closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wine society

Wine society

Just a heads up. The wine society has opened up its books for new members. I've just joined for £40 with £20 off my first order.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Best / worst decision ever. I love / hate the society. (Depending on if you ask me on a Friday night or a Saturday morning!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Best / worst decision ever. I love / hate the society. (Depending on if you ask me on a Friday night or a Saturday morning!)
    Lol. I've not had a proper look yet but hopefully over the next few days I'll get a good look

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks for the heads up. I've joined. I used to be a member of Naked, but stopped due to the monthly commit. I'm actually on the dry for a few weeks, but this will give me something to look at in the interim.

The Wine Society is wonderful - if in doubt just pick the “Society” option for whichever wine you fancy ... though I have a personal liking for Portuguese whites ... and Cremant de Loire ...

Anybody signed up to the subscription service?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by macdaddymac View Post
    I have joined, and looked at that, but there's something in browsing and choosing for me, as equally for you as there may be surprise and anticipation in the subscription option :)

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddymac View Post
    ”Wines without fuss?” My sister does, for everyday wines - has always rated it.

One thing about The Wine Society (or was, at least) - if you are into En Primeur wines, and want something from a particularly good/over-subscribed vintage......

With other outfits like J&B, etc - you submit a request for what you want, but need to take a chance on not getting the two wines, and not getting any ‘second choices’

With Wine Society - you can over-request, and if you (say) get 3 out of the 5 - they might just be acceptable to you.
    If you only want 2 of the 3 - just accept those. If you want none - cancel. If you get awarded all 5 - just pick the ones you want.

You stand a better chance of getting some great vintages (albeit - they are not in bond and therefor cannot be sold on, free of VAT) (think I have described that correctly).

Thought I'd resurrect this. Only just had chance to look round the wine society website and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations from it. There seems to be low numbers of reviews and they seem to be from various years as well so it all seems a bit pot luck to me. If its any help I like low acidic wine both red and white. For red I prefer medium to full bodied, don't like dry or anything with high tannins. For white I'm not keen on forward mineral tastes and prefer the softer, fruitier end. Pricewise I'd say up to £12 (though happy around the tenner mark) or a good everyday and £20 for something abit more special.

Any pointers would be gratefully received, though probably not by my liver. I should say I've subscribed to their wines without fuss offer which over time will offer up some favorites but I also tend to buy additional wines as well.
    Last edited by subseastu; 9th July 2020 at 08:15.