closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New lights + Aerospace Night Mission =

New lights + Aerospace Night Mission =

I got some new lights today (little LEDs - they fit in the palm of your hand and weigh about as much as a small bottle of water). Given that I'm the only one up I just tried a couple of test shots and with a bit of work I think they'll be okay; I need to experiment a bit with modifiers and camera settings, though.

Anyway, the Night Mission's not too shabby either.

There's a bit more info on the lights and camera settings here, should anyone be interested (cue the tumbleweed GIF).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 29th May 2020 at 12:06.

Apprentice
    Looks awesome!

Bloody amateur!

Quote Originally Posted by rizza View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Bloody amateur!
    I know - if I had a day job to give up, I wouldn't

Master
    Great shot and watch - mines on my wrist as I type!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Great shot and watch - mines on my wrist as I type!
    Have you thought about an OEM rubber as a strap alternative? I’m very tempted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sorry to barge in and with a pic that's a travesty compared to yours but I'd very much commend the rubber strap. Incredibly comfortable and with nifty micro adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    Sorry to barge in and with a pic that's a travesty compared to yours but I'd very much commend the rubber strap. Incredibly comfortable and with nifty micro adjustment.

Thanks... confirms what I already thought, and actually changes the look completely.

outwith of the general excellent picture as usual Tony, whats the strap? looks great

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    outwith of the general excellent picture as usual Tony, whats the strap? looks great

Dave
    Thanks Dave. It's the OEM military canvas that comes with the watch (they make it in black too).

Thanks Dave. It's the OEM military canvas that comes with the watch (they make it in black too).
    ah, makes sense as to why it seems like such a perfect match.

Just a bit more on the Ribber strap. Definitely very comfortable and the micro adjustments are a god sent. I’ve tried to catch pictures showing the adjustment and just how much there is in there.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Just a bit more on the Ribber strap. Definitely very comfortable and the micro adjustments are a god sent. I’ve tried to catch pictures showing the adjustment and just how much there is in there.

Hope this helps
    Thanks Mark. Presumably that's a standard titanium clasp and not PVD-coated like the NM case (the clasp presently being used won't let itself to the rubber strap)?

I know you like your 'moody' , but this pic feels a bit lacking - the lighting feels as if there is a lack of power. Interesting to see how you progress with these new lights, so good luck!

Thanks Mark. Presumably that's a standard titanium clasp and not PVD-coated like the NM case (the clasp presently being used won't let itself to the rubber strap)?
    Yes Tony it’s the standard Titanium clasp. I’ve got the standard Aerospace titanium.

Master
    I have indeed, and seeing the one below hasn’t helped! Problem is, with a clasp there extremely expensive. I brought a black isofrane copy with black hardware that looks really good on it, and have a black C&B Chevon strap on the way for it which I hope will look good on it.

I still think the supplied military strap it comes on looks best, problem is you can’t get it wet.

When the first avenger blacksteel came out I had the problem that the deployment only came in steel so I had it PVD coated (wasn’t cheap)

Bizarrely the watch has moved on but I retained the strap and buckle. On rubber it’s super comfortable

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    When the first avenger blacksteel came out I had the problem that the deployment only came in steel so I had it PVD coated (wasn’t cheap)

Bizarrely the watch has moved on but I retained the strap and buckle. On rubber it’s super comfortable

Dave

Oooh, is that 22mm, Dave? When you're ready, mate

I have indeed, and seeing the one below hasn’t helped! Problem is, with a clasp there extremely expensive. I brought a black isofrane copy with black hardware that looks really good on it, and have a black C&B Chevon strap on the way for it which I hope will look good on it.

I still think the supplied military strap it comes on looks best, problem is you can’t get it wet.
    You wouldn't have a photo knocking about anywhere, would you?

Master
    Oooh, is that 22mm, Dave? When you're ready, mate

You wouldn't have a photo knocking about anywhere, would you?
    i'm afraid not up to your standard, but heres a few i just took for you to get the idea. The strap is a Zulu Diver (not sure which one I'm afraid)

I got some new lights today

You're not fooling anyone, Tony*.

What you've got is some different "darks"...

*For the avoidance of doubt, and in order not to cause offence, I enjoy your photos, and I think that you've had a large part to play in raising the standard of watch photography on this Forum.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

Liking your work Ian

and yours Tony
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

i'm afraid not up to your standard, but heres a few i just took for you to get the idea. The strap is a Zulu Diver (not sure which one I'm afraid)

Thank you! That's worth giving some thought to for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

*For the avoidance of doubt, and in order not to cause offence, I enjoy your photos, and I think that you've had a large part to play in raising the standard of watch photography on this Forum.
    Haha - I appreciate that very much!

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Liking your work Ian

and yours Tony

Fantastic shot Tony. What kind of light is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    Fantastic shot Tony. What kind of light is it?
    Thanks mate! I was waffling on about them here.

Great, tnx for the info!

Craftsman
    I ordered a Breitling OEM rubber strap from CW Sellors for my Night Mission. It came last week, but sadly it was a 24mm so its gone back and waiting for the right size. I think there was an issue from Breitling as the lady said it was the third time this had happened.

It was incredibly soft and will hopefully be a dream to wear. Cant wait!

I got some new lights today (little LEDs - they fit in the palm of your hand and weigh about as much as a small bottle of water). Given that I'm the only one up I just tried a couple of test shots and with a bit of work I think they'll be okay; I need to experiment a bit with modifiers and camera settings, though.

Anyway, the Night Mission's not too shabby either.

There's a bit more info on the lights and camera settings here, should anyone be interested (cue the tumbleweed GIF).
    I've read the whole thread and it looks great on all the rubber straps - which speaks of a decent level of versatility - but, Tony, that canvas strap is lovely... it really looks the part. Contrasting but warming too... if that makes any sense whatsoever...?

I used to love mine and I developed a real liking for ana-digi watches.
    That first pic has made me need another. But for now, I’ll have to stick with my ‘Casioak’
    Great pic, Tony

Lovely pic but IME lights work better when turned on:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    I ordered a Breitling OEM rubber strap from CW Sellors for my Night Mission. It came last week, but sadly it was a 24mm so its gone back and waiting for the right size. I think there was an issue from Breitling as the lady said it was the third time this had happened.

It was incredibly soft and will hopefully be a dream to wear. Cant wait!
    That’s annoying. Yes, the Breitling rubbers are lovely and supple.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I've read the whole thread and it looks great on all the rubber straps - which speaks of a decent level of versatility - but, Tony, that canvas strap is lovely... it really looks the part. Contrasting but warming too... if that makes any sense whatsoever...?
    i completely agree with you, actually. The military canvas suits it perfectly and I don’t think I’ll find a better strap. I just thought the rubber would give me another good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    I used to love mine and I developed a real liking for ana-digi watches.
    That first pic has made me need another. But for now, I’ll have to stick with my ‘Casioak’
    Great pic, Tony
    Appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Lovely pic but IME lights work better when turned on:-)
    What, you have to turn them on???

As much as I hate Breitling because of their appalling service towards me and many other, I absolutely adore NM Evo. I'd buy the Volcano black one on sales corner in a hearbeat if I were in country.

I bought mine on the supplied black military canvas tang. I later added a generic olive canvas tang, a Pro III rubber with additional stupidly expensive PVD buckle (they are supplied on SS) and then the also stupidly expensive mustard on deployant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    ... I later added a generic olive canvas tang, a Pro III rubber with additional stupidly expensive PVD buckle (they are supplied on SS) and then the also stupidly expensive mustard on deployant.

I'm mulling over buying this combo right now, Jon. The only thing stopping me is throwing a lot of money at it (not new, fortunately, but still) when the OEM canvas looks so good anyway.

I'm mulling over buying this combo right now, Jon. The only thing stopping me is throwing a lot of money at it (not new, fortunately, but still) when the OEM canvas looks so good anyway.
    The PVD buckle was a hard pill to swallow, Tony, but the brushed steel one doesn’’t look right.

I’d flog you mine if I were in the UK as I can’t really wear rubber in this climate.

The deployant is also uncomfortable in my opinion, but looks the best. I wear it on the supplied black canvas most of the time. Right now in fact.

***edit***

I’ve just had a quick look on C24 and there is a Pro III with PVD buckle on there for $200 (US seller), which is a relative ‘bargain’.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 30th May 2020 at 08:50.

As much as I hate Breitling because of their appalling service towards me and many other, I absolutely adore NM Evo. I'd buy the Volcano black one on sales corner in a hearbeat if I were in country.

I bought mine on the supplied black military canvas tang. I later added a generic olive canvas tang, a Pro III rubber with additional stupidly expensive PVD buckle (they are supplied on SS) and then the also stupidly expensive mustard on deployant.

Believe it or not prior to lockdown my local AD had one of these still in the safe and offered it to me at the current EVO RRP of something like £3870 or so. I declined as I'd had one before and a lovely watch but the fact the hands never align properly kills the ani-digi Breitlings for me. But the Cobra yellow dial is IMHO the coolest variant

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Believe it or not prior to lockdown my local AD had one of these still in the safe and offered it to me at the current EVO RRP of something like £3870 or so. I declined as I'd had one before and a lovely watch but the fact the hands never align properly kills the ani-digi Breitlings for me. But the Cobra yellow dial is IMHO the coolest variant
    This is your previous one, Ryan.

Not sure what you infer about the hand alignment as this one seems on point. But to be fair I don’t scrutinise that much.

This is your previous one, Ryan.

Not sure what you infer about the hand alignment as this one seems on point. But to be fair I don’t scrutinise that much.
    I had the Cobra dial first as well; I loved it but I found the dial colour marginally too "mustard" so traded for the standard version.

No alignment issues with either of mine.

I had the Cobra dial first as well; I loved it but I found the dial colour marginally too "mustard" so traded for the standard version.

No alignment issues with either of mine.
    Lovely photo mate. What strap was that on?

That Cobra is a great colour combination! How hardy is the coating?

Craftsman
    I keep coming back to the Aerospace. I don't know why because it's so different to anything else in my collection, and I don't really think of myself as a Breitling guy. It just has something special.

I can also only really afford one "luxury" watch, so my option for getting one would be to sell or trade my BB41, which strikes me as a decision I might come to regret later.

Your pictures are gorgeous- thanks for sharing!

Lovely photo mate. What strap was that on?
    Thanks. From memory it's the Avenger Hurricane strap, but i could be wrong. It's OEM, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I keep coming back to the Aerospace. I don't know why because it's so different to anything else in my collection, and I don't really think of myself as a Breitling guy. It just has something special.

I can also only really afford one "luxury" watch, so my option for getting one would be to sell or trade my BB41, which strikes me as a decision I might come to regret later.

Your pictures are gorgeous- thanks for sharing!
    That's very kind of you, thanks. By the way, the one that was just withdrawn from SC was a belter - I nearly bought it myself.

Really tempted to own another one of these.

These are my favourite two I have owned.

Master
    Thought i'd post these here, as there was an interest in alternative straps for the Night Mission. Received today, and looking damn fine! (IMO) Crown & Buckle Chevron strap.

Master
    I like that a lot!
    As do I. I’ve had a few of the Tudor nato straps, and this is very close to those for quality. Also has the same adjustment method. Will definitely be looking to get some more!

Thought i'd post these here, as there was an interest in alternative straps for the Night Mission. Received today, and looking damn fine! (IMO) Crown & Buckle Chevron strap.
    I like that a lot!

Great shot

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Begbie View Post
    Great shot

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    I had the cobra for a while. Only sold as I couldn’t get on with the legibility (not enough contrast). Looks great in pics though!