closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sanity check please

Master

Sanity check please

Recently purchased a Rubber Strap for my Seamaster- I’ve only ever had Everest straps before and to my eyes they have been a perfect fit, maybe I’ve been lucky. The strap in question you can see the strap jutting out above the lugs, question is am I being too picky? It does sometimes catch when I’m operating the bezel also, am I expecting too much when spending nearing £140...

I won’t name names but the company have been brilliant offering to swap it straight away etc... I don’t want to start posting things back,them sending replacements purely down to my expectations being too high.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Master
    Looks crap (the fit), regardless of price.

Master
    Very poor and an original can usually be had for around £190 from ebay etc.

That really is a crap fit and I'd be mighty pi55ed off if it was me.

Are you sure it's the right strap for the watch?

Crafter? From Watch Obsession?

Master
    My thoughts also, glad I’m not going mad........

It’ll definitely be going back, shame as the strap itself is very comfy.

Master
    I’ve asked the same question, I’m hoping they’ve just sent the wrong model.

No not crafter, I won’t name names as don’t think it’s fair if it’s an honest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    That really is a crap fit and I'd be mighty pi55ed off if it was me.

Are you sure it's the right strap for the watch?

Crafter? From Watch Obsession?

Master
    I can get a new one for £240, not many have come up on eBay- one was advertised a few weeks back but keep getting taken down then getting re-listed, playing silly buggers so left it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Very poor and an original can usually be had for around £190 from ebay etc.

Echo the opinions of others, it's really a poor fit.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Thanks, like I’ve said at least i wasn’t going mad :-)

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Echo the opinions of others, it's really a poor fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I’ve asked the same question, I’m hoping they’ve just sent the wrong model.

No not crafter, I won’t name names as don’t think it’s fair if it’s an honest mistake.
    WO doesn't sell Crafter for Seamasters anyway so my bad on that.

See how you get on but people need to know so they don't waste their time as well. That's pretty poor for £140.

Terrible fit and terrible price for oem. As an aside I can't go online this past week and a half without seeing the new white Seamaster on black rubber absolutely everywhere. It's such a good combo. It was even a suggested video on YouTube for me a few days ago! Matter of time I think.

Master
    I don’t disagree but would prefer the com)any to come back to me first.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    WO doesn't sell Crafter for Seamasters anyway so my bad on that.

See how you get on but people need to know so they don't waste their time as well. That's pretty poor for £140.

Master
    Not many watches actually look better on Rubber but the white Seamaster 100% does-

Omega AD has quoted me 4 weeks so will order it tomorrow, should of gone with the Omega one straight away, lesson learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Terrible fit and terrible price for oem. As an aside I can't go online this past week and a half without seeing the new white Seamaster on black rubber absolutely everywhere. It's such a good combo. It was even a suggested video on YouTube for me a few days ago! Matter of time I think.

Grand Master
    From the picture, it looks like the watch is too big for the wrist. This causes the strap ends to bend sharply and due to limited flexibility the snug fit us being spoiled. I’ve similar problems with old milanese bracelets, which become sprained and eventually break.

If the watch was on a flatter or larger wrist I suspect it the strap would fit better.

Are you sure thats not for a PO? I have fitted a few rubber straps to my seamaster and they all ride a bit high and interfere with the bezel movement.

Master
    Although my wrists are not the biggest, have worn 45.5 PO including the 8500 Chrono beast on rubber with no size or strap fitment issues.

There is no play or movement in the strap at the lugs at all, size of my wrist I don’t think will have a bearing on the fitment of this strap, I might be wrong of course :-)

Off the wrist shots.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    From the picture, it looks like the watch is too big for the wrist. This causes the strap ends to bend sharply and due to limited flexibility the snug fit us being spoiled. I’ve similar problems with old milanese bracelets, which become sprained and eventually break.

If the watch was on a flatter or larger wrist I suspect it the strap would fit better.
    Last edited by Rob153; 28th May 2020 at 10:52.

Master
    I’m hoping it is as something as simple as that- Company has loads of positive reviews so,I’d be surprised if people would accept the fitment, posted the thread for second opinions just in case it was me being picky.

Only ever had OEM or Everest Rubber so maybe my expectations are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Are you sure thats not for a PO? I have fitted a few rubber straps to my seamaster and they all ride a bit high and interfere with the bezel movement.
    Last edited by Rob153; 28th May 2020 at 10:54.

As an aside has anyone managed to work the "sanity clause gag" into this thread yet?
    Last edited by number2; 28th May 2020 at 12:53.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Am I sane spending so much on a piece of Rubber..... I probably answered my own question.
    Last edited by Rob153; 28th May 2020 at 15:59.

Master
    Update to the original thread.

The strap in question was a Zealande-

He agreed that it didn’t fit flush, stated that it was lucky that it could be used with a new model Seamaster at all. I presumed wrongly that they produce different models of straps for different references, similar to Everest and Rubber B, they do not. One size fits most of the Seamasters, bit misleading as when you scroll through the website you click on your particular model and order from there.

I’m actually amazed that you can see quite a few people singing the straps praises on social media, posting pictures where you can visibly see the bad fitment. The strap itself is very comfortable, nice all round touches, buckle held by screws not pins, hand written note with the strap, included a cleaning cloth and changing tool, communication very prompt. I had to pay the postage to send it back which was about 12 quid to France, a bit galling as it really wasn’t what I ordered.

He didn’t quibble and agreed to refund it, waived his 20% returns charge, erm very generous, 20% when it wasn’t ‘fit for purpose’ ? TBF he volunteered it straight away without me having to press him on it and the money was back in the bank 3 days after he received it back.

Would I buy another one? Yes probably... albeit he would have to actually have strap models to fit exact references. If I’m buying a premium strap, and let’s face it prices not far off RB and Everest, then I expect it to fit! what I received was almost a generic ‘one size fits all’ strap.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    Update to the original thread.

The strap in question was a Zealande-

He agreed that it didn’t fit flush, stated that it was lucky that it could be used with a new model Seamaster at all. I presumed wrongly that they produce different models of straps for different references, similar to Everest and Rubber B, they do not. One size fits most of the Seamasters, bit misleading as when you scroll through the website you click on your particular model and order from there.

I’m actually amazed that you can see quite a few people singing the straps praises on social media, posting pictures where you can visibly see the bad fitment. The strap itself is very comfortable, nice all round touches, buckle held by screws not pins, hand written note with the strap, included a cleaning cloth and changing tool, communication very prompt. I had to pay the postage to send it back which was about 12 quid to France, a bit galling as it really wasn’t what I ordered.

He didn’t quibble and agreed to refund it, waived his 20% returns charge, erm very generous, 20% when it wasn’t ‘fit for purpose’ ? TBF he volunteered it straight away without me having to press him on it and the money was back in the bank 3 days after he received it back.

Would I buy another one? Yes probably... albeit he would have to actually have strap models to fit exact references. If I’m buying a premium strap, and let’s face it prices not far off RB and Everest, then I expect it to fit! what I received was almost a generic ‘one size fits all’ strap.
    Nice of him to waive the 20% return charge when you had a legal right to return it for a full refund any way. What a joker!

Are the positive reviews all an example of the self fulfilling prophecy? The more you spend on something, the more invested you are in it, and the less likely you are to find fault with it. "Well it cost £140, so it must be quality..."

Master
    Yes when he said he’d waive the return fee as a gesture of goodwill I did laugh. I could of kicked up a fuss over the return postage but I really couldn’t be bothered, I put it down to experience and should of done my research beforehand. Half the reason I put the thread up as then noticed all the positive reviews and pictures showing the fitment, wondered if it was me being ‘fussy’ shame as the strap itself was well made just could of gotta a better fit with a 20 quid flea bay job.

You’re probably right, people spending a decent amount buying into the whole Zealande package....

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Nice of him to waive the 20% return charge when you had a legal right to return it for a full refund any way. What a joker!

Are the positive reviews all an example of the self fulfilling prophecy? The more you spend on something, the more invested you are in it, and the less likely you are to find fault with it. "Well it cost £140, so it must be quality..."

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I thought that only applied to uk-based sellers?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I thought that only applied to uk-based sellers?
    That is true, consumer rights act only applies to a UK seller. I just paid the return postage as didn’t want to get into a battle over rights etc....

Craftsman
    Oh really? My apologies. I thought it applied to EU countries.

Master
    My OEM strap turned up today, lesson learnt, stop being a tight arse and buy the original first time..... :-)

[IMG] [/IMG]

I have bought Zealande recently for the 2254. Bought off their website and picked the one said to fit the 2254. Was very please with the result. Fits extremely well very soft and comfortable fit and would definitely order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I thought the strap was excellent quality, on par with `Everest and Rubber B- If it was designed for my watch and fitment was as it should be then there would of been no problem. Who knows they could of used a 2254 for the mould, I’ve now seen a few 2018- Seamasters and the fitment with the Zealande is the same, not good. In his words he said that it was lucky that it fitted the later model at all.

As I said I would definitely buy from him again, but if I’m buying a ‘fitted’ strap then would expect to fit properly.

My thread was not intended to rubbish a company, just a second opinion and eventually warn people of potential fitment problems.

Really hoping he does look into the fitment issues, apart from that everything else was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    I have bought Zealande recently for the 2254. Bought off their website and picked the one said to fit the 2254. Was very please with the result. Fits extremely well very soft and comfortable fit and would definitely order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rob153; 10th June 2020 at 15:34.