closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ETA servicing here?

ETA servicing here?

Hi - Anyone got arecommendation on where to get my Sinn 556i serviced?

The rotor spins when it's handwound, have read something to do with the reverser / clutch...I'd rather I got it looked at by a recommended person than a random.

Cheers
    Craig

Master
    Blog Entries
    TWR are uk Sinn service agents,not used them tho.

Grand Master
    A common problem with ETA 2824 movements. There are two reversers and if one sticks it’ll cause the rotor to spin when the watch is hand- wound. It’ll also compromise the auto- winding efficiency.

OP hasn’t stated the age of the watch. If its several years old its likely the whole movement will benefit from being stripped down. However, if its 3-4 years old the movement may still be running fine and an overhaul of the auto- winding parts my be appropriate. This can be done relatively easily.

Master
    Not sure where you’re based OP but I can without compromise recommend Sean Yates of About Time Watch Repairs. I just got my Tudor Sub with 2824 back from him today, lovely guy to deal with and he’s a member here (ATWR). He’ll be able to sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    A common problem with ETA 2824 movements. There are two reversers and if one sticks it’ll cause the rotor to spin when the watch is hand- wound. It’ll also compromise the auto- winding efficiency.

OP hasn’t stated the age of the watch. If its several years old its likely the whole movement will benefit from being stripped down. However, if its 3-4 years old the movement may still be running fine and an overhaul of the auto- winding parts my be appropriate. This can be done relatively easily.
    I had exactly this issue on a watch and If everything else seems to be functioning correctly, keeping regular time etc then Paul’s right. He carried out this exact same repair on one of my watches.

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Sorry for delay - I bought from this forum a couple of years back so I'm going to guess it's more than 4 years definitely.