closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn EZM13 but only better

Sinn EZM13 but only better

Only a short video about a dial idea I've had for the EZM13 which I think looks there better

https://youtu.be/i92PbNeI3YI

Love Sinns as I do, the EZM13 is probably never going to be on my Wants List. Ignoring that irrelevance, your suggested changes look immediately better. I'd also grey-out the running-seconds hand while I was at it.

All that said, can we just have the EZM 1.1 back - it's a look clearly intended for a center-minutes chronograph, and that was the perfect size at 43mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    All that said, can we just have the EZM 1.1 back - it's a look clearly intended for a center-minutes chronograph, and that was the perfect size but sadly too big at 43mm.
    Fixed :)

I agree with the OP, the numerals need to go, a la 3F, a great improvement on the 3. Allez le 13F!
    It's interesting that the 1.1 was made bigger than the 1, for no technnical benefit (the 7750 is no larger than the 5100), just because they wanted it so.

For various reasons, the 1.1 was a bit of a failure, and won't be coming back, I am sure.
    The 1 sold well as one of Sinn's most expensive watches back in the day (over 3000 made in about 7 years), the 1 LE of 250 sold well, and immediately traded at a premium.

Sinn massively upped the price for the 1.1 and they hung around in dealers for way too long, considering that they too were a (less) Limited Edition of 500 - they could be bought new from ADs more than a year after release. That is not a success in anyone's book.
    The 1.1s do not really trade at a premium, so are not as well regarded as the original.
    Then Damasko came along and offered the DC80, which is 95% of the EZM1.1 for about half the price.
    Sinn won't be doing any more.
    I would love them to, but they won't offer the 1 either.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Fixed :)
    Shush you - the 1.0 was 39mm iirc - so the sparrow-wristed are (were *sob*) catered for...

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I agree with the OP, the numerals need to go, a la 3F, a great improvement on the 3. Allez le 13F!
    It's interesting that the 1.1 was made bigger than the 1, for no technnical benefit (the 7750 is no larger than the 5100), just because they wanted it so.

For various reasons, the 1.1 was a bit of a failure, and won't be coming back, I am sure.
    The 1 sold well as one of Sinn's most expensive watches back in the day (over 3000 made in about 7 years), the 1 LE of 250 sold well, and immediately traded at a premium.

Sinn massively upped the price for the 1.1 and they hung around in dealers for way too long, considering that they too were a (less) Limited Edition of 500 - they could be bought new from ADs more than a year after release. That is not a success in anyone's book.
    The 1.1s do not really trade at a premium, so are not as well regarded as the original.
    Then Damasko came along and offered the DC80, which is 95% of the EZM1.1 for about half the price.
    Sinn won't be doing any more.
    I would love them to, but they won't offer the 1 either.

Dave
    Made me look dammit, and yep, even now, there are dealers with new full set watches available! Shame they got greedy, but then again the demise of the Lemania 5100 will have made it an expensive thing to do in small numbers, and a left-hooker will never sell the numbers they needed... Mind, even at £5K it's a helluva watch for the price of a dreary beginners' Rolex...

Shush you - the 1.0 was 39mm iirc - so the sparrow-wristed are (were *sob*) catered for...

Made me look dammit, and yep, even now, there are dealers with new full set watches available! Shame they got greedy, but then again the demise of the Lemania 5100 will have made it an expensive thing to do in small numbers, and a left-hooker will never sell the numbers they needed... Mind, even at £5K it's a helluva watch for the price of a dreary beginners' Rolex...
    My EZM1 Le is 40mm as were the standard ones

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    My EZM1 Le is 40mm as were the standard ones

Don't care / do want / dammit!

Don't care / do want / dammit!
    This won't help then :)

This won't help then :)
    There's a new #1 on my hate list - GAH!

(...aaaand it's definitely not the watch! )

What make is the velcro strap on that? It looks really neat.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    What make is the velcro strap on that? It looks really neat.
    Its a Gasgasbones strap its really comfy and gives it a true tool watch look