closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 50 Fathoms buying advice (for a friend)

50 Fathoms buying advice (for a friend)

Close chum wants to spend some of his redundo money on a used 50F. Something classic, not too big, no rose gold or any of those horrors.
    Not being in that league I can't offer him much advice but can anyone give an idea of prices, places to shop (other then Chrono24 which he knows) etc which I could pass on please? Anything to avoid?

Blog Entries
    Plenty of choice here: https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/search...y%20Fathoms%22

They are doing postal sales at the moment.

Master
    Standard fifty fathoms is 45mm - it is a big watch.

There are smaller 40mm versions that are generally special edition and a fair bit more expensive. Black or blue dial, three hander, chrono, annual calendar - what is he looking for?

Master
    Whilst the standard ff is 45mm it "wears" much smaller. IMHO it is more like a ceramic rolex GMT2 or the like than say a sd43. Best to try before he buys, if that is feasible in the current situation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Standard fifty fathoms is 45mm - it is a big watch.

There are smaller 40mm versions that are generally special edition and a fair bit more expensive. Black or blue dial, three hander, chrono, annual calendar - what is he looking for?
    Thanks all. I suspect he'll want it quite classical, so black dial, non chrono. Poss GMT, but no more complications than that I would guess.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Thanks all. I suspect he'll want it quite classical, so black dial, non chrono. Poss GMT, but no more complications than that I would guess.
    Not aware of a GMT version. I have had black dial / steel and blue dial / titanium, both sold here on SC, so you can look at my previous threads and find the adverts

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Not aware of a GMT version. I have had black dial / steel and blue dial / titanium, both sold here on SC, so you can look at my previous threads and find the adverts
    Ta.