closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch bracelet protection tape

Master

Watch bracelet protection tape

Folks,

Does anyone know the sort of tape that is used on bracelets or clasps to protect them in shipping / after refinishing? You know the sort of stuff, transparent though, not blue.. Was wondering if I could get some anywhere, like Amazon (uk)?

Figured it’s not just a bit of sellotape 😂

Cling film works pretty well :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Cling film works pretty well :)
    It’s supposed to be for a gift, to replace the tape that was on it. Not sure the cling film will work :)

But I’m tempted to try! 🙈

Master
    This term seems to work but I can’t find any in the U.K. “Protective Film Tape for Watchband” weird.

Master
    Might have found it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VQYTY..._d8r0EbMD85JDG

Only took two hours. Dufus 😒

Search old threads. There are a few. I recall Magirus recommending some specific brand of tape that was supposed to be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll admit to having an obsession about keeping my watches in showroom condition. Literally, I don’t want to even see a microscratch on the bracelet.

I use zagg invisible shield mobile phone screen protectors. These are the old flexible film type (not glass) that you used to apply using a wet spray.

I buy the sizes no-one wants on ebay for obsolete mobile phones and then cut to size. The advantage of this over something like sellotape is that it sticks well but comes off easily with no residue. It even adheres well over clasps that aren’t totally flat (like Rolex clasps).

Master
    That must take some doing Christian, any photos at all of completed item and any work in progress?
    You could set yourself up as someone who wraps exotic cars

I use high temperature heat resistant tape, its used in sublimation products, (holding an image in place while it's pressed onto a ceramic mug etc.)

Very easy to work with, quite thick so offers a good amount of protection against slips and leaves no residue on removal.

Probably about 3 or 4 quid a roll.

Get some Gorilla Tape from Amazon, it is resilient, very sticky but doesn't leave a residue. Its well marketed but does live up to the hype in my experience (but I dont use it on watch clasps)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    It’s all here, thanks.

PVC protection tape, perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    That must take some doing Christian, any photos at all of completed item and any work in progress?
    You could set yourself up as someone who wraps exotic cars
    I normally only do the clasp which involves just cutting a rectangle out of the film and applying. I also did the PCLs nearest the clasp for a Rolex bracelet with reasonable success.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I normally only do the clasp which involves just cutting a rectangle out of the film and applying. I also did the PCLs nearest the clasp for a Rolex bracelet with reasonable success.
    Does it not get dusty on the edges?

Grand Master
    All seems a lot ott to me!,do the same guys cover their furniture too?.FFS just wear it and take care,if the watch gets marked its life,not one of my watches has ever suffered damage in all the years off wearing,even in all my hands on jobs.

But then a mate of mine is the same,everything he buys is like brand new,i bought a cordless drill of him last year,thought it was new,it was several years old!.It looks like an antique now ive used it.

So although I dont get it,the person buying from such a person gets a whatever minter.......I just take care with the things that do need taken care off without going obsessive.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    Does it not get dusty on the edges?
    If done carefully the corners stay adhered. Its far from perfect and isn't invisible, but for me I prefer that than constantly getting marks on the clasp.

I realise I'm a bit nuts about it...one bonus is that if you ever buy a watch from me, it will be the closest to mint condition used watch you can find!