closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garden furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian1977 View Post
    My apologises, no harm intended , we have only been selling garden furniture since last year
    I should of worded this slightly better , trying new things as a family business during these hard times
    We have lots of rattan furniture that we import from Germany , offering different types of sets
    Www.blakesleys.com
    You lied in your first post, so yes, you could have worded it slightly better.

What other new things are you trying, other than telling blatant lies?

My apologises, no harm intended
    You're a scumbag

Wow
    If you go to google reviews etc it will show you we are a credible business
    Not very nice saying things like this
    Not very nice sending threats by private message either, is it? As I said, you're a scumbag.

And now banned.

Master
    And back on topic, it seems lots of companies have supply issues this year and are suggesting delivery in June!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    And back on topic, it seems lots of companies have supply issues this year and are suggesting delivery in June!
    I think this is the case with most furniture companies. I've had a sofa on order since Nov 20 which is finally being delivered next week. If you put the order in now for garden stuff, you may get it just in time when the weather starts getting a bit nicer

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Managed to order a Kettler set for delivery in April following the recommendations here.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Managed to order a Kettler set for delivery in April following the recommendations here.

Thanks all.
    Where from please?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Where from please?

Cambridge Home and Garden. They actually had some sets in stock when I looked previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Cambridge Home and Garden. They actually had some sets in stock when I looked previously.
    Thanks!

Master
    Seems it’s still the case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56357221

On Friday a friend tracked down a Kettler Elba Grande outdoor sofa and table and just need to arrange delivery this week.

Certainly not trying to hijack OP’s thread, but I’ve been looking for a good garden bench recently and got quite excited when I read about Kettler. After doing some searching last night, I cannot see any benches in stock from any of their retailers. Doesn’t anyone know where I may get some luck, or perhaps another manufacturer that comes highly recommended please?

Craftsman
    There is a massive shortage on garden furniture it seems. I spent a week on line tracking down what we wanted. In most cases you are pre-ordering for a shipment date in April / May. Ask though as some delivery drops are June. Also many sites say in stock and it isn’t. I worked through the manufacturer web site by each stockist in the UK checking to see what they had in, laborious.
    We ended up going with Life Outdoors as a brand which is great but expensive.
    Webb’s garden centre in Wychbold had it in stock with a delivery of April. We drove there, around an hour, and negotiated a 10% discount and free delivery. No assembly / white glove service offered unfortunately.
    For Ketter, try Garden4Less.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    slighlty OT but do you get much warmth off the fire pits with the glass covers as her indoors is trying to stop me buying one with it in as being a bit naff and not giving warmth out

Master
    In the end I went with this as was keen to have something for when others can come around for a coffee is the back garden https://jysk.co.uk/search?query=falk...uery&op=Search

Good value, quality won't be up there with say a Kettler but seems sturdy enough and the weave is not at all brittle, so good chance it will last a few years. Delivery took about 2 weeks

We got ours from Wayfair - https://www.wayfair.co.uk/garden/sb0...?prefetch=true

It arrived with a broken part though but because of supply issues (this was last year) they were saying three to four months for a replacement which would have been most of the summer, we opted to get a carpenter to repair for us. To be fair to wayfair they knocked £300 ish of the £1400 cost which more than covered the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post

For Ketter, try Garden4Less.

They're showing a delayed delivery as they've little or no stock. My friend who sourced my Kettler Sofa supplies most garden centres with stock and is struggling to satisfy the demand as container prices have increased exponentially from China.

The place I got my Elba corner sofa from had 2 more in stock at £1,399 if anyone's after one.

Anyone got the dining tables with the gas fire pits in the middle, wondering if it’s a waste of time or not.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    They're showing a delayed delivery as they've little or no stock. My friend who sourced my Kettler Sofa supplies most garden centres with stock and is struggling to satisfy the demand as container prices have increased exponentially from China.

The place I got my Elba corner sofa from had 2 more in stock at £1,399 if anyone's after one.
    A container that used to cost £1600 to ship from China is now reported to cost £7-10k

Dumb question but what do you do when it's rains and in the winter? Just leave it out but bring the cushions in?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Dumb question but what do you do when it's rains and in the winter? Just leave it out but bring the cushions in?
    We’ve left ours out all winter...hope they’re ok! They have had a cover on though.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I bring the cushions in when they're not in use but they're fairly hardy

Craftsman

Yes, I agree, we sourced our stuff from a garden centre in the end who had stock with a delay for delivery due to the level of demand. I did register interest with Garden4 Less as a back up and it seems quite dynamic with several notifications within a week to pre-order delivery in the next couple of months.

Master
    I'm also going to give these people a plug https://www.garden-goodies.co.uk/

I know you don't necessarily need covers for rattan furniture, but I came across them and the prices and service on their Bosmere covers was excellent. I have zero connection, just sharing as was stunned by how much cheaper some items were

We got the Elba table and six chairs last summer.

Has been out all winter and very pleased with the quality. My only reflections are that the cushions get too damp if left out in prolonged rain. I had to wash our covers and inserts in late November. The teak comes treated but you need to purchase their treatment stuff separately for a durable winter finish/protection.

As with everything, you get what you pay for.

Master
    In the end I went with this as was keen to have something for when others can come around for a coffee is the back garden https://jysk.co.uk/search?query=falk...uery&op=Search

Good value, quality won't be up there with say a Kettler but seems sturdy enough and the weave is not at all brittle, so good chance it will last a few years. Delivery took about 2 weeks
    Just to add I got these out of the packaging today for a first try out. Was actually impressed, quality seems solid and the recliners are super comfy and back on special offer, so worth a look if you are in the market

Kettler sofa assembled, will bring the coffee table outside when it warms up. Going to have a dwarf wall built behind the left hand side of the sofa to hide the meter boxes and manhole cover

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Craftsman
    I just pulled the trigger on this from maze as it is slightly friendlier on the wallet. Reviews seem to suggest that their products are well made so I hope it isn't any worse than kettler. Delivery is not until mid June so here's to hoping that there will still be enough summer left to enjoy by then!

https://mazeliving.co.uk/maze-rattan...g-table-grey-1

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on this from maze as it is slightly friendlier on the wallet. Reviews seem to suggest that their products are well made so I hope it isn't any worse than kettler. Delivery is not until mid June so here's to hoping that there will still be enough summer left to enjoy by then!

https://mazeliving.co.uk/maze-rattan...g-table-grey-1

Thanks for the link. Looking at these now as the kettler stuff seems to be sold out everywhere

Only a roof garden as space is a bit of a premium here… picture taken today:

The furniture gets left outside, including the base cushions, seemingly impervious to sun, snow and typhoons. It must be all at least 10 years old.

Master
    Out here in Spain the market is totally rattan. The word around here is to go for rattan that is of large round section as the flat rectangular section stuff tends to split in the sun after a couple of years. Also aluminium frames tend to be favoured.

The rattan I have at the front of the house is under cover in an open air veranda so it is both shaded and never rained on. This set is about 5 years old and looks brand new.

The second set is kept outside 24/365 on an open patio and is just 2 years of age. It is still looking good but it does require a lot more cleaning.

However I still think that genuine Teak is best for the UK market. You just leave it outside to weather and it will outlast your kids. I have a second hand bench seat that hails from the 1950s and it is still going strong. Also I think it just looks English garden if that makes sense.

I have a set of Teak chairs and recliners that I bought in the early eighties and they still look fine. However the dining table is Iroko ( 2nd class Teak) and it is beginning to show its age, so once again don't buy cheap as it never pays.