closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 20 years of watches come and gone………PLUS CURVEX

Threaded View

20 years of watches come and gone………PLUS CURVEX

**ADDED A 1930s GRUEN CURVEX MOVEMENT SECTION AT BOTTOM OF THIS ORIGINAL POST**

So…I’ve acquired and flipped SO many watches over the past 20 years or so, I had an opportunity last night to retrieve some of the old photos off my ancient backup remote drive. Seems my desktop cratered on me and I had to do a quick backup of documents, photos, music, etc., before the computer consultant came by to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch.

There is probably at least three or four times more NOT presented here due to either not finding them, or too similar to the ones I selected.

Some watches include multiple images where I thought appropriate (e.g., movement, engraving).

I hope your computer is equipped with about 24GB of memory to handle this onslaught! Have fun!

In no particular order…

I showed a couple Gruens above, but forgot to include a photo of their unique patented "Curvex" movement of the 1930s. It was concave on the bottom to aid in curving the case to the wrist. The watch of mine I found (below) had a 'moderate' curve to it. There were several distinct Curvex movements built by Gruen throughout the 1930s in their massive Cincinnati factory. I'll sleuth around the web to find a few more 'extreme' examples.

...from THIS watch:

...and a few other Gruen/Curvex examples I found:

Last edited by pacifichrono; 28th May 2020 at 09:31. Reason: Forgot one...