closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Modded My 5KS

Modded My 5KS

I had a good at modding my Seiko with a new thicker sapphire crystal with blue AR
    Plus ceramic bezel and new strap I think it turned out pretty well

Here is a before

And After

Last edited by bazza.; 29th May 2020 at 08:11.

I’m happy and feel competent to fix most things. I have yet to mid a watch though have adjusted a few mechanical watches that I own. Although I have no desire to work in mechanical movements I’d love to mod a few seikos. The problem is with prices creeping up I’m almost scared to and figure I’d be better off just buying the watch I want in the first place.

Well done though! You just have a press for the crystal correct ? How different is it from a case back press for putting the back on quartz watches ?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I’m happy and feel competent to fix most things. I have yet to mid a watch though have adjusted a few mechanical watches that I own. Although I have no desire to work in mechanical movements I’d love to mod a few seikos. The problem is with prices creeping up I’m almost scared to and figure I’d be better off just buying the watch I want in the first place.

Well done though! You just have a press for the crystal correct ? How different is it from a case back press for putting the back on quartz watches ?
    Nice mod above. I like the crystal especially. Not too sure about the bezel, reminds me a bit of another watch.

@Canuck: if prices are an issue a Vostok is also a cheap mod option. I bought one, brushed the bezel, then the case and changed rotor, case back and crown. Great experience and not too much money at stake. I happily wear it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's gorgeous, well done. Are those applied markers too?

Master
    Really nice - for me the bezel works very well.

Looks good. Seikos are great fun once you pluck up the courage to crack them open. I’ve modded a couple of my turtles and it’s amazing how some fairly simple tweaks can make a big difference. Coin edge bezel has always been first thing I’ve changed, just cant get away with the stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

They are the same thing only downside is the crystal is now so thick I don't think any of my die's are deep enough to remove it

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    That's gorgeous, well done. Are those applied markers too?
    Yep they are applied markers and they have lume all bit not much