timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple AirPods Alternatives ?

Craftsman

Apple AirPods Alternatives ?

I’m looking for alternatives to Apple AirPods (for teenagers
    Apple ones are bit pricey )any suggestions gratefully received thanks

Craftsman
    I bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 buds last week, and so far they're fantastic. They're still £100, so not cheap, but I'd say they're better than the Airpods.

Quote Originally Posted by famyklebust View Post
    I bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 buds last week, and so far they're fantastic. They're still £100, so not cheap, but I'd say they're better than the Airpods.
    I was about to say the same, the reviews read well. I looked at getting a pair a while ago but was put off because some reviews said many people had to use larger tips to get a good seal and if you used the larger tips, the buds didn't fit in the charging box properly.

Have they fixed that issue?

I picked up a pair of these duty free 6 months or so back and they’ve been faultless... never got to grips with the touch controls but that’s because I never got round to reading the manual, otherwise they’re excellent. Think I paid £60 from Dixons.

Urbanista Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I was about to say the same, the reviews read well. I looked at getting a pair a while ago but was put off because some reviews said many people had to use larger tips to get a good seal and if you used the larger tips, the buds didn't fit in the charging box properly.

Hi Christian
    I have had mine around a month now and no problems at all (great sound as well not bass heavy), you get 4 different size pairs of tips to try i use the large ones and no problem fitting into charging case ! a comforting clicking sound as the fit in the case as well.
    I found just to give them a little twist as you put them into the Ear and they are fine, up to 45 hrs battery life as well! and easy to use just click the middle of each bud for Volume up/down skip tracks etc.. you get a handy card to make it easier to start with.Good to buy from a British company and ordered them through Richer Sounds £99

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. If I remember correctly, when these first came out, you had to get the company to send you bigger ear tips. Glad they've sorted the issue.

I've got a pair of Sony WF1000XM3 earphones and really rate them. My only criticism is that they occasionally suffer a bit from dropping out. The sound quality and noise cancelling are both great for what they are.

Both my nephews have them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184307539179

Mock all you like - try them - then you won’t

Their stuff is frankly amazing fir the money

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184307539179

Mock all you like - try them - then you won’t

Their stuff is frankly amazing fir the money
    I use similar cheap Anker/Taotronics/Mpow earphones for running. They probably all come out of the same factory. I'd be inclined to go with Anker/Taotronics/Mpow from amazon though because they provide a proper warranty. A set of mpow earphones gave up on me after about 8 months use running and they sent me out a new pair, no quibble.

No. I'm on my second set in a week from Amazon, and both have this issue. It's not that obvious, I just noticed that occasionally I'll go to play something on my phone and they're connected to the buds (which are in the charging case).

It's a minor issue, that I'm willing to cope with given everything else. The sound quality is great, the fit superb (for me) and they pair first time, every time. Having such a small case is a real bonus.

Blog Entries
    You can pick up airpods for around £100 new now…. This is what they’ll want I’m sure…!

I would recommend lypertek tevi- but, they’re broadly the same price

On Amazon Anker do some highly rated ones for around £45

I've got these,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really good and they have wireless recharging as well as USB charging

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You can pick up airpods for around £100 new now…. This is what they’ll want I’m sure…!

I would recommend lypertek tevi- but, they’re broadly the same price

On Amazon Anker do some highly rated ones for around £45
    The only AirPods you can get for £100 are 2nd hand ones - I’ve been looking. Gave up and ordered some soundpeats from amazon as they seem well reviewed.

Seems to be plenty of reasonable quality stuff around the £40-50 mark altho obviously they ain’t gonna last a lifetime and won’t impress your friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    No. I'm on my second set in a week from Amazon, and both have this issue. It's not that obvious, I just noticed that occasionally I'll go to play something on my phone and they're connected to the buds (which are in the charging case).

It's a minor issue, that I'm willing to cope with given everything else. The sound quality is great, the fit superb (for me) and they pair first time, every time. Having such a small case is a real bonus.

Hi Warren
    Well i can only go by my experience and had no problems...i have found they stay connected to the paired device ( your Phone ) when you sometimes open the case but not often, but stops when you close the case but as you say a minor issue and a great sound...

Cheers

Wayne

I can only confirm how great the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1s are. The wife and I both have a set, and we both love them.

For context I also own a pair of Shure 846, which are my go to earphones. They are leagues apart in terms of price, but I really don't mind using the M1s when I can't be bothered to wire up.

The M1s will sound substantially better than the Airpods.

Craftsman
    I bought a pair of the RHA true connects recently via the forum heads up, very impressed with them, different league to my 1st gen AirPods, top value at under £60

This site does some good reviews.
    https://www.scarbir.com/truewireless

I'm on the lookout too. Have just bought some RHA True Connects but not 100% convinced with them, still deciding whether to keep them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    The only AirPods you can get for £100 are 2nd hand ones - I’ve been looking. Gave up and ordered some soundpeats from amazon as they seem well reviewed.

Seems to be plenty of reasonable quality stuff around the £40-50 mark altho obviously they ain’t gonna last a lifetime and won’t impress your friends

£126
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PZR3PVB
    Or £125 at 02
    https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/apple/airpods-2019

Like i said, can’t get them for £100!

Master
    Jabra Elite 65T for £99.99 in Argos👍

I use similar cheap Anker/Taotronics/Mpow earphones for running. They probably all come out of the same factory. I'd be inclined to go with Anker/Taotronics/Mpow from amazon though because they provide a proper warranty. A set of mpow earphones gave up on me after about 8 months use running and they sent me out a new pair, no quibble.
    I bought the Haylou branded version from amazon for less than £20. I've been using them for 6 months with no issues at all.

Unless you really need wireless charging, I can't see why you need to spend any more on a pair.

Craftsman
    Another thumbs up here for the Rha ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I bought a pair of the RHA true connects recently via the forum heads up, very impressed with them, different league to my 1st gen AirPods, top value at under £60

I’ll second this. I got a pair of this because I wasn’t willing to pay £250 for the new AirPods. Very impressed with them. Just don’t rely on the company to send out any communication on dispatch or delivery!

Jabra Elite 75t is fantastic for £170. If you don't want to spend that much the 65t is £100. Might find offers / codes for either to bring the price down. I only went for the 75t due to usb c and magnetic lock-in for the case otherwise the 65t would have been fine.

Craftsman

B&O

I have been looking for Airpod/Beats alternatives for a little while too. Just pulled the pin on some B&O E8 with a reduction from £300 to £100-ish. Got mine from Amazon with free UK delivery (Mother in Laws).

Very happy and sound quality superb.

Link here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bang-Olufse...=1&sr=8-3&th=1

Another set to look at.

Hope this helps.

J