closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Webcam Heads-up.

Webcam Heads-up.

Know lots of people after webcam atm. Logitech have got the C922 back in stock https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/produ...-stream-webcam

Just ordered one myself, selling at a premium on eBay, doubt will remain long!
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 10th June 2020 at 16:22.

If anyone knows a student or is a student, you can get 25% off - I just ordered the MX Keys which I've been waiting ages for stock...

I've got one of these or similar. Doesn't get used because you can't rotate it which I need to do. Might as well sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I've got one of these or similar. Doesn't get used because you can't rotate it which I need to do. Might as well sell it.
    Comes with a tripod so can be positioned as you wish.

Thank you for the heads-up!

Forgive my spectacular lack of knowledge but can this be connected up to a normal laptop to be used as a primary or secondary webcam?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post

Just stick it on an arm - that is how I have my other one set up - Arm clamped to desk and Webcam attached to arm - Logitech cameras use the standard digital camera mount.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Forgive my spectacular lack of knowledge but can this be connected up to a normal laptop to be used as a primary or secondary webcam?
    Yes Standard USB connection - just plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Just stick it on an arm - that is how I have my other one set up - Arm clamped to desk and Webcam attached to arm - Logitech cameras use the standard digital camera mount.

Yes Standard USB connection - just plug and play.
    Many thanks and thanks to the OP, I've just ordered one. All of my income is from Skype / Zoom lessons now so I feel like I should up my webcam game. I just need to work out if I can use more than one webcam during Skype calls.

Call me paranoid but I recomend a lens cover when not using a webcam, I painted mine bright yellow on the flip side, so it always catches my eye when open.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Privacy-Shu...510158&sr=8-37

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Know lots of people after webcam atm. Logitech have got the C922 back in stock https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/produ...-stream-webcam

Just ordered one myself, selling at a premium on eBay, doubt will remain long!
    A word of caution. Have a look at the Logitech forums or feedback at the moment. It is carnage. Logitech don't have them actually in stock but are still taking orders. People have been waiting for ages, with no confirmation of order, no date of delivery and Logitech have taken the ability to cancel orders or actually contact anyone off their website. I have never seen anything like it. It is like a never ending maze trying to get anywhere. Every road that you take leads you back to the same place on their website and it is a dead end.

I put a WTB on TZ for one of these or a Logitech Brio urgently as I had training to do and my webcam had gone kaput. Somebody kindly pointed out that they had them in stock on the Logitech website. I had already checked and it was showing as out of stock for everything. I checked again and the Brio and C922S were showing as in stock. This was after looking for one all over the place and any good webcams being sold out everywhere. Both were in stock on Logitech's website and I duly and happily ordered one of each. That is when the fun and games really started. No confirmation of order, no ability to contact anyone, no ability to cancel the order, no ability to speak to anyone or actually email anyone. I eventually checked on the Logitech forum and it was carnage. People were going absolutely bonkers because they were still advertised as being in stock, taking payment and not delivering. Have a look, it is frightening that such a big company has acted like this. There are literally hundreds of people complaining.

Anyway, after trying to cancel and stop payment without any success, and realising the scale of the problem I was offered a Brio that was £50.00 over the rrp from a British retailer that had got three in. They had been charged more from their suppliers (Digital River). I bought it and it is a cracking webcam. I was still concerned about having an order in with Logitech that did not look like it was coming anytime soon and that I now no longer needed. I eventually used one of our work investigators to try to find an actual person from Logitech that I could speak to. It was a tough job as they have farmed out distribution to companies in Ireland and Holland (I think they were called Digital River) who are not picking up phones. Last week I eventually spoke to someone who admitted that it was unacceptable and they would see what they could do. I told them that I just wanted to cancel the order. They went all round the houses and said that they couldn't cancel but once they had delivered my items then I could return them. Absolutely crackers. I threatened them with legal action and guess what? A C922S and Brio was delivered the very next day by RMSD.

I now have a brand new C922 and Brio that I don't need, unopened and cant send them back. Anyone that wants them is really welcome to have them at RRP + delivery. I may put them both up on the For Sale Forum later. The Brio that I am using is very impressive, but I will never purchase another Logitech product in the future. What a company!!

To make matters worse I also purchased a Blue Yeti Microphone direct from Blue. I had no idea that Blue are owned by Logitech.... Guess what? Read the above, rinse and repeat. No microphone, no confirmation of order, money taken three weeks ago and can't get anywhere..... I spoke to someone in California yesterday who told me that I had to speak to someone in Europe but could not give me contact details..... Happy days

^^^

Thanks for that, I haven’t had an order acknowledgement yet though does show in my account. I’m in no great hurry so I’ll wait and see - difficult times for all but does sound like they could do better.

Rather sneaky though that it isn’t actually Logitech selling the stuff and any warranty issues will lie with the other company.

On the plus side, I’ve always found Logitech products to be very good and often the best option.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If anyone knows a student or is a student, you can get 25% off - I just ordered the MX Keys which I've been waiting ages for stock...

I've got the MX Keys and the MX Master 3 mouse - both excellent bits of kit... even better when you can claim the tax back for working from home

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I've got the MX Keys and the MX Master 3 mouse - both excellent bits of kit... even better when you can claim the tax back for working from home
    I bought the MX keys because I like laptop style keys. Great keyboard other than for the volume button bug. And 25% off too :)

The Brio looks fantastic! I have an 8 year old C910 which works perfectly well, but I can no longer access the camera controls through any of the Logitech apps/programmes (I guess it's too old to be supported now, and the original control software doesn't run on the current Mac OS). Annoyingly, it means I have to keep my office - and the shelves behind me - spic and span as the camera has defaulted to its widest field of view (and I can't now adjust it). Not sure that's a reason to be buying another camera, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Great keyboard other than for the volume button bug.
    I wasn't aware of any bug, but then I connect to my laptop via Bluetooth and not via the unifying receiver which is apparently related to the problem.

Awesome keyboard though... even better to use than my Chromebook Pixel.

^^^

Thanks for that, I haven’t had an order acknowledgement yet though does show in my account. I’m in no great hurry so I’ll wait and see - difficult times for all but does sound like they could do better.

Rather sneaky though that it isn’t actually Logitech selling the stuff and any warranty issues will lie with the other company.

On the plus side, I’ve always found Logitech products to be very good and often the best option.
    It is good gear and they were a good company. That is part of the frustration that they are doing some really strange things and alienating customers. It was genuinely bonkers trying to get answers. Just try looking for how to cancel an order on their website and see where it takes you. It is Logitech selling the stuff but they have digital river as their distributors.

Now showing as out of stock on their website when you add to your basket.

Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    It is good gear and they were a good company. That is part of the frustration that they are doing some really strange things and alienating customers. It was genuinely bonkers trying to get answers. Just try looking for how to cancel an order on their website and see where it takes you. It is Logitech selling the stuff but they have digital river as their distributors.
    Invoice page states: - "Digital River Ireland Ltd. is the authorised reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store."

There is also this in Terms of Sale: - "To exercise your right to cancel please email us at cancellation_eu@digitalriver.com, you may also use the Cancellation Form". Obviously don't know how well that would work!

Master
    I wasn't aware of any bug, but then I connect to my laptop via Bluetooth and not via the unifying receiver which is apparently related to the problem.

Awesome keyboard though... even better to use than my Chromebook Pixel.
    The bug is that under an unknown condition, where when you press the volume down key, it gets stuck (as in the software just reads it as if you are holding the button down). Only fix is to power the keyboard off and on again.

... even better when you can claim the tax back for working from home
    But only if you're self employed with your own business (not if you're an employee for another)? I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, as I fall into the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    But only if you're self employed with your own business (not if you're an employee for another)? I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, as I fall into the latter.
    you can claim for working from home (with a lot of caveats) but its a pitful amount of money - maybe £6 a week or...

However.. I do have a consultancy company I can put it through..

Good news, mine has been shipped!

UPS from Netherlands.

UPS from Netherlands.
    Webcam hasn't shipped yet (maybe because I ordered it later in the day) but the Keyboard has shipped.

Master
    Wife brought me back a c310 that wasn’t being used in her work place. No where near as good as the ones discussed here, but so much better than the laptop one.

Frustrating the lens isn’t centre, with mic either side vs just on the one. Means if I want to be central on camera whilst sitting central to monitor & desk I need the camera an inch or two off centre & that makes my teeth itch!

Invoice page states: - "Digital River Ireland Ltd. is the authorised reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store."

There is also this in Terms of Sale: - "To exercise your right to cancel please email us at cancellation_eu@digitalriver.com, you may also use the Cancellation Form". Obviously don't know how well that would work!
    Yep. Tried all that. It’s great fun😄. No responses from emails and the cancellation link takes you through that mysterious maze where you end up back on the same page you started on 20 mins earlier. Have a look at the Logitech community forum. Unless it’s calmed down in the last week it was amazing reading some of the comments. Sadly I can relate fully.

UPS from Netherlands.
    Great news. Hopefully they are getting their act together.

Yep. Tried all that. It’s great fun. No responses from emails and the cancellation link takes you through that mysterious maze where you end up back on the same page you started on 20 mins earlier. Have a look at the Logitech community forum. Unless it’s calmed down in the last week it was amazing reading some of the comments. Sadly I can relate fully.
    I'd send cancellation email, assume cancelled then get in touch with credit/debit card after 14 days.

Great news. Hopefully they are getting their act together.
    Thanks!

Webcam Heads-up

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The Brio looks fantastic! I have an 8 year old C910 which works perfectly well, but I can no longer access the camera controls through any of the Logitech apps/programmes (I guess it's too old to be supported now, and the original control software doesn't run on the current Mac OS). Annoyingly, it means I have to keep my office - and the shelves behind me - spic and span as the camera has defaulted to its widest field of view (and I can't now adjust it). Not sure that's a reason to be buying another camera, though.
    Another option for 4K video is to use a DSLR/mirrorless camera and one of these (or similar) https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link-4k.

Of course price of these has gone through roof too (if available at all) but snagged one before all this. What didn’t like was relying on camera battery for an hour+ and although could connect USB power, battery still had to be present (Fuji XT-3) and everything became hot (though dependent on camera). Camera adjustments rather fiddly too, again dependent on arrangement and I just preferred the simplicity of a webcam.

Another option for 4K video is to use a DSLR/mirrorless camera and one of these (or similar) https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link-4k.

Of course price of these has gone through roof too (if available at all) but snagged one before all this. What didn’t like was relying on camera battery for an hour+ and although could connect USB power, battery still had to be present (Fuji XT-3) and everything became hot (though dependent on camera). Camera adjustments rather fiddly too, again dependent on arrangement and I just preferred the simplicity of a webcam.
    Thanks, but I agree that it all becomes a little klunky (albeit that my little Sony a6300 appears to be 4k compatible and it would be easier/smaller to use). Good to know its out there, though.

UPS from Netherlands.
    Please keep us posted if/when it arrives.

Strange times, as this thread has made me uneasy about how long it is taking to dispatch (and deliver) the webcam I ordered (and paid for), but I have just checked and it was only 3 days ago that I placed my order, yet it feels like AGES!

Will leave it for a while and see if they come good. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Please keep us posted if/when it arrives.

Strange times, as this thread has made me uneasy about how long it is taking to dispatch (and deliver) the webcam I ordered (and paid for), but I have just checked and it was only 3 days ago that I placed my order, yet it feels like AGES!

Will leave it for a while and see if they come good. Fingers crossed.
    So I order my keyboard on the 26th, got shipping notification on the 27th and it arrived this morning at 10am.

The webcam I ordered later so I expect that to be tomorrow or monday.

So I order my keyboard on the 26th, got shipping notification on the 27th and it arrived this morning at 10am.

The webcam I ordered later so I expect that to be tomorrow or monday.
    Have you had shipping confirmation for the webcam?

I also ordered on 26th at 10.50AM (webcam x2) and have heard absolutely nothing from them since.

Have you had shipping confirmation for the webcam?

I also ordered on 26th at 10.50AM (webcam x2) and have heard absolutely nothing from them since.
    Looking on my logitech account it shows as complete and with UPS.

Looking on my logitech account it shows as complete and with UPS.
    Thank you.
    I will be patient for a while longer and see what arrives.

Thank you.
    Strangely webcam arrived Friday but now have update from UPS saying delivery rescheduled for Monday. Either they don’t know it was delivered or sent a second in error!

I've just had a look at the webcam I've got and don't use and it's called a TedGem 1080p. Is it any good? If it's worth anything I'll put it on SC or as a swap for one I can use.

It's quite expensive so I'll keep it and modify it's mount.
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 2nd June 2020 at 19:57.

Thank you.
    In case anyone has ordered one of these and was wondering if the supply was genuine:

My dispatch notice was received this morning, for delivery on Friday. Order was placed on 26th May.

Bought direct from Logitech,
    'Fulfilled' by Digital River in Ireland.
    Being shipped from the Netherlands.

Glad they are getting their act together with the webcams. My response to the OP about my experience was a while ago now (see above in this thread). I still haven’t received my Blue Yeti microphone from Logitech and cannot get any kind of response from their customer services. They just keep sending me Logi Tickets by email to say they are looking into it. On the upside the Brio that I have been using is fantastic. Still have the other one spare.....

Glad they are getting their act together with the webcams. My response to the OP about my experience was a while ago now (see above in this thread). I still haven’t received my Blue Yeti microphone from Logitech and cannot get any kind of response from their customer services. They just keep sending me Logi Tickets by email to say they are looking into it. On the upside the Brio that I have been using is fantastic. Still have the other one spare.....
    I think it is just pot luck.

Not sure if they are actually getting their act together though, as I emailed Digital River asking for an update 3 days ago and still haven't had any form of response from them. Fortunately a dispatch notice arrived while I was waiting to hear. Just in time too, as I was just about to speak to my credit card company to reverse the payment.

Microphones have been as hard to get hold of as webcams over the last couple of months, but this Yeti Nano finally arrived yesterday. very pleased with it.

I think it is just pot luck.

Not sure if they are actually getting their act together though, as I emailed Digital River asking for an update 3 days ago and still haven't had any form of response from them. Fortunately a dispatch notice arrived while I was waiting to hear. Just in time too, as I was just about to speak to my credit card company to reverse the payment.
    Package finally arrived yesterday.

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

Mine arrived yesterday. No complaints so far and importantly I can switch between it and the laptop webcam during Skype calls which is perfect for my online teaching. I can also switch between microphones during the call so all good :-)