closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Insuring Watch During Shipping from the US to the UK

Insuring Watch During Shipping from the US to the UK

Afternoon all,

I have a watch that I have my eye on but the seller is unable to post it to me as no-one is able to to insure the package to the value of 6k.

I realise the majority of our members are UK based but I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on how to make this possible?

Thanks,

It is a complete minefield tbh, I purchased a 1675 from the states many years ago and had to return it as it wasn’t a good example, it was a nightmare!!

Most insurance companies will insurance jewellery but not watches, Rolex being a particular problem.

My advice is to go and get it yourself or find some your trust that is going stateside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice and unfortunately it’s the wrong time to be flying around the world sourcing watches!

Master
    You could always try the forum search function I believe a number of threads have discussed the postal insurance conundrum previously...

Infosure.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    You could always try the forum search function I believe a number of threads have discussed the postal insurance conundrum previously...
    +1 (There are a number of options available. ). However, the seller has to insure it - it’s there responsibility - you don’t own it until you receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Thanks but the threads generally concern shipping from the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Infosure.

R
    That should do the trick, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    +1 (There are a number of options available. ). However, the seller has to insure it - it’s there responsibility - you don’t own it until you receive it.
    Thanks for the info, was wanting to do a bit of my own ground work otherwise it would have been a non starter. The things we do for watches 😊