closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex waiting list time

Journeyman

Rolex waiting list time

Hi I'm new to the forum and bought my first luxury watch early this year (Seamaster 300m).

I would really like a Rolex which iv always wanted but refuse to pay over retail I know all about the waiting lists etc but would like to know out of the below which are the most obtainable and how long would you expect to wait from an AD.

126711CHNR
    116610LV
    126710BLNR

I think iv put them in the correct order but when i spoke to an AD a couple months ago I was advised the sub non date would be a similar waiting time as the LV approx. 18-24 months which I'm on a waiting list for.

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I don't think we've got anyone that works at an AD that is active on the forum, so your guess is as good as anyones...this thread might help:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?470040-Anyone-had-THE-call

Blog Entries
    Hello we have a few resellers here who could help you out but you don’t want to pay over retail so maybe not best ring a few retailers who can give you an idea - see thread above.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st June 2020 at 16:16.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Welcome to the forum Mike.

I don't think we've got anyone that works at an AD that is active on the forum, so your guess is as good as anyones...this thread might help:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?470040-Anyone-had-THE-call
    Thanks iv been keeping an eye on this and sounds like the SD43 is pretty obtainable at the moment.

Master
    Every watch on your ‘want’ list sells on the used marker for above retail. Or, to put it another way, retail is , in market terms, a discounted price. And that is a key reason for the waiting lists.....the less the potential profit, the shorter the list.
    Do you really want to get into all that? Once the issue is profit rather than the pleasure of the watch itself, a lot of the fun drains from the hobby.
    As for the SD 43 being ‘pretty obtainable.’ Good Luck with that.....
    Last edited by paskinner; 1st June 2020 at 16:42.

Journeyman
    I'm happy to wait I just cant bring myself to pay over retail just to get a watch quicker.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1988 View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum and bought my first luxury watch early this year (Seamaster 300m).

I would really like a Rolex which iv always wanted but refuse to pay over retail I know all about the waiting lists etc but would like to know out of the below which are the most obtainable and how long would you expect to wait from an AD.

126711CHNR
    116610LV
    126710BLNR

I think iv put them in the correct order but when i spoke to an AD a couple months ago I was advised the sub non date would be a similar waiting time as the LV approx. 18-24 months which I'm on a waiting list for.
    Don’t know how long you have to wait for each, but in order of most obtainable to rare:

114060 and 126711CHNR
    126710BLNR
    116610LV

The 126600, 114060 and 126711CHNR are potentially available to walk-in customers if you are lucky. But not the BLNR and the LV.

Rolex waiting list time

Hi Mike,

I am new to the forum too. I got a sub no date last year in May from the Brighton WOS in 6 months. Have been on a list at the Chester Mappin and Webb for a couple of years for an LV but haven’t bought from there before, likely a never going to happen.

Mappin and Webb in Cambridge have a Sea dweller (126603), bi metallic in stock. Not my thing. Have bought a number from here and on the list for a GMT, will certainly post if that materialises.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    when i spoke to an AD a couple months ago I was advised the sub non date would be a similar waiting time as the LV approx. 18-24 months which I'm on a waiting list for.
    I think he was yanking your chain. For reasons which I don't understand, the LV is hugely in demand and I would have thought it was one of those 'sometime never' pieces unless you are a big spender and/or very well in with an AD.

Master
    I'm happy to wait I just cant bring myself to pay over retail just to get a watch quicker.
    I'm absolutely with you but (unless things are changing as a result of the virus related economic downturn) it's not a case of get a watch quicker (at list) so much as get a watch ever (at list), I would have thought from personal experience as well as what i have read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    As for the SD 43 being ‘pretty obtainable.’ Good Luck with that.....
    First time I've seen that said but who knows?

Good luck, it’s not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks iv been keeping an eye on this and sounds like the SD43 is pretty obtainable at the moment.
    I think this is a stretch a little. I was offered one along with a few other things, but that was because someone did not go through with it. I do not think it is available currently. I am keeping with my explorer that i have to pay for by Friday unless i can source anything more interesting.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I think this is a stretch a little. I was offered one along with a few other things, but that was because someone did not go through with it. I do not think it is available currently. I am keeping with my explorer that i have to pay for by Friday unless i can source anything more interesting.
    Sorry I meant obtainable compared to the the others on my list. Seems like a few people are getting offered this watch as an alternative.

Genuinely there is no such thing as a list at most places, just 'expressions of interest' and they might call you, they might not, they might even be as bold as to suggest you spend a load of money on things you don't want to help you get the things you do want.

Good luck but do try to just go on a list at one AD only and keep in contact. You will have more luck with the Sub or CHNR than anything else on that list but that's not to say you'll get either anytime soon.

it isn't always down to being "happy to wait". Many people are waiting on lists and will never see watches. Some are on that waiting list that you never get to the top of.

Purchase history and being an established customer certainly helps. If you have zero purchase history and are unknown to the AD your chances are extremely slim.

However I would certainly try. From your list, I would maybe avoid 116610LV and 126710BLNR and go for 114060/CHNR/Sea-Dweller. However I do not recommend going in with a "list" of options.

Good luck

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    it isn't always down to being "happy to wait". Many people are waiting on lists and will never see watches. Some are on that waiting list that you never get to the top of.

Purchase history and being an established customer certainly helps. If you have zero purchase history and are unknown to the AD your chances are extremely slim.

However I would certainly try. From your list, I would maybe avoid 116610LV and 126710BLNR and go for 114060/CHNR/Sea-Dweller. However I do not recommend going in with a "list" of options.

Good luck
    Thanks for the advice . My plan is to go into the AD's once they are open and put my name down for 1 watch but just trying to get an idea of what I have the best chance of getting.
    Last edited by Mike1988; 4th May 2021 at 22:28.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think that's the best advice you can get.

If you say you want a list of options, all of which are hard to get, they might think you are trying to profit.

I asked a few dealers for a 114060 and was waiting a few months.

I was eventually offered a 116610LN but I explained I didn't want a cyclops model. Within a week they got me one.

Forgive my naïveté, but is it worth simply going into the AD and telling them which watches you’re interested in, and finding out which you have the greatest chance of getting?

Master
    Compared to the Submariner & Sea Dweller etc, how sought after is the 126660 James Cameron?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Compared to the Submariner & Sea Dweller etc, how sought after is the 126660 James Cameron?
    Harder to get

Craftsman
    I don't think anyne knows until WOS group opens up again on the 15th.

They are answering theirs emails, so you could try emailing them to ask how long the wait list is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    I don't think anyne knows until WOS group opens up again on the 15th.

They are answering theirs emails, so you could try emailing them to ask how long the wait list is.
    Then I'll just have to hope the sales guy was telling the truth...

Craftsman
    Without sounding condescending (which it will anyway!) go in and order the one you actually want, would be my advice.

You have a pretty big list so make sure you are buying the watch for the right reasons. Don't just buy the quickest available because you "want a Rolex"

Ask yourself which model speaks to you, why do you want it etc? Without answering those questions you might ultimately end up not really liking your Rolex.

Sorry if that sounds rude, it was not my intention.

Yeah, going in with a list of any of the following five hype models won't do you any favours.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Without sounding condescending (which it will anyway!) go in and order the one you actually want, would be my advice.

You have a pretty big list so make sure you are buying the watch for the right reasons. Don't just buy the quickest available because you "want a Rolex"

Ask yourself which model speaks to you, why do you want it etc? Without answering those questions you might ultimately end up not really liking your Rolex.

Not a problem thanks for your comment. I have no intention of going in with a list as I'm sure that will put me on the back foot with the AD I'm just looking at the moment what would be the easiest to get first as id like to get at least a couple of them from my dream list overtime.

The sub is a watch iv always wanted and the SD43 id always over looked as I was always under the impression this was a harder watch to get but seems this may not be the case (please correct me if I'm wrong) I think the SD43 would suit me better as I have a large frame 6'6" and just over 8"inch wrist.

Not a problem thanks for your comment. I have no intention of going in with a list as I'm sure that will put me on the back foot with the AD I'm just looking at the moment what would be the easiest to get first as id like to get at least a couple of them from my dream list overtime.

The sub is a watch iv always wanted and the SD43 id always over looked as I was always under the impression this was a harder watch to get but seems this may not be the case (please correct me if I'm wrong) I think the SD43 would suit me better as I have a large frame 6'6" and just over 8"inch wrist.
    Yip, with such a big wrist it sounds like the SD43 might be perfect for you. Go for the one you really want over what may be marginally easier to get regarding the Sub vs SD43.

Craftsman

Sounds like the SD43 would be a great fit! I'd love one but at 5,11 and 6.75" wrist it does not fit me (personal tastes). If you want to buy multiples then I think it's worth while going into your local and having an open chat with them. Let them know you are an enthusiast and start building a bit of a rapport. A lot of people don't like to play that game but the market dictates you need to do that if you dont want to go grey!

Good luck with it, FWIW the 114060 is lovely and a great starting point.

Journeyman
    Sounds like the SD43 would be a great fit! I'd love one but at 5,11 and 6.75" wrist it does not fit me (personal tastes). If you want to buy multiples then I think it's worth while going into your local and having an open chat with them. Let them know you are an enthusiast and start building a bit of a rapport. A lot of people don't like to play that game but the market dictates you need to do that if you dont want to go grey!

Good luck with it, FWIW the 114060 is lovely and a great starting point.
    I have approached a few dealers over the lockdown just via email and all have been regarding the 114060 the big chains haven't replied to me but two smaller independent dealers actually called me and invited me in once the lockdown was over so think they will be my best chance.

I agree with the others. SD43 sounds like a perfect fit for you.
    Good luck, I really hope you get one.

Journeyman
    I'm really starting to think now that the SD43 is going to be the one for me . Having such a large wrist and my current Seamaster being 42mm anything smaller may look and feel odd
    Last edited by Mike1988; 5th May 2021 at 11:15.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Assuming you have the latest Omega 300m Calibre 8800 METAS cerified, this watch is technically better than a Rolex movement.
    To list the models expecting an average wait time is an absurd proposition. Put simply it's the roll of a dice whether or when you will get the model your after. As Sub owner myself I would stick with the Seamaster.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Hasn't the SD43 got the newer Rolex movement ? not sure how that compares to the Calibre 8800 movement

Hi Mike

For what it's worth that Omega Seamaster is a better watch than the Rolex Sub. I've owned both. Of course if you want a Sub because you've always wanted one, iconic design etc than that's totally understandable, but just bear in mind the watch you already have is superior. Better finishing, better movement (unless they've upgraded the Sub to the new movement that's in the DJ41), more complex dial. Bezel is better on the Sub although on mine had a tendency to move when I didn't want it to (when on the wrist) whereas the Seamaster bezel I found quite hard to grip but then again at least it won't move unintentionally. I'm not even sure the Sub clasp is superior to the Omega one any more TBH.

If you want a real cutting edge Rolex Diver then the Deepsea is noticeably superior. Amazing clasp.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Hi Mike

For what it's worth that Omega Seamaster is a better watch than the Rolex Sub. I've owned both. Of course if you want a Sub because you've always wanted one, iconic design etc than that's totally understandable, but just bear in mind the watch you already have is superior. Better finishing, better movement (unless they've upgraded the Sub to the new movement that's in the DJ41), more complex dial. Bezel is better on the Sub although on mine had a tendency to move when I didn't want it to (when on the wrist) whereas the Seamaster bezel I found quite hard to grip but then again at least it won't move unintentionally. I'm not even sure the Sub clasp is superior to the Omega one any more TBH.

If you want a real cutting edge Rolex Diver then the Deepsea is noticeably superior. Amazing clasp.
    I'm waiting on a Deep Sea, really hoping it's going to be as good as it looks. The dial being the same size as the Submariner is a bit of a disappointment, the quality of the bracelet, clasp, case & 3235 movement are definite incentives.

I'm waiting on a Deep Sea, really hoping it's going to be as good as it looks. The dial being the same size as the Submariner is a bit of a disappointment, the quality of the bracelet, clasp, case & 3235 movement are definite incentives.
    Ooh congrats. Yes the Deepsea is definitely a step up - very classy watch with a lot of cool engineering. New model is IMHO better proportioned with how the bracelet tapers. Best clasp ever too although I fiddled so much with the ratchet lever in meetings I think I must have been distracting people! :)

Journeyman
    How long have you been waiting so far also what dealer did you got to as iv noticed your only in Maidstone which is close to me.

Master
    How long have you been waiting so far also what dealer did you got to as iv noticed your only in Maidstone which is close to me.
    I live in Maidstone but I work in London - my nearest AD is Mappin & Webb on Fenchurch Street but I also know a guy who was working at that store & is now at WoS.
    I started the process in February & I hope to get the call shortly after the stores open.
    Maidstone doesn't have a Rolex AD since Fraser Hart lost the AD status.

Master
    Ooh congrats. Yes the Deepsea is definitely a step up - very classy watch with a lot of cool engineering. New model is IMHO better proportioned with how the bracelet tapers. Best clasp ever too although I fiddled so much with the ratchet lever in meetings I think I must have been distracting people! :)
    That would be me too! How do you find the dial size? Does it look or feel small in the big case?

That would be me too! How do you find the dial size? Does it look or feel small in the big case?
    No it doesn't and actually how it looks in the metal is very different from pics. In real lidìfe the rehaut seems to blend away and the watch is definitely think but not noticeably bigger than a Planet Ocean for example. Dial doesn't look small at all. Lugs help it sit nicely on the wrist and the bracelet tapers down quite nicely so it isn't really a 'big watch' unless you have 6 inch wrists. It is pretty heavy but that's what you get with that level of WR.

I did find as the case was taller than a Sub that it could be a bit of a 'ding magnet' so just take care to not knock it into doors etc

Master
    No it doesn't and actually how it looks in the metal is very different from pics. In real lidìfe the rehaut seems to blend away and the watch is definitely think but not noticeably bigger than a Planet Ocean for example. Dial doesn't look small at all. Lugs help it sit nicely on the wrist and the bracelet tapers down quite nicely so it isn't really a 'big watch' unless you have 6 inch wrists. It is pretty heavy but that's what you get with that level of WR.

I did find as the case was taller than a Sub that it could be a bit of a 'ding magnet' so just take care to not knock it into doors etc
    That's really reassuring. I was worried about the proportions & of course I won't be able to see it until I get to the store. I tried a Sub some time ago & found the dial small & cramped looking compared to the 30mm dial on my 41mm Seamaster 2254.
    When Rolex told me that the 126660 dial was the same size I was worried it would look even smaller in a 44mm case but I'm glad that's not so...

Journeyman

126711CHNR
    116610LV
    126710BLNR

Hi, I'm also new to the forum. Thanks for posting, this is a great topic. I bought my first luxury watch, a Speedy Moonwatch Professional a couple of years ago now.

If there are waiting lists for Rolex's, how do the Airport / Duty Free shops work then?

Journeyman

I completely agree with this sentiment. Although I am new to the forum when I was trying to decide on what to buy, someone who is also a member on here gave me a great bit of advice to buy what you want - The enjoyment I have had from my Speedy every day since has proved him right. That's not to say I wouldn't have had enjoyment from another watch, but I bought it because it was what I truly wanted.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf1982 View Post
    Hi, I'm also new to the forum. Thanks for posting, this is a great topic. I bought my first luxury watch, a Speedy Moonwatch Professional a couple of years ago now.

If there are waiting lists for Rolex's, how do the Airport / Duty Free shops work then?
    I believe the Airports / Duty Free shops is just luck if you happen to come through when they have a delivery you can have it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf1982 View Post
    I completely agree with this sentiment. Although I am new to the forum when I was trying to decide on what to buy, someone who is also a member on here gave me a great bit of advice to buy what you want - The enjoyment I have had from my Speedy every day since has proved him right. That's not to say I wouldn't have had enjoyment from another watch, but I bought it because it was what I truly wanted.
    I've tried on a SD43 now and got my name on a list for this watch . I love the Sub LV and others on the list but the size doesn't suit me and wouldn't want a watch smaller than 42mm I may look at the Explorer II next year as the rumours are this will change then. My advice would be go to a local independent dealer the ones I have contacted have been more helpful and more likely to put you on an actual list.
    Last edited by Mike1988; 3rd May 2021 at 21:41.

Journeyman
    I believe the Airports / Duty Free shops is just luck if you happen to come through when they have a delivery you can have it.
    Wow - that would be very lucky. Skipping the waiting list and getting it VAT free!

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried on a SD43 now and got my name on a list for this watch . I love the Sub LV and others on the list but the size doesn't suit me and wouldn't want a watch smaller than 42mm I may look at the Explorer II next year as the rumours are this will change then. My advise would be go to a local independent dealer the ones I have contacted have been more helpful and more likely to put you on an actual list.
    Good luck Mike!

Journeyman
    Update.

I got the call back in December so now own a SD43.

Congratulations! Your patience worked out.
    Did you pay full retail price, or did you manage to get a discount?
    Last edited by noms2000; 5th May 2021 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by noms2000 View Post
    Discount on virtually anything Rolex is now a thing of the past.
    They definitely don’t need to offer discount on an SD43. Retail is good going these days.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by noms2000 View Post
    RRP think they would've laughed at me if I asked for a discount.

When I put my name down I was told it would take around 18 months but a couple people on the list before me turned it down and apparently they only get 3-4 SD43's come in each year.

Journeyman
    [IMG][/IMG]

Master
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Very nice! I got my James Cameron on July 31st last year. We've both done very well I reckon.