closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Regimental Strap

Apprentice

Regimental Strap

Now then - hope you are well and surviving these strange times.

I was wondering what people thought about regimental watch straps being worn by blatantly non-military folk?

I’m quite interested in one of these:
    https://www.regimentalshop.com/colle...tchstrap-sport

I have picked it because of the colour not because I want people to mistake me as a Royal Marine! I live very close to a garrison town and haven’t considered a strap from one of those regiments in case I bump into an actual solider in Sainsbury’s....

The thing is I don’t want to look like a dick or some pretender. Are there any soldiers on here and what would you think if you saw someone in your regiment strap? Also does anyone have any experience of a sports strap from this shop?

Thanks for your time,

Joe
    Last edited by joebloggs; 31st May 2020 at 21:06. Reason: Punctuation

I’m not sure you’ll get many answers in this sub-forum so forgive one from someone who has never served in the military, but greatly respects those who have.

I think you’ll be fine.

Plenty of us have ex-military watches with variations of authentic straps. Loads of Natos get sold and worn by anyone and everyone.

There are some great looking straps on that site.

If you like it buy it

I'm ex-military and for me I find it strange to see people buying ex / associated military watches / accessories just for the supposed kudos of those items because of their military association.

However it's none of my business and if that's what people want then who am I to question them.

IMHO it's v unlikely that most RM's would notice a watch strap in RM colours let alone assume that anyone wearing one would be a "Royal". In my general experience most squaddies stay away from "pussers" kit unless they are attending a reunion or similar function. If they should see and recognise it then they may consider you a "Walt" but TBH you probably would not even be aware of their recognition.

In short if you like it, buy it and wear it because you like the design.

Apprentice

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me. I’ll dig out my debit card.

Kind regards

Joe