closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wempe Iron Walker

Master

Wempe Iron Walker

Apologies if this is already posted, search

https://monochrome-watches.com/wempe...let-new-price/

Perhaps not the most original design, but that 40mm automatic chronometer with the white dial...

I’m not likely to be visiting London this year. If anyone gets a hands on with one of these when Wempe reopen their store, please post your thoughts.

Dave

Wow, i do like the blue dialed diver, cues from an IWC Aquatimer.

Master
    Not bad at all. Would be interested to see the blue diver and white 40mm in the flesh.

A good watch ruined by a terrible name. Iron Walker?

Looks great for those of us who can't afford the real deal that is a VC. Shame about the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    i'd agree with that, but i really like the blue chrono, lovely, i even think i could live with the wording

Agree with the name, but this watch is a strong competitor to iwc, GP and chopard equivalents. Almost hals the price of the new bell and Ross integrated bracelet watch and this will have amazing build quality of their other watches are to go by. Plus they don't make a lot of watches per year and don't rely on global sourcing for parts like many bigger brands

I like the simple white dial one except for the integrated bracelet, would really like a step option - rubber would be good.

Craftsman
    Stupidest name ever.

Should have played safe and gone with Walk-Master.

Craftsman
    Street-Dweller?

Craftsman
    Also covered here -> https://www.ablogtowatch.com/wempe-u...ts-watch-line/

I really like the look of the blue diver with the internal bezel.

Really like the look of these but have to agree the name is pretty bad

Absolutely this

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Master
    More than a hint of 17000 Oysterquartz in there too

Gorgeous looking pieces every one of them, but what on earth is up with watch names these days..?
    Last edited by Tony-GB; 27th January 2022 at 11:53.

I absolutely love the chrono, perfect size too at 42mm. It is very VC and could be one for the future. The 'no name' on the dial is also very appealing.

I quite like the chronograph, the others not so much.
    One thing I would like to see is the side profile, with a 7753 it will be quite thick and this might make the integrated lug bracelet look a bit odd.
    Edit: there is a picture on one of those links and they have hidden the height in a tall bezel that looks a bit odd to me.
    I am shocked at the price, I thought they would be much more expensive than that.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 26th May 2020 at 20:21.

Decent prices, and the quality looks pretty good but the designs are pretty boring and derivative

And the name is terrible

Thanks for the heads up: I have always thought that Wempe’s watches were really well put together (and well priced) and these look terrific, next time I visit Bond Street I will defo try the Chrono and diver on for size.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I absolutely love the chrono, perfect size too at 42mm. It is very VC and could be one for the future. The 'no name' on the dial is also very appealing.

There’s a bit of vacheron overseas in that case design to my eyes. I quite like it

Master
    White time and date is nice.

Apologies if I missed it - I skimread the article - but is there any explanation of the name?
    Or anywhere else?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Apologies if I missed it - I skimread the article - but is there any explanation of the name?
    Or anywhere else?
    Taken from an article in Watch Time

This week, German Jeweler Wempe unveiled its latest collection under the in-house Wempe Glashütte label, bringing forth the latest addition to the burgeoning luxury-sports watch market — the Iron Walker collection. The new family capitalizes on a growing trend and demand for integrated-bracelet steel sports watches, offering 16 total new models divided into four distinct designs, including a chronograph, a super-compressor dive watch, a and time-only models for both men and women. The Iron Walker line, which Wempe says it’s been developing for a decade, takes its name and inspiration from the first American construction workers building steel skyscrapers, without much in the way of either safety equipment or regulation, in the early parts of the 20th century. (Wempe’s New York showroom is located in one of the city’s first high-rise buildings with a steel skeleton.)

Quite like the time and date one in blue. Minute hand looks a fraction short? Also the bands and indices don't look particularly well finished.

I would really like to handle a Chrono, I have been holding out on a blue dialled watch for years and cannot decide if I like the rings around the Chrono subdials. The panda looks fantastic though. Shame the only shop in the UK is in London, could be a long time before I have the opportunity.

Master

Wempe Iron Walker

Something about these integrated bracelet watches means they wear a lot thicker, i had the AP Royal Oak chronograph for a while and even though it was quite thin by most standards at 11.2mm, it still wore fairly chunky for some reason. So my money is the simple time and date only being the pick of the bunch when seen in person, as it is the most thin by a distance, and these watches need to be thin to feel elegant/refined (also why the Royal Oak ultra thin jumbo is so sought after vs standard version)

You could be right there, the only watch I have owned with an integrated bracelet was a 7750 based IWC and I remember thinking it felt quite thick. Lovely watch but I ultimately fell out of love with the dial design.

Hopefully, some reviews with decent photos come online soon to tide me over until I find myself in London with time on my hands.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    You could be right there, the only watch I have owned with an integrated bracelet was a 7750 based IWC and I remember thinking it felt quite thick. Lovely watch but I ultimately fell out of love with the dial design.

Hopefully, some reviews with decent photos come online soon to tide me over until I find myself in London with time on my hands.
    Not long before shops open now, I might head down to Bond Street for some watch browsing and Wempe to try these on, and will post some pics if I do.

That would be good I am not sure if these new models are released yet but I am only guessing because of the lack of anything online other than press releases.