    Good luck, am sure you will get hold of one soon...enjoy the 43 in the meantime!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Also posted on the Friday thread, but this one inspired me to get mine out of the safe and wear it yesterday

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Also posted on the Friday thread, but this one inspired me to get mine out of the safe and wear it yesterday
    What a beauty!

Craftsman
    Did you get the Anniversary edition?

Blog Entries
    I have only put my JC on to wear indoors but I’m getting it home, it needs some wrist time.

Honestly I really cannot see the struggle with these fantastic watches and wearing my black as a daily it remains in remarkable condition with no dinks or dings.

Pitch

Just put my JC on rubber and is eminently wearable.

upload your pictures online

Quote Originally Posted by Cypjon View Post
    Did you get the Anniversary edition?
    Pick it up next Friday, paid in April.

Master
    Pick it up next Friday, paid in April.
    Envy is raging! How slowly is the coming week going to drag for you?
    Seriously, congratulations, hopefully I'll not be too far behind you.
    Are you getting everything, stickers, bezel guard, tags & warranty?

Master
    I have tried the DSSD on a couple of straps, each of which I like, but the bracelet is still the default option imho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Envy is raging! How slowly is the coming week going to drag for you?
    Seriously, congratulations, hopefully I'll not be too far behind you.
    Are you getting everything, stickers, bezel guard, tags & warranty?
    I hope I'm getting the tags and warranty card! No idea about the rest. I've emailed them to say if it's easier/quicker due to COVID-19 I'm happy for them to size the watch and remove the diver's ext link before I collect. I would like the bezel protector but not precious about stickers or who peels them. If anything I'm hoping to get the new style warranty card but even if I do that will just be fun to look at for 5 mins then stay in the box never to be seen again.

Master
    I hope I'm getting the tags and warranty card! No idea about the rest. I've emailed them to say if it's easier/quicker due to COVID-19 I'm happy for them to size the watch and remove the diver's ext link before I collect. I would like the bezel protector but not precious about stickers or who peels them. If anything I'm hoping to get the new style warranty card but even if I do that will just be fun to look at for 5 mins then stay in the box never to be seen again.
    I'm a bit of a completionist, I want as much as I can get. Mind you, in an ideal world the amount we're spending would warrant champagne, dancing girls & a truckload of Rolex merchandise. I think we may dip out there...

Journeyman
    Just out of interest how long have people waited for a JC Deepsea at an AD I expect the waiting lists are a lot smaller than say a Sub ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    Just out of interest how long have people waited for a JC Deepsea at an AD I expect the waiting lists are a lot smaller than say a Sub ?
    Long enough that I forgot I was on it. Sub date will be one of the hardest I think due to it being the default sports model for most people, not sure on ND. From what I can gather the D-Blue is one of the harder ones.

Journeyman
    Long enough that I forgot I was on it. Sub date will be one of the hardest I think due to it being the default sports model for most people, not sure on ND. From what I can gather the D-Blue is one of the harder ones.
    I was told by my local AD the non date has less people on the waiting list but a longer waiting time as they get less non dates come into them .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    I was told by my local AD the non date has less people on the waiting list but a longer waiting time as they get less non dates come into them .
    I've bought two in the last few years, one for my FIL and one for me. FIL's from an AD with previous Rolex spend with an 18 month wait, regularly checking in. Mine in 4 or 5 months from a different AD with no previous spend. I've bought three from that AD so far and haven't spent with the other since. Seems to be a mix of luck and finding a good AD (which is also luck).

Master
    I asked for one in February, reconfirmed in May and was told that it would be only a matter of weeks. It was implied that the stock was likely to be available & that it depended on whether anyone else was waiting for the same piece since before February.
    I was straight up told that previous purchase history & being a cash buyer worked in my favour & it was hinted that the uncertainty of the times & a potential lack of buyers right now would also help.

Journeyman
    I've bought two in the last few years, one for my FIL and one for me. FIL's from an AD with previous Rolex spend with an 18 month wait, regularly checking in. Mine in 4 or 5 months from a different AD with no previous spend. I've bought three from that AD so far and haven't spent with the other since. Seems to be a mix of luck and finding a good AD (which is also luck).
    I contacted a couple independent AD's over the lockdown just via email not expected anything back and both called me up and invited me in to have a look at a few watches. The bigger mainstream AD's haven't responded and the one I went into at the start of the year wasn't interested in selling me anything .

I had the SD43 too but like others here I found the JC DSSD much more interesting, considering it’s water resistant to 3900m ( tested to 5000m by Rolex) I think it’s an incredible feat of engineering that it’s as comfortably wearable as it is and knowing how popular dive watches are in general I’m actually surprised it’s not more popular than it already is.

Having turned down the D-Blue in favour of the SD43 due to thickness concerns I guess I was looking for validation, perhaps, in starting this thread. Boy does that teach me.

I'm picking up the SD43 on Friday and am now back on the list for the D-Blue -- presumably last. Hopefully I will get the call again at some point and can pair the two together. One won't go for the other.

To round this thread off I managed to picked up a D-Blue from an AD a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. You need some good light to show the dial in it's full glory but I'm thrilled with it.

I've spent the last few weeks alternating with the SD43 and feel they are different enough and actually compliment eachother well.

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement. I always thought people were kidding themselves when talking about how well the DSSD manages it's weight and that you don't notice the size. Now I'm one of them!

Master
    To round this thread off I managed to picked up a D-Blue from an AD a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. You need some good light to show the dial in it's full glory but I'm thrilled with it.

I've spent the last few weeks alternating with the SD43 and feel they are different enough and actually compliment eachother well.

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement. I always thought people were kidding themselves when talking about how well the DSSD manages it's weight and that you don't notice the size. Now I'm one of them!
    What a beauty! I've had mine a month now & still love looking at it. I've worn it every day & it's getting dirty looks from the other watches in the box...