closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBQ Bonanza - recipes

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    I have one on my Weber, Im sure I paid under 100 a few years ago. Its great, stick a couple of chickens on and done Im 75-90 mins (check temp) I also like the fact that when not using it I leave the ring on and it gives a deeper bbq so you can do a couple of beer can chickens without them hitting the lid (need an extra couple of briquettes as its a bigger space to heat)

There are some cheaper options on amazon or there was a place in the west called planet bbq? That did one I think.

Here you go 100, itll do the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SunshineBBQ...s%2C162&sr=8-9
    thank you very much! i'll give that a go

Butterfly shoulder of lamb. 2 mins seared each side on high direct heat. Then 55 min indirect heat, lid down, no peeking at steady 350 degree.

Cant describe how great taste and aroma was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have enough Lumpwood to see me through this year

I'd like to try BigK but always miss out on deals/offers. How much did you pay?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post

I buy their restaurant grade from Amazon, price I cannot recall but feels fine to me.

So much better than the garden centre Big K, had to buy an emergency bag & its awful...loads of small small pieces and it spits all the time when cooking. Hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I buy their restaurant grade from Amazon, price I cannot recall but feels fine to me.

So much better than the garden centre Big K, had to buy an emergency bag & its awful...loads of small small pieces and it spits all the time when cooking. Hate it!

I've had spiraling (down) results with CPL's restaurant grade over the past few years. So much that I'm looking for reliable alternatives. Got one bag left which is fine for short stints on the kettle but useless for anything longer.

I'll checkout the Amazon listing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post

It’s round about 24/25 per 15kgs. Some garden centres sell the restaurant grade (I got my last lot from Riverside). Big K do different “restaurant grade” charcoal, different wood etc and prices vary up to 30ish per 15kg.

https://www.riversidegardencentre.co...coal-fuel.html
    Last edited by craig1912; 1st July 2020 at 14:10.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    It’s round about 24/25 per 15kgs. Some garden centres sell the restaurant grade (I got my last lot from Riverside). Big K do different “restaurant grade” charcoal, different wood etc and prices vary up to 30ish per 15kg.

https://www.riversidegardencentre.co...coal-fuel.html
    Great, I'll check that out. Thanks.

Craftsman
    You can purchase direct from BigK: https://bigkproducts.co.uk/range/professional/
    With free delivery over 30.

I bought 15kg of Dura and 15kg of Flama to see what they are like (not used yet as finishing off my Labtos and CPL lumpwood). Will try the Apple in the future too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    You can purchase direct from BigK: https://bigkproducts.co.uk/range/professional/
    With free delivery over 30.

I bought 15kg of Dura and 15kg of Flama to see what they are like (not used yet as finishing off my Labtos and CPL lumpwood). Will try the Apple in the future too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Interested in hearing!

All come down to who / how they are delivering it. When I order from amazon its post by calor gas, which I find ironic but always good sizes of lump.mwonfer if any better direct from BK as one fewer handling element.

It was sub 20 a bag when you bought 1/4 pallet or 12 bags with free delivery. Cheapest I have seen by far

Interested in hearing!

All come down to who / how they are delivering it. When I order from amazon its post by calor gas, which I find ironic but always good sizes of lump.mwonfer if any better direct from BK as one fewer handling element.

thought id update this with some of my recent efforts

rotisserie chicken. olive oil rub with salt and pepper and mixed herbs. stick skewers in (as i didnt have any twine) then on a spit for about an hour and 45 min. rest for 20min (pick at skin and eat parsons nose) eat with a green salad and plenty of peroni

next some bbq ribs. Brought from Dart Farm in Topsham. Butcher removed the membrane and vacume sealed it in a bbq mix.
    smoke with apple chips for 4 hours on a weber indirect heat at 115-125C. remove and wrap in foil for 30min.
    return after cleaning bbq to find missus has devoured most of it

Master
    Looking good!

Never leave ribs near the wife, rule #1

Never knew you could eat the parsons nose. Learn something new every day.

Looking good!

Never leave ribs near the wife, rule #1

Never knew you could eat the parsons nose. Learn something new every day.
    Thanks. It was the missus that taught me that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Thanks. It was the missus that taught me that!
    Feel Ive been throwing a delicacy away my whole life. Want a chicken to cook now.