closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WoS and Beaverbrooks reopens 15th June

Craftsman

WoS and Beaverbrooks reopens 15th June

https://www.watchpro.com/watches-of-...en-on-june-15/

Apologies if this has been posted - anyone trying their luck on day 1 walking in and asking for a ceramic Daytona? :)

Apprentice
    They won’t be open for public to walk in as it will be on appointment basis only.

My AD is doing two appointments per hour, one for Rolex and another for non Rolex so it could be jewellery or non Rolex brand watches.

I’m collecting my Daytona from them in the first week of opening but couldn’t get an appointment for the first few days so I imagine they will be booked up for a while specially if social distancing rules do not change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post

Apologies if this has been posted - anyone trying their luck on day 1 walking in and asking for a ceramic Daytona? :)
    Lol I wouldn’t bother

Excellent. Any word on Rolex reopening yet. My watch is in for service with an accredited independent and they are waiting for Rolex to reopen in order to take delivery of their orders of parts etc. They thought as soon as the retailers start up again, Rolex would also need to be functioning as well.

Fingers crossed.

RSC Kings Hill has reopened but with fewer staff as some working from home.

I spoke to them this morning and sent my watch to them for regulation.

They will quarantine it for three days on arrival though.

No longer wealthy enough to be interested in Rolex but for other brands I'm hoping some of the main ADs in the UK plus secondhand dealers like WF have some decent sales at some point this year.

Master
    I'm hoping for a call from WoS, I asked about a piece in February and I've kept in touch with my contact in the meantime. He has said that once they reopen he'll be in touch with an appointment as soon as the piece is available (depending on how many they get & how many others are waiting - he implied that it would not be likely to be an inordinately long time).

Got told by AD that due to less staff at Rolex service centres they are going to be concentrating on good customers watches I.e. big spenders.These customers will be recommended by the AD.Not only can you not buy the watch you also cannot get it serviced.P.S I may have made this up.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Well, looks like someone who got a Rolex call for a stainless sports but rejected the required downpayment won't be sleeping well for days...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lexminute View Post
    Well, looks like someone who got a Rolex call for a stainless sports but rejected the required downpayment won't be sleeping well for days...
    Would be interesting to observe how many sports models they’ve sold during the lockdown. Pretty much all customers walking into the AD the first few days will be collecting sports models 😂

Master
    Would be interesting to observe how many sports models they’ve sold during the lockdown. Pretty much all customers walking into the AD the first few days will be collecting sports models 😂
    I was told I could pay a 100% deposit & collect from the store on day 1 or get a call from the store when my piece was in. It was implied that it wouldn't be long if I chose that route, which I did. So now we wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I was told I could pay a 100% deposit & collect from the store on day 1 or get a call from the store when my piece was in. It was implied that it wouldn't be long if I chose that route, which I did. So now we wait...
    I have also been told by my local AD manager that it would likely be a couple of month and “definitely” before the end of the year.

As you say, we wait....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Excellent. Any word on Rolex reopening yet. My watch is in for service with an accredited independent and they are waiting for Rolex to reopen in order to take delivery of their orders of parts etc. They thought as soon as the retailers start up again, Rolex would also need to be functioning as well.

Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Got told by AD that due to less staff at Rolex service centres they are going to be concentrating on good customers watches I.e. big spenders.These customers will be recommended by the AD.Not only can you not buy the watch you also cannot get it serviced.P.S I may have made this up.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
    Well the Rolex distribution of spares to their accredited repairers has commenced again, which is good news. I 'got the call' on Thursday that the service on my SD was complete and that the watch was now on final testing. Should hopefully get it back this week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    I have also been told by my local AD manager that it would likely be a couple of month and “definitely” before the end of the year.

As you say, we wait....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I was told it would be "a matter of weeks". I expressed my interest in February, confirming it in early May (&that I was paying cash, not finance). At that point I was told that it would be "a matter of weeks".
    What I wasn't told was how many weeks, after all, wait 52 weeks & it's been a year.
    The implication was that if they had received one during lockdown (apparently deliveries, including SS models, have continued, albeit in a less frequent way) & if no one was ahead of me, I could have it. If not then I'll get the next one.
    What he couldn't say, because he didn't know at that time, was what stock there was & who was waiting for what pieces.
    What he did say was that he didn't think that I'd be waiting long & that because I'd bought from him before (DJ41 last year) I'd got purchase history which was good.
    The wait goes on...

Craftsman

Nope, but it would be nice 👍 Like others have said, it’s appointment only, and will be for sometime.

Apprentice
    Decent price on the G-Shock Rangeman, but I’d like it to be a little better! Anyone know of any extra discounts for Beaverbrooks?

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01195...SABEgKwCPD_BwE

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Decent price on the G-Shock Rangeman, but I’d like it to be a little better! Anyone know of any extra discounts for Beaverbrooks?

Not that good...i picked one up in the Ernest Jones sale last week for £399

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Not that good...i picked one up in the Ernest Jones sale last week for £399
    Yeah I saw! Congratulations. That is one reason I’m a bit loathe to pay even that discounted price. Hopefully it’ll shift down a bit further, can’t imagine it’ll get close to £399 though!

WoS and Beaverbrooks reopens 15th June

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post

Slightly cheaper (£569) here https://www.watcho.co.uk/Watches/G-S...&utm_source=ps

John Lewis had them at very good price - black version might have been even cheaper than EJ, can’t remember exact details. None left online but stores might still have clearance stock. Long shot but might be worth checking if nearby (Liverpool store has the black).
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 8th July 2020 at 23:07.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Slightly cheaper (£569) here https://www.watcho.co.uk/Watches/G-S...&utm_source=ps

John Lewis had them at very good price - black version might have been even cheaper than EJ, can’t remember exact details. None left online but stores might still have clearance stock. Long shot but might be worth checking if nearby (Liverpool store has the black).
    Thank you. I’ll definitely have a look.