closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Le Jour watches

Le Jour watches

I noticed this watch while looking at the chronomaster website and thought it was pretty good looking and seemed reasonably priced too, but I’m not very familiar with the Le Jour brand. Has anyone any experience or thoughts on them? Looks to be a couple of good looking models in the line up.
    I’ve not got the hang of embedding pics yet but this was the watch http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/lejour...lj+-+hh+-+002/
    Update, seems the diver is a new model https://wornandwound.com/le-jour-takes-you-back-to-the-1970s-with-the-new-hammerhead-diver/
    Last edited by DANH; 26th May 2020 at 15:34.

I have their "Vintage Diver" and am impressed with the build quality, and also that it has an eta movement all at a reasonable price.

It is reissue of a "Superman" without the bezel locking mechanism. It came on a leather strap.

I understand "Le Jour" was the name "Yema" used in US. I don't know if it has any connection to the current iteration of Yema.

A

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    I have their "Vintage Diver" and am impressed with the build quality, and also that it has an eta movement all at a reasonable price.

It is reissue of a "Superman" without the bezel locking mechanism. It came on a leather strap.

I understand "Le Jour" was the name "Yema" used in US. I don't know if it has any connection to the current iteration of Yema.

A
    Interesting info thanks, I really like the look of your model too

Despite some efforts to obscure the fact, they are Hong Kong based; prefer Yema myself, but there's nothing at-all wrong with Le Jour.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    morning Despite some efforts to obscure the fact, they are Hong Kong based; prefer Yema myself, but there's nothing at-all wrong with Le Jour.
    I see thanks, they definitely have some good looking models, the chrono is a looker too. Off to do more research

http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/lejour...lj+-+mi+-+001/

Master
    I can't remember where I read it, but I was under the impression that the modern Le Jour company is 'owned'/created by Gnomon watches as they (I think) were the original sellers of the brand. Like earlofsodbury says though, I think they're HK-based and I've presumed are manufactured there or in China.

Certainly the original chronograph model of the 'new' Le Jour has been reviewed favourably on Wornandwound too. A recall a few have cropped up on SC as well. I've been tempted to try the chronograph myself a few times! 🙂

I think you're right about Gnomon - certainly their "Asian Office" coincides with it.

Singapore's a real hotbed of new startups and revivals, and the quality does seem to be spot-on in a lot of cases.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I think you're right about Gnomon - certainly their "Asian Office" coincides with it.

Singapore's a real hotbed of new startups and revivals, and the quality does seem to be spot-on in a lot of cases.
    Interesting on the address.

But agreed, certainly my personal experience with Helson and from what I've read about other HK-based brands, they certainly provide very good quality watches at reasonable prices.

I like the look of the Vintage line, and the prices are very reasonable for ETA movements.

Not seen their modern iteration before but I owned a couple of LeJour chrono's back in the day so I guess somebody (Gnomon) has bought the name.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052